Thread: pension bump rollback

pension bump rollback

How much did Pritzker get from the IEA?

Pritzker budget lifts cap on pension spiking

State lawmakers capped end-of-career salary spikes to 6% per year in 2005. School districts were still free to hike salaries by whatever amount they chose, but increases above 6% annually meant local taxpayers would have to make extra contributions into TRS, rather than the state.

That’s why lawmakers in the fiscal year 2019 budget cut the cap in half to 3%.

But with Pritzker’s signature, lawmakers’ current budget proposal will spring that cap back to 6%.

Some claim pension spiking is an important tool to attract teachers to Illinois. The Illinois Education Association, or IEA, went as far as stating in a press release that returning the pension spiking cap to 6% would “save the teaching profession.”

Pritzker financed his own campaign which meant that IEA money was used to help down ballot candidates like Terra Costa Howard. So, don't look for pension reform or property tax relief ever in Illinois .

The tribune today had an article on pork spending with the latest budget out of Springfield. I kept waiting to read about what Glen Ellyn and Lombard were getting for TCH’s vote on the tax bill. Didn’t read about anything. I hope we’re at least getting something in exchange for getting screwed on the tax bill.

I wouldn't count on very much from TCH. I'm a frequent rider on the Prairie Path which has seen little or no improvement over the years. So I asked her if there was a possibility of getting some work done on path. Large parts of the path aren't usable a good part of the year. It's muddy in the spring and large parts of the fall. Her response was that it was a County issue and the state could do nothing for it. Funny I thought it was part of the State of Illinois.

One thing you could say about the Cook County Democratic Party when you called your Alderman or Precinct captain they at least pretended to be interested.

Fairly certain that the Prairie Path is maintained by the Illinois Prairie Path not-for-profit Corp.

http://www.ipp.org/about-the-trail/

According to TCH it is a county responsibility. Plenty of non-profits in Illinois get taxpayer funding. Look at the the 45B in Pork our legislators have passed this year. So the its maintained by a non-profit doesn't fly as an excuse.

http://www.ipp.org/history/

Today, the IPP is maintained by productive public and private partnerships (1986-present).

Segments of the Path are maintained by DuPage County, Kane County Forest Preserve District, Fox Valley Park District, Elmhurst Park District, Wheaton Park District, Villa Park, Glen Ellyn, Warrenville, Berkeley, Hillside, Lombard, Maywood, with support from the volunteer board of the Illinois Prairie Path