Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Meeting 7/10/19

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Interesting agenda for the special meeting tomorrow:

I.Call to Order

II.Roll Call

III.Public Participation

IV.Adjourn to Closed SessionA.Section 2(c) 11 Litigation,when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the school board has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the school board finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting

V.Return to Open Session

VI.Action: Recovery of District Records

VII.Adjourn Meeting

-----

who had the records? Gordon? Clarkholz?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Interesting agenda for the special meeting tomorrow:

who had the records? Gordon? Clarkholz?
    Nelson.

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Wow. Mystery solved.

“On April 14, 2019, before her term as a board member ended on April 25, 2019, Stephanie Clark downloaded to her personal computer approximately 20,000 district email records spanning her four-year term on the board. When a District Technology Employee realized what was happening, the download route was closed...Confidential student and employee information and other records exempt from disclosure under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act were among the thousands of items downloaded to Ms. Clark‘s personal email address.”

https://youtu.be/zmz0QSVcXGI
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 07-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Popcorn just made, I'm ready.

And here I thought there was venom and disagreement in the Kavanaugh hearings...this back and forth between Clark/Bruno is an embarrassment

Atty General Madigan, while in office, made it clear that while FOIA limits allow the exemption of disclosure - they do not require or preclude disclosure.

Note the language of the statement, there is a lot if dancing around about D41 policy and procedures with warnings regarding specific disclosures.

I think she has an argument, and clearly as D41 board member had legal access and a D41 provided download pipe. You know, in order to download and retain records...

As Bruno might say, whistle blowers are heroes, Right?

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    I think she has an argument, and clearly as Board Chair had legal access and a D41 provided download pipe.

As Bruno might say, whistle blowers are heroes, Right?
    But...a week before leaving office?

And she’s going to blow the whistle on the Board she’s been leading as President?

And I thought I remember there being some problem with government officials, sensitive documents, and personal email accounts...is that bad?
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 07-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    And she’s going to blow the whistle on the Board she’s been leading as President...?
    Wait, she took the whistle too? Geez.

Perhaps she felt like she made too many compromises with the dark side, or just felt like retaining her records.

Either way, she downloaded precisely as provided for and by D41.

Where is the wrong in using a resource for its intended purpose?

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Perhaps she felt like she made too many compromises with the dark side, or just felt like retaining her records.

Either way, she downloaded precisely as provided for and by D41.

Where is the wrong in using a resource for its intended purpose?
    I’m sure it’s common practice among departing Board Members. Any departed Board Members like to confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you agree with me. She is not in violation.

Just watched the video and here's my summary:

A dumb decision made by Clark + current board response (lead by Bruno) seasoned by lingering personal feelings and disagreements = ~6 weeks of special closed summer board sessions and increased D41 lawyer fees

Also, i think i actually can see a thought bubble above the head new D41 superintendent that says "what have I gotten myself into"

If you listen in to the 10 minute mark or so, the truth of the matter comes out.

She was archiving her own emails that she wrote, the tool produced a much larger return than she understood, and she deleted the bulk file that day. She told Bruno this, and made assurances that no records were kept, shared or would be released.

It's just another Bruno political theater spectacle - something he's had a decades long record of producing.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    She told Bruno this, and made assurances that no records were kept, shared or would be released.

It's just another Bruno political theater spectacle - something he's had a decades long record of producing.
    tenor.jpg Uh huh......right....

If you listen in to the 10 minute mark or so, the truth of the matter comes out.

She was archiving her own emails that she wrote, the tool produced a much larger return than she understood, and she deleted the bulk file that day. She told Bruno this, and made assurances that no records were kept, shared or would be released.

Regardless. Emails sent to an elected official, regardless of the content, belong to that elected official, correct?