Thread: Another development lawsuit @ Prospect?

Another development lawsuit @ Prospect?

It looks like the developer of the cityscape proposed at Prospect has been walking over the neighbors.

I think there may be multiple groups just abutting this project with lawyers now.

I wonder if they'll pool their interests as the steamroll moves inevitably forward.
    Last edited by jombl; 06-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.

I didn't know there was an active project there....

Massive edifice. With limited parking.

Apparently, with absolutely no evidence that this is occurring anywhere in Glen Ellyn, the Village thinks people have suddenly stopped driving in the suburbs. Perhaps it's because of the frequent cheap busses to Jewel?

So now the city of Glen Ellyn is looking to grant this city plan a variance so they don't have to put in adequate parking. Nice benefit for the builder as he vastly increases his per square foot profit by not having to pay for required parking. And this is on top of $2M taxpayers get to donate to the developer.
    Last edited by jombl; 06-11-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Where is the information on the lawsuit?

There are several entities now employing land use attorneys. My title query simply questions whether these will develop into a lawsuit, quote, "Another development lawsuit @ Prospect?"

It is a pertinent question as there are clearly significant issues, and a neighbor group estimated at 50 people actively opposed to the proposed excesses already.

The out of town litigator that beat Glen Ellyn in the 5 Corners Gas Station lawsuit is now advising the Village indirectly as the Prospect developer's counsel against the neighbors.

I guess the 2 Million dollars from the city coffers we're gifting the developer will go a long way towards winning any lawsuit against the pesky little people that pay those tax dollars.

Apparently a $2M fungible gift to the developer is better optics than having the city hire this litigator directly.
    Last edited by jombl; 06-13-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    The out of town litigator that beat Glen Ellyn in the 5 Corners Gas Station lawsuit is now advising the Village indirectly as the Prospect developer's counsel against the neighbors.

I guess the 2 Million dollars from the city coffers we're gifting the developer will go a long way towards winning any lawsuit against the pesky little people that pay those tax dollars.

Apparently a $2M fungible gift to the developer is better optics than having the city hire this litigator directly.
    It seems to me like we need Village leadership who doesn't want to cram cookie cutter wood-frame 4-5 story apartment buildings downtown. Clearly the people of Glen Ellyn don't want these things mucking up the place.

Why America's New Apartment Buildings All Look the Same

Isn't the lawyer representing the Save Main folks the same one from the 5 corners lawsuit? is he playing both sides now?

So now the city of Glen Ellyn is looking to grant this city plan a variance so they don't have to put in adequate parking. Nice benefit for the builder as he vastly increases his per square foot profit by not having to pay for required parking. And this is on top of $2M taxpayers get to donate to the developer.
    And that's only one of the nine deviations from Code that they're asking for approval on.

http://www.glenellyn.org/DocumentCen...-Public-Notice

Seems like the other requested deviations are about cramming as much building into the space as possible.
    Last edited by Minnesoter; 06-13-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Isn't the lawyer representing the Save Main folks the same one from the 5 corners lawsuit? is he playing both sides now?
    Yes, Shapiro is.

Personally I'd be rather uncomfortable if my litigator was also teaching an equal project how to get forced through.

No doubt the Prospect developer is coaching the City on how beat the neighbors - and no doubt as well, the City will learn and that education will be turned against Save Main.
    Last edited by jombl; 06-13-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Those are some significant setback deviations. Thumbs down.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    With limited parking.
    Hopefully everyone involved understands that street parking is really not allowed in GE.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Hopefully everyone involved understands that street parking is really not allowed in GE.
    Except on Taft Avenue, between Park Boulevard and Nicholl Way.

Curious about the limited parking thoughts. Where did they come from? I thought the residents had an underground lot and there was a surface lot for visitors, etc. Is that not right?

Just looked. 48 apartments and 82 total spots inside and out.

" . . . . on average, multi-family residential developments offer 1.4 parking spaces per unit." Source: Some study about suburban Chicago apartment parking