Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Special Meeting 7/10/19

Forum All Star
    The first email is from Bruno informing Clark to read his next email. The second is a formal demand letter prepared by an attorney and sent with the letterhead and signature of D41 Board Chairman Bruno in his official capacity.

Bruno's attempt was pure threat, bullying and intimidation. It also makes clear that this entire affair is limited to her personal email as board member:

it has come to my attention that you downloaded most, if not all, electronic communications between you and district employees, board members and others during your years on the board.
    Bruno's whole ploy is nonsense. Everyone on Earth supports the right of elected officials to keep their email. I doubt he ever expected anyone to consider his actions beyond the headline he wrote for it. Bruno's abuse of his office is obscene.

William, why do you follow and do the bidding so diligently for a man fired as a high school teacher for lack of character and poor professionalism? And what of the incident with a black student that Bruno had? Are you not in the least bit wary of what you're involved as a leader in?
    Last edited by jombl; 07-13-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Might I take the opportunity to note that, as they had promised, the Board has linked to their correspondence on the D41 Board Page? It’s interesting.

Definitely read the Attorney Letter TO the Board that Stephanie posted FIRST; it sets expectations of a certain level of antagonistic discourse that, well, never materialize. But don’t take my word for it. Some people will always find The Pope in the pizza...

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/Publ...spx?smk=111853
    Yes, definitely read the letters. What it shows is:

1 - I tried to address the issue in a professional manner.

I was taking it seriously though because no one from D41 had a conversation with me before they threatened legal counsel. I wasn’t going to sign anything without legal consultation on my part. This is a stark contrast to how I’ve seen confidentiality issues in the district addressed. Just this past year we had an issue with the board, emails and student confidentiality. It was handled swiftly but all parties were immediately involved in a discussion to resolve, not told via an email that they did something wrong. I had several conversations with Paul Gordon over the course of the 2 1/2 weeks between when the issue was discovered and I received the letter. He said not a word about it. So from the start I knew this wasn’t about confidentiality.

2 - The ask of me continually changed:
    - I was told to wait.
    - I was told to delete or turn in emails. I had nothing to delete or turn in. And policy committee would also be addressing issue.
    - I was told to sign a letter saying I destroyed or turned in all confidential documents that I might have in my hands from my four years on the board in addition to the download. Anyone who has served on a board knows how ridiculous this one was.
    - I was told to sign a letter saying I destroyed downloads only and the board would address all other confidential documents later.

The timeline of events:

May 1 - Bruno didn’t contact me until 2 1/2 weeks after they discovered the email download issue. No one contacted me before this. As I said above, I had several conversations with Paul Gordon in those 2 1/2 weeks and he said nothing. Bruno made it clear legal counsel had already been consulted.

May 8 - Bruno texts me to talk about the matter. Since I knew lawyers were already involved I responded via email asking for it to be in writing.

June 12 - I receive a letter that Bruno sends via mail threatening legal action against me if I don’t sign letter by June 14 saying I destroyed all confidential documents I’ve ever had in my possession.

June 14 - I email back asking about my legal representation. I never received a response to this email.

June 18 - I email asking for a meeting with Bruno and Faulkner.

June 26 7:15am - Per my request, I met with Bruno and Faulkner in hopes of resolving. You can see my June 28 email for thoughts on that meeting. I foolishly walked out of there thinking we would work together to resolve.

June 26 5pm - Bruno sent me a letter and asked for it to be signed by 1pm the next day or said the district would be holding a special meeting that day to take action against me. If I signed they would cancel the meeting.

June 27 - I respond with all of my issues about the letter and outcome of meeting.

June 28 - I was sent another email with an ultimatum to sign the letter or be warned there was a meeting on July 10 where the Board would make the issue public and it would be live streamed. Also the board planned to take legal against me and to vote to deny me legal counsel.

