Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime on the Prairie Path

Crime on the Prairie Path

A friend shared with me that crimes occurring on the Prairie Path are very under reported. Be careful on the PP and be aware of your surroundings. If you do encounter a crime, report to the police and make sure you ask the officer to provide you the number of the police report.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A friend shared with me that crimes occurring on the Prairie Path are very under reported. Be careful on the PP and be aware of your surroundings. If you do encounter a crime, report to the police and make sure you ask the officer to provide you the number of the police report.
    Thank you for posting Yoss. To clarify, ALL crime occurring in Glen Ellyn is very under reported. By design.

While on the subject, find it shameful that when issuing press reports, the GEPD finds it necessary to editorialize by bolding to emphasize "unlocked" to victim blame. The crime occurs whether the victim is irresponsible or not. Translation..."Yes, this crime occurred in Glen Ellyn but it's not our fault, it the resident's fault."

Can’t help but wonder how many of the crimes are committed by folks claiming the 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton as their address. This is not just a GE problem, but a DuPage county issue
    Last edited by Yossarian; 07-07-2019 at 10:14 AM.

It will be interesting if we see any Glen Ellyn police presence on the Path this week, didn't see any over the weekend, but I think they were busy with other things.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dawhite67...251263488?s=12

A few years back, I used to see officers patrolling the PP on bicycle on a regular basis. I think they were county sheriff's, but I would say it's been at least 3 years since I've seen law enforcement on the PP or GWT.

A few years back, I used to see officers patrolling the PP on bicycle on a regular basis. I think they were county sheriff's, but I would say it's been at least 3 years since I've seen law enforcement on the PP or GWT.
    I'm sure others will opine, but yes, I think the DuPage Sheriff's primarily are responsible and patrol...I've seen bike officers (10 years ago) and ATVs before on PP
    Last edited by Cliché; 07-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Breaking news, ESPN Chicago reporting that the woman kicking Phil Norton there has been signed by the Bears.

Typical Cubs fan at a white sox game...causing trouble....

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Typical Cubs fan at a white sox game...causing trouble....
    I think it is the pressure of being in first place and not having won a series since they swept the lowly Cardinals.

pfft....if you think this division won't change leaders multiple times this season you are mistaken....we will see in October!

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    pfft....if you think this division won't change leaders multiple times this season you are mistaken....we will see in October!
    Didn't comment about the division, the division sucks including the Cubs.

It seems that the media reporting of Prairie Path crime has been pretty quiet for a while now, but there isn't much left of our local-to-Glen Ellyn media. I just went to the Patch and Suburban Life sites for Glen Ellyn, and both are even more stripped down than they were a short time ago.

It would have to be a fairly shocking or horrific crime to make the Chicago news.

I've been a regular user of the path for a number of years now. Never seen any evidence of any crime there. Nor much evidence of any government activity there either. Path is poorly maintained if maintained at all. Trail isn't groomed or maintained at all. Drainage is terrible . The only organization that seems to do anything on the path is ComEd who comes by every so often to trim the top of the trees so that power lines don't go down. While this keeps power going the trucks damage the path and little is done to repair it. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to bring a Machete to the path to cut some of the brush away. Compare that to the 606 or Lake Shore Drive or even the Fox River Trail in Aurora and see that we're far behind some other areas.

If you read anything about the 606 trail in Chicago you see that it's a big plus to people who live near it. Property values and business activity all increased along the 606 area.

Illinois is going to spend 250M so that people can take the train to Rockford from Chicago. Be willing to bet that even as bad the Prairie Path is more people will use it on any day then will take the train to Rockford. But getting certain politicians re-elected is more important than efficient spending of tax payer dollars.

Been using the path regularly for the last 5 years. The worst I’ve seen - bums drinking, kids smoking dope, a dog left chained to a tree, motorized bicyclists doing about 20-25 mph, and a runner urinating. For as much use as it gets, I too expect it be better maintained. Not sure about the machete idea.