Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Crime on the Prairie Path

To be clear, none of my comments are meant to be taken as anything but performance art. As I get older, the pressure that I once laughed off has become less laughable and I lash out at those who I should not. You are not my problem, simply my target for the day. Inappropriately so. Accept my apologies, if you will, and stay in town to sign up for a shift or two for the Tour of Lake Ellyn event at beautiful Lake Ellyn Park on Saturday, July 20th from 9:30 AM till 8:30 PM.

And don't forget to attend the free Family Fun Ride at 3:00 PM. Great fun for the whole family. Sign up at The Bike Hub, GE Park District site, or on the day of the event.

And, Cliche, no day would be complete without a visit to the TOLE Beer Garden on the deck of the Lake Ellyn Boathouse from Noon until 9 PM. Enjoy a fabulous selection of beers served by your friends at The Beer Cellar as you watch the action make its way around the lake.

For more information, I encourage you to visit www.touroflakeellyn.com and www.intelligentsiacup.com

And I know damn well you didn't take the "repeatedly in a taunting manner" line seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    To be clear, none of my comments are meant to be taken as anything but performance art. As I get older, the pressure that I once laughed off has become less laughable and I lash out at those who I should not. You are not my problem, simply my target for the day. Inappropriately so. Accept my apologies, if you will, and stay in town to sign up for a shift or two for the Tour of Lake Ellyn event at beautiful Lake Ellyn Park on Saturday, July 20th from 9:30 AM till 8:30 PM.

And don't forget to attend the free Family Fun Ride at 3:00 PM. Great fun for the whole family. Sign up at The Bike Hub, GE Park District site, or on the day of the event.

And, Cliche, no day would be complete without a visit to the TOLE Beer Garden on the deck of the Lake Ellyn Boathouse from Noon until 9 PM. Enjoy a fabulous selection of beers served by your friends at The Beer Cellar as you watch the action make its way around the lake.

For more information, I encourage you to visit www.touroflakeellyn.com and www.intelligentsiacup.com
    No apology necessary, I would have probably written your words if the roles were reversed. Why do you think I try to only post once a month now?

Great luck with the event, you are a Saint for all you do. I'll toast to you and the race from Mumford Brewing Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    And I know damn well you didn't take the "repeatedly in a taunting manner" line seriously.

I did. I just don't know "who" you are any more man.

Quote Originally Posted by paul kuhn View Post
    Kind of see your point. Don't see how GE benefits from this especially like you wonder what happens if he gets hurt. As Chief, he's more of a manager so don't see how him getting down in the mud helps. I'm assuming he got permission from the Village President to do this
    College of Dupage used to have a policy that an employee had to ask permission and get approval to work another part-time job, they had to change that policy a couple of years ago to be compliant with the laws that protect workers in a right to work state, and you have to be consistent with everyone.
    IE teachers can work for another job in the summer or on weekends, so you can't penalize some employees and not others. I imagine the chief is well within his rights to work a part-time job on his time off. It's really very common. Many of the current full-time COD police staff are former retired officers and they all work part-time gigs for me at the MAC on their time off.