Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crime on the Prairie Path

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I think the point that this friend was making that by not publishing that there are more crimes then are reported could put users at risk. It would be beneficial to know where the crimes occur, what time of day and the type of crime.
    Been on this bandwagon for 26 years, agree 1,000%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Been on this bandwagon for 26 years, agree 1,000%.
    Post...I lied, 21 years

http://glenellynforum.com/showthread...ll=1#post37790

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Paul, assuming we actually lived in a society in which off-duty police were prohibited (which they are not) from directing church traffic, movie set security, bar bouncing, body guarding visiting celebrities or professional post 9/11 large event defense ....

... why in this case, as noted above, would we want to deny the community the numerous, very real and tangible benefits to our security here in Glen Ellyn produced by this notably useful and relevant experiance?
    Looking at the video I don't see any benefits that the residents of Glen Ellyn receive from this activity. Obviously Chief Norton gets some financial remuneration. But I don't see any benefit for the residents of Glen Ellyn.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Why would we not pay for something that so fully benefits us so directly?
    I guarantee you the Village employee disability insurer would see it differently.....

RE: Cliche's question.

If the Chief were injured in this melee, the payment for his medical would come from worker's comp - but not GE's workers comp unless he was there as the Chief of Glen Ellyn (maybe some kind of seconded training program for large event security - doubtful). So if he was there "moonlighting" as White Sox security, then their workers comp (or their security subcontractor's worker's comp -whoever hired him) would pay. If he was operating as a "1099" or independent contractor, then he'd be covering it himself (or, if he actually bought his own policy, it would pay, although 1099's never buy their own policies).

Now, if he was so badly injured that he couldn't perform his GE Chief duties, he'd have to go on leave, under whatever policies the GEPD has for that. After burning through his personal time off, he'd go on disability, assuming they have some kind of disability coverage. In that sense, its basically the same as if he had blown out a knee playing platform tennis. The only thing that would prevent all that is if he did have a restrictive contract with the GEPD. I'd guess he doesn't since cops have been moonlighting in potentially dangerous occupations since antiquity.

So in a sense "we pay" by him invoking paid medical/personal leave, or disability coverage, etc. But we don't pay directly. And the only way to avoid it is to write a restrictive contract.

RE: Cliche's beef - i've never gotten the impression it's personal. He has always complained about the GEPD's poor communication to the public.

Appreciate the insights and information Middle, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Our goal will continue to offer the VoGE a safe, fun, informative, and entertaining site to read about upcoming events, restaurant reviews, retail experiences, respectful discussions of local politics and the figures who make up the local political scene, school and district goings on, etc., etc., etc. If you're on board, welcome.
    #goals

. . . great respect for him and the force and what they provide, every day.
    If "great respect" includes ripping the **** out of them at every opportunity, be it their communication skills or the way they enforce parking, etc., then we have the same definition of "great respect."

Also, we live in a town of broadcasters. If there were things happening on the PP in Lombard, Glen Ellyn, or Wheaton . . . despite Phil Norton and his staff's best attempts to bury them . . . you would hear about it. We hear about everything. Whether through official channels or unofficial channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Clamato wrote-"Why the PP would be singled out as a den of iniquity is puzzling."

As you know, myself and a number of female friends . . .
    There are few occasions where one may refer to his or herself as "myself." This is not one of them.

And why you makin' it sound like you all out runnin' with the ladies like you're some sort of player? Every time I see you, it's dude, dude, dude, lady, dude, lady, dude. Of course, I could never keep up with you, so . . . you have that going for you.

If "great respect" includes ripping the **** out of them at every opportunity be it online or off, be it their communication skills or the way they enforce parking, etc., then we have the same definition of "great respect."

Also, we live in a town of broadcasters. If there were things happening on the PP in Lombard, Glen Ellyn, or Wheaton . . . despite Phil Norton and his staff's best attempts to bury them . . . you would hear about it. We hear about everything. Whether through official channels or unofficial channels.
    Yes, I often comment...in this case someone else had an issue on their lack of communication skills and started a thread and commented. Attack them in the same way you are attacking me here. Numerous people are in agreement on the topic...I've posted positive GEPD stories as well as critical. That you take it SO personally is your issue, not mine.

Respect is earned.
    Last edited by Cliché; 07-10-2019 at 10:14 AM.

If "great respect" includes ripping the **** out of them at every opportunity be it online or off, be it their communication skills or the way they enforce parking, etc., then we have the same definition of "great respect."

Easier to "portray me in another light rather than quote me I guess, here is a flashback from '17...

