Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Meeting 7/10/19

Forum All Star
    Everything she did was fine. All of it done properly, above board and via the tool provided by D41 for this explicit purpose.

It was when Bruno denied her the legal right to counsel for her actions as an elected board member that he was able to use bullying, threats and intimidation to twist it into political theater as spectacle and created his "event".

Bruno is a dangerous person with his manipulations of power. Beware this man and his history.
    Last edited by jombl; 07-11-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Beware this man and his history.
    Beware Jombl who anonymously casts aspersions!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Everything she did was fine. All of it done properly, above board and via the tool provided by D41 for this explicit purpose.

It was when Bruno denied her the legal right to counsel for her actions as an elected board member that he was able to use bullying, threats and intimidation to twist it into political theater as spectacle and created his "event".

Bruno is a dangerous person with his manipulations of power. Beware this man and his history.
    You are likely correct.

Aside from the obvious . . . billing hours . . . I cannot imagine how or why Mr. Faulkner is getting sucked into this. Bruno is a total weirdo, IMO. Guessing the whole New Board/New Superintendent healing concept has been thrown aside.

A post was thrown up about this on a D41 FB page and all of those who know not a thing of how municipal stuff regarding elected officials in Illinois works are suitably shocked. Something the author of the post was likely hoping for. It will stun many that I have every email that was sent to my @glenellyn.org account when was a trustee. The village IT guy actually helped me download all of them and gave me access to the address for three months after the term was up. Shame on y'all for continuing to try and kick a decent woman, one who has never lied to me, in the crotch. You won. Things will get better. Given the last test score gift that the former super left us with, they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    It will stun many that I have every email that was sent to my @glenellyn.org account when was a trustee.
    A week's worth? Wow!

#halfbrick

Was a week, but felt like years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Was a week, but felt like years.

So - Having waded through the 1.25 hours of meeting stream, it appears that the main issue was that, although Stephanie had verbally stated she had deleted all the “accidentally” downloaded emails, she would not confirm so in writing. As the District’s goal is to keep non-FOIA-ble documents on District servers, they are taking Stephanie at her word that the massive download was accidental, and that she indeed deleted the items immediately, but want it in writing. Indeed, when the letter from her lawyer - which she requested be read into the record - said that the download was accidental and immediately deleted, the Board voted to take that as the written confirmation they needed. Bruce Currie voted against this.

What’s more, for the sake of transparency, the Board’s 4th motion was to vote to release the correspondence between the Board and Ms. Clark publicly to counter the characterization that she was being “attacked;” the motion passed - and it will be interesting to read the actual documents.

Mr. Currie and Mrs. D’Ambrosio were the only Board Members to vote against releasing the correspondence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    So - Having waded through the 1.25 hours of meeting stream, it appears that the main issue was that, although Stephanie had verbally stated she had deleted all the “accidentally” downloaded emails, she would not confirm so in writing. As the District’s goal is to keep non-FOIA-ble documents on District servers, they are taking Stephanie at her word that the massive download was accidental, and that she indeed deleted the items immediately, but want it in writing. Indeed, when the letter from her lawyer - which she requested be read into the record - said that the download was accidental and immediately deleted, the Board voted to take that as the written confirmation they needed. Bruce Currie voted against this.

What’s more, for the sake of transparency, the Board’s 4th motion was to vote to release the correspondence between the Board and Ms. Clark publicly to counter the characterization that she was being “attacked;” the motion passed - and it will be interesting to read the actual documents.

Mr. Currie and Mrs. D’Ambrosio were the only Board Members to vote against releasing the correspondence.
    Thanks Shu, but, is Bruno still dangerous? Should I keep my loved ones off the Prairie Path?

William Schumacher - I am going to post here exactly what I put on facebook since you posted in both places.

You are only telling one piece of the story in an attempt to shame me. Even the BOE said last night that I did nothing wrong yet you post this isolated quote.

This is not a surprising move from you as you have continued to try to publicly disparage me for months now. However, I am no longer on the board. According to Ted Estes at the meeting last night I don't even deserve legal representation for board related issues because I am no longer on the board. Yet, by your standards it's ok to spin only half of a story to publicly attack a mere civilian on a message board that is supposed to be a happy place for information, not slanderous comments and gossip. Also, I should mention that you have blocked some of the most vocal people on this page so they aren't able to see or comment on this.

