Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Any news about Dominicks?

Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Actually, Albertson's lease on the space expired. My sources say this is moving ahead.
    Eric's news is not fake news. Eric's news is real news.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Was almost certain they exercised their five year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Actually, Albertson's lease on the space expired. My sources say this is moving ahead.
    I hope you're right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Well, truth be told, they did sign the extension. So, yeah, they did that. They are apparently giving it up.

It is really happening, I confirmed it with the Village today. Pete's is a great store, this is awesome news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this news has gone a bit quiet. Hope it is still happening

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Lupechennel's Avatar
    I popped into Pete's a few times this summer (In Villa Park). I found them very expensive, actually some of the prices out of touch. Any one else see this?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    I haven't been to Pete's, but have found the same to be true at Mariano's. I'll have something on my list where the price blows my mind.

Forum Regular
    Are we sure Pete's is moving into the open GE spot? that would make one in Villa Park, GE and now Wheaton.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/0...space/a65dwic/

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Are we sure Pete's is moving into the open GE spot? that would make one in Villa Park, GE and now Wheaton.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/0...space/a65dwic/
    The owner of the mall has approached the VOG with an insane request for way too much money to make improvements and a build out. The VOG countered with a smaller amount spread over 10 years as a sales tax rebate. In other words, shifting the risk to the property owner and giving them an incentive to make it work. I haven't heard if the owner has come back to them.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    The For Rent sign is missing from the old Dom's building. That might be due to an ongoing negotiation. Or not.
    Last edited by GESince1958; 07-20-2017 at 09:40 AM.

jewel reupped for another year?

Glen Ellyn studying $1.5M incentive to lure Pete's Fresh Market (link) — Suburban Life

"Glen Ellyn village trustees at their Aug. 21 workshop meeting will discuss a proposal to give a $1.5 million sales tax incentive to bring Pete's Fresh Market into the long-vacant Dominick's store in the Baker Hill Center along Roosevelt Road in Glen Ellyn.

The 72,397-square-foot Dominick's space has been vacant since December 2013. Village staff is recommending a total of $1.5 million in a performance-based sales tax rebate incentive over 10 years, according to a memo from Meredith Hannah, the village's economic development coordinator.

The incentive would be given under the following parameters..."

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Isn't Pete's also going into the old Whole Foods in Wheaton? Are they figuring there'd be enough traffic for both of them? I'm SORO, so the Wheaton one would not be that much further than one in Baker Hill.

Glen Ellyn considering $1.5 million tax incentive for shopping center owner (link) — Daily Herald

"By renovating a long-vacant Dominick's store, the owner of a Glen Ellyn shopping center hopes to entice a grocer to its anchor spot. Phillips Edison & Company also has proposed a major redesign of the Baker Hill shopping center, just northeast of Roosevelt Road and Route 53. The real estate company bought the center in 2011.

To fill a funding gap in the project, the company is asking for a financial incentive from the village. Phillips Edison initially sought a $2 million deal, but trustees rejected that request.

Village staffers are now recommending an agreement that would allow the landlord to recoup up to $1.5 million in sales taxes generated by a new Pete's Fresh Market that could open in the dormant space once occupied by Dominick's.

Village trustees will..."