Please do not confuse what I said, there are good, bad and "meh" stories that go uncommunicated, and the job performance of the GEPD and GEVFC is admirable. I am also not insinuating that anything is being "covered up" or that this is "dirty laundry."

What I am saying, and have said for 20 plus years that also covered previous administrations, and have met in person about, and discussed on the phone, and emailed and sent letters via certified mail about, IS...that the GEPD has done, and continues to do, an absolutely horrendous and horrible job of informing the public. From dead bodies at Ackerman, to sexual assaults on the Prairie Path (I know of at least 4 instances where that news was NEVER released to the public), to neighbor break-ins, to kidnappings at gunpoint.

If "great respect" includes ripping the **** out of them at every opportunity...

Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate green beans.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate corn.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate carrots.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate peas.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate squash.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate onions.
    Little Johnny: Mom, I'm not eating this...I hate lettuce.

Mom's take: Johnny hates vegetables.

Clamato's take: Johnny hates his mom.

I have listened to you for months telling me how much my product "beyond sucks" (repeatedly in a taunting manner which frightened me), how much it is the worst thing on the internet, how much much you are thrilled to be leaving it . . . yet here you are. Again. Every day. Simply can't get off the pipe.

I have done a much better job of staying away from this site . . . and I own half of it. It's like crack to so many. Or at least ten of us.

We are the same person when it comes to internetting. Here is where I pull back the curtain and let everyone see into the former me's mind. I have never asked a question on this site about the village, the school district, public works, any aspect of life in GE, that I did not know the answer to in order to bring that subject to light and make it a topic of conversation. The inclusion of the Sox video was just that. It was absolutely not germane to anything that had been posted prior, yet you worked it in. And the conversation went from a snoozy crime on the PP track to what you must have known would be trying to put my dear friend into a position of having to defend his legal and allowed part-time avocation.

I'm onto to you, Cliche, for you are me.

BTW, I agree with you. My forum is beyond sucking. And I need volunteers for the Tour of Lake Ellyn next weekend. Be a dear and sign up for a shift or two, please.

I have listened to you for months telling me how much my product "beyond sucks" (repeatedly in a taunting manner which frightened me).
    OK. Examples of these "taunts" you can share? PMs you could provide? You have my permission to post? My issue is that change was promised and never came...and IMHO, it made this Forum worse after change did not come as promised.

I. . . yet here you are. Again. Every day. Simply can't get off the pipe.
    Before I posted a reply to Yoss' PP thread on July 8th, my previous post was on June 11th...so yeah, once a month, or as you would say, every day.

http://glenellynforum.com/search.php...650&pp=&page=2

I'm onto to you, Cliche, for you are me.
    Busted. Can't believe you uncovered my plan to hire 8 actors, buy tickets for section 109 to the Saturday Crosstown game, stage a fight in which a person you know was working there as security, film it, post it to the internet, have Chicago news stations pick it up, post it here with a question, knowing you and others would draw attention to it by making it into something other than what it was. Guilty.

The inclusion of the Sox video was just that. It was absolutely not germane to anything that had been posted prior, yet you worked it in. And the conversation went from a snoozy crime on the PP track to what you must have known would be trying to put my dear friend into a position of having to defend his legal and allowed part-time avocation.
    The video and word of it was all over the place, CBS news, Facebook, etc. I included as a humorous follow up. The question I posted the next day originally came up in a group discussion the night previous with friends. Watching the video, and knowing the facts, I think the question is a fair question. So yes, not germane to the topic per se, would you rather I had opened a completely new thread to call attention to it? Go back and read the thread, my exact words, I did not make it about any on person, you and others did that ...in fact, I tried numerous times to redirect it. I made no comment on anything other than asking how time off would work if someone were injured, the question prompted by the video, yes. Had it been a video of a Public Works employee crashing into a telephone pole while delivering pizzas for Barone's...I would have posted it.

Snoozy crimes? Didn't know there are different crime levels, did the victims think they were snoozy?

And I need volunteers for the Tour of Lake Ellyn next weekend. Be a dear and sign up for a shift or two, please.
    Would love to assist, really I would, but I am out of town. Good luck with the event, and as I've publicly stated numerous times here, you are an awesome individual for what you have done for the community with this event.

As another would have said, peace!

There are few occasions where one may refer to his or herself as "myself." This is not one of them.

And why you makin' it sound like you all out runnin' with the ladies like you're some sort of player? Every time I see you, it's dude, dude, dude, lady, dude, lady, dude. Of course, I could never keep up with you, so . . . you have that going for you.
    Sure, crush my persona as a Path Playa'.