The statement that you post is actually full of false allegations. I am attaching the letter from my attorney that was read last night at the board meeting. It explains the real story.

In short, I used a Google archival platform installed and supplied by District 41 for use by all School Board Members to attempt to copy and archive certain emails that I authored and received. When my attempt to archive this handful of emails resulted in an archived file containing far more than those I sought to copy, I immediately deleted the entire archive file and all of its contents.

How horribly this was handled from there is all in the hands of Bob Bruno and the BOE. The board also failed to mention that this matter that was supposedly of utmost urgency was cast to the side for 2 1/2 weeks after the district was made aware of it, just to give enough time for me to leave the Board and Bob Bruno to become President. From there, I was never asked what happened. I was informed via a letter that started with the threat of legal action. I tried to resolve this matter with the district is a professional manner, but their latest email threatened legal action and making the community aware of this at a live-streamed meeting.

To quote Bob Bruno from June 28 letter: "The Board expects to hold a special meeting in the evening on July 10. If the email issues are not resolved by that meeting through a document signed by you and me, you should expect that a detailed explanation of this issue will be given in open session, followed by action to demand the return and/or evidenced destruction of the records, initiate the steps for legal action against you and deny your request for legal defense or reimbursement in this matter. You will not be provided legal defense or reimbursement pending formal action by the Board. "

In a subsequent email on July 1 where Mr. Bruno refused my request to delay the July 10 meeting to allow more time to resolve:
    " ...please note, we will be live streaming the meeting." I'll attach all of the emails for reference.

Clearly, I didn't have an issue with the community knowing about the matter as my attorney asked for the attached letter to be read at the meeting.

Board members Bruno, Loebach, Buttimer, Hill and Estes should be ashamed for how they have justified their actions and continue to blame me for how terribly they handled this. This board should be more concerned about the downward spiral in our achievement that Dr. Gordon tried to hide and the mass exodus of our special education staff in a program that I fear is falling apart. I will not be bullied into being quiet about my concerns in these areas.

I would have commented on this much sooner, but I was just made aware of the post and I'm busy trying to get ready for vacation with my family.

I am having issues getting a clear post of the letter...working on it.
    Last edited by Stephanie Clark; 07-11-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Last edited by Stephanie Clark; 07-11-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Clark View Post
    ...a message board that is supposed to be a happy place for information, not slanderous comments and gossip.
    Post of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Post of the year
    Oops.. That was directed at Bob Kelleher's Glen Ellyn School's facebook page as he prides himself on that. I just copied my facebook post. Sorry rushing. I'm sure Clamato would love to say that about the forum....probably not gonna happen.

BTW - I can't get the letter posted. It's too large. I'm working on it.

How long has this board been seated? 3 months? By my account they have-

1. Quietly given an outgoing sup a $9,000 bonus. With 5 members not giving a public explanation.

2. Ignored falling and failing elementary test scores.

3. Made questionable directives for special ed.

4. Gone on a which hunt against Ms. Clark.

By all accounts, the BOE lawyered up first. (Ironically with the same lawyer who was in charge at the time of Ms. Clark’s mistake). July 10’s meeting illustrates how misdirected this current board is.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    I’m sure it’s common practice among departing Board Members. Any departed Board Members like to confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I was on the board the District was just starting to flirt with setting up email accounts (not just email addresses which already existed) for board members. As for me, any district emails were sent to a personal account I already had. The dansmith@D41.org (or whatever it was) was autoforwarded by the district to my personal account. I don't recall any request when I finished my term for me to "return" district emails or destroy them in anyway. Maybe Bob or Sam may have a different recollection. When I moved, I stopped using that account since it was tied to a local provider so I don't have access to them anymore.

The board probably should have some sort of policy if they feel the existing ones do not cover their issue. Usually, the only worrisome information is from Closed sessions. The board already has a policy in place and if a board member wants to review a closed session tape, they have to sign a form with this info:

For requesting Board member: (Read the following and sign below.)While the Open Meetings Act does not provide a cause of action against me or the Board for disclosing closed session discussions (Swanson v. Board of Police Commissioners, 555 N.E. 2d 35 (1990)), I acknowledge and understand that any disclosures by me of information in the verbatim recordings could subject me to a possible civil action alleging that I created harm to another, i.e., an intentional tort(s).
    Dan Smith, Jr.

In viewing the video and now reading the responses of those directly involved, it sure seems like this could have been handled behind the scenes.