Thread: Country Music Concert

Country Music Concert

So....didn't hear about this until it was over.....does it not get the same ad space as the Jazz fest? How was it?

Concert

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    So....didn't hear about this until it was over.....does it not get the same ad space as the Jazz fest? How was it?

Concert
    A friend of mine went, stated it was OK, she didn't see a whole lot of people attending. It was supposed to rain that night so that may have had an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A friend of mine went, stated it was OK, she didn't see a whole lot of people attending. It was supposed to rain that night so that may have had an impact.
    It was a little rainy. Walked into town to grab a beer and saw the crowd. Not a bad turnout, but the weather was not a big selling point. Turned around and went home when I realized it was a genre of music that I do not really like all that much. Had a beer on my porch. Alone. By myself. And cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Had a beer on my porch. Alone. By myself. And cried.
    Sounds like the lyrics to a country song...are you sure you weren't performing?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0328.jpgIMG_0327.jpg

Gee, guess she was wrong or was there at a different time. I will most certainly chastise her for spreading disinformation. I'll bet she supports the APEX project too!

That looks like a real Hoot a Nanny!

Hey Everyone! It is Carol White, Executive Director of the Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn. Sounds like you all need to subscribe to the Shopper's Newsletter. It is on our website, www.downtownglenellyn.com. Sign up and get an email from me, once a month, and read all about what's happening in your Downtown! Also you could read the electronic message board if you are driving through town. Our posters are also on the 2 kiosks in town and there were around 80 posters in different businesses in Downtown as well. We have a Facebook page, Downtown Glen Ellyn, so it is another resource. We did go through over 1000 wristbands (for 21 year olds that were drinking) and the band ended up playing until the end.

I am excited that you are in the know about Jazz Up Glen Ellyn. Please visit www.jazzupglenellyn.com and volunteer for a 2 hour shift. Jim B. is one of our faithful volunteers, along with Chip Miller and we welcome you as well - no matter what town you are from. We are only as strong as neighbors. Thanks everyone! Carol

Gee, guess she was wrong or was there at a different time. I will most certainly chastise her for spreading disinformation. I'll bet she supports the APEX project too!

That looks like a real Hoot a Nanny!
    #fakenews

Can't believe we haven't learned our lesson in counting crowds since 45's inauguration.