June 29 - I responded to that letter asking for the meeting to be delayed so that I could prepare a response since I would be on vacation and unable to attend to the matter until July 8 at the earliest. Since I had already informed Faulkner and Bruno the download was destroyed it wasn’t a pressing matter.

July 1 - Bruno reply’s that he can’t delay but he’ll ask the board. I’m not aware that he ever did. If he did, they didn’t agree to it. Also again makes his threat of a live streamed meeting where the board plans to take legal action.

Here’s the link to my attorney’s response to all of this: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/Publ...spx?smk=111854

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    William, why do you follow and do the bidding so diligently for a man fired as a high school teacher for lack of character and poor professionalism? And what of the incident with a black student that Bruno had? Are you not in the least bit wary of what you're involved as a leader in?
    You make me laugh, Funny Man, you do...

Clearly, as a “Leader,” I don’t do anyone’s “Bidding...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 07-13-2019 at 08:23 AM.

As Stephanie’s summary tends to leave out certain bits, please do simply read for yourselves.

Forum All Star
    You make me laugh, Funny Man, you do...

Clearly, as a “Leader,” I don’t do anyone’s “Bidding...”
    Generals have lieutenants. Lieutenants are leaders. Lieutenants do the bidding of their generals.

Reading is comprehension.

But again, back to the question. Why do you follow and work so diligently to support and advance the interests of a man fired as a high school teacher for lack of character and poor professionalism? And what of the incident with a black student that Bruno had? Are you not in the least bit wary of who you're involved with?

Last edited by jombl; 07-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.

As Stephanie’s summary tends to leave out certain bits, please do simply read for yourselves.

I did. And I support Jombl’s interpretation.

Special Meeting 7/10/19

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Generals have lieutenants. Lieutenants are leaders. Lieutenants do the bidding of their generals.
    Ok - If you accept that logic, Lt. Jombl, it follows that you were ordered to say that by General Clark, as clearly no one does anything of their free will. Do you get your attack orders via email or text?

And to apply your analogy further, I have to ask: Does that make Bruno a General or a Lieutenant? As Ms. Clark will confirm, the Board President acts as the mouthpiece for the Board’s will, and the correspondence posted in no way suggests that he is “going rogue” and acting independently. Indeed, the Board’s July 10th Meeting live stream shows that there has been much discussion between the Board Members about the perceived problem and solution (In that meeting’s closed session, and in many closed sessions prior), and clearly shows that the majority of the Board agree on how to proceed.

Should the Board President be held accountable for the beliefs of the Board? Can they solely take credit for our schools’ accomplishments, or do they share those honors with the rest of the Board as well? Do you hold the one individual responsible for what transpires in our schools under their tenure? Please think carefully about this one.
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 07-14-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    +1

Based on this behavior - she probably has more reason than ever to retain a personal copy of every flipping email she ever received or wrote in her capacity as a board member.

Agree with mamattorney here.

Wm. Schumacher please stop implying that you know more about this situation than Ms. Clark. She has defended herself graciously more than necessary both here and on FB. We can all read the documents. If you can’t accept her explanation that’s your prerogative, but stop the harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    ... but stop the harassment.
    I was harassing Jombl, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    As do I.

Look, I am not certain what your agenda continues to be, Bill. But your side won. Time to move on. You seem . . . . . . a tad obsessed. If we were in seventh grade, I would think you were sweet on the former president. What's next, pulling her pigtails?

Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    As do I.

Look, I am not certain what your agenda continues to be, Bill. But your side won. Time to move on. You seem . . . . . . a tad obsessed. If we were in seventh grade, I would think you were sweet on the former president. What's next, pulling her pigtails?
    If we were in seventh grade, "we" wouldn't be posting at the Glen Ellyn Forum.

Clamato, shouldn't you be at Jazz Fest showing your moves?

My shift ended at 4. Really great event, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    My shift ended at 4. Really great event, BTW.
    You're a good man. Missing the event, hope weather holds out for them, lot of GREAT people involved with the production of that there fest.