Thread: 2012 Real Estate Tax Bill

Forum Regular

2012 Real Estate Tax Bill

Did u get your little suprise today? My taxes up 7.5%. Mostly due to D41. Thanks for the good screwing Dr PI for the phase in. That's a ref that keeps taking and taking, and taking. Never even a thank you either. Shows how STUPID we all arel akin to the lemmings jumping off a cliff, we humans in GE are not better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the District wonders why we don't trust them.

My next call will be to the Milton Township Tax Assessor!!

How did everyone elses look like?
    Last edited by Concerned; 05-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Up 7.5%. Someone could have at least asked if I had wanted a little lube...or a drink, and not necessarily in that order or anything...

Same. I'm guessing that the abatement from last year allowed 41 to fly past the 5% cap, assuming that it applies to schools. They went up about 11 1/2% on my bill. The board members have received a free pass from this community, as long as I've been here, anyways. It's about time that changed.

+7.26% Times must be getting better . . . . taxes are up. I hope there is a correlation between good times and higher taxes.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    +7.26% Times must be getting better . . . . taxes are up. I hope there is a correlation between good times and higher taxes.
    There isn't.

Anyone else getting seven percent pay raises this year. Besides District 41 employees I mean. Oh D41 is going to add tow new Vice Principals to its already bloated staff.

Supposedly the next step in Pension reform will be for the Suburban districts to pay more toward their pensions. So look for even higher taxes next year.

Speaking of pension reform one of the Nays was our very one Sandra Pihos. So no wonder D41 walks over us. We elect people like that we deserve to get screwed. As W.C. fields used to say Never give a sucker an even break.

Forum Regular
    U r correct Micheal and Ack: No abatement this year from 41. Pesnion reform, what a crock of ####! And now with Voltaggio gone on the 87 board and a GEA union member on said board, look out GE! It's like stealing candy from a child with the uninformed public that live in this town. With the tough times we still face, higher taxes, high unemployment, maybe this will force people to wake up, by virtue of necessity and survival in this town.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Up 7%. Lower is better in this game, right?

+7.2%. Depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by mamattorney View Post
    +7.2%. Depressing.
    Total bill - +7.36%
    District 41 component - +11.6%

Nice

Forum Regular
    My property tax bill went up 20%, need a lawyer to help fight any recommendations?

I thought the only thing you can dispute is your assessment. And by the time you get your bill it's too late

Total bill + 9.3%. I knew the gold brick paver patio would come back to haunt me.

Quit your whining! It's all explained right here.

UNDERSTANDING THE DISTRICT PORTION OF YOUR REAL ESTATE TAXES

*The District 41 portion of the tax bills for 2011-2012 that residents just received shows a larger increase than normal compared to last year's bill.
    *This is because the amount is being compared with a lower than normal tax bill last year, when the district reduced taxes by $2.7 million through an abatement.
    *Residents paid $2.7 million less last year due to the abatement.
    *Taxpayers are not paying more this year than they would have if there had been no abatement; in other words, the district is not "making up" this year what it abated last year. The difference between what the district would have received last year if it had not abated and what it received this year is 3.65%; the difference between what the district received last year after the abatement and what it received this year is 10.9%.
    *The May, 2013 tax bill is in compliance with the tax cap legislation. The tax cap slows the pace at which taxes rise.

Below is an example taken from the tax bills for a property within the district with a net taxable value of $234,700 (fair cash value of $722,200).
    NOTE: The district is receiving 10.9% more than it did last year when you compare all the tax dollars it received; what an individual property owner pays will probably differ from that percentage increase depending on the value of the property relative to other properties in the district, and exemptions the property may qualify for. In the example below, the increase for the property this year is more than the district's increase in total tax dollars.

2009 2010 2011 2012
    (abatement year) (May 2013 tax bill)

D41 7,446.17 7,656.95 7,321.49 8,167.56
    D41 Pension Fund 195.71 208.77 209.40 215.92
    Total 7,641.88 7,865.72 7,530.89 8,383.48
    % Change 2.93% -4.26% (abatement savings 11.32%
    of $566.69)

Please direct your questions or comments to District 41 Director of Communications and Grants Julie Worthen at jworthen@d41.org. We ask that you do not reply directly to this email because such replies cannot be answered. Thank you!

There's the BitterBoy I've missed.

We don't have kids, shouldn't we get a break on the D41 taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post

We don't have kids, shouldn't we get a break on the D41 taxes?
    No kids here either. I always thought we should get tax breaks because of it. Well, at least I don't have to worry about paying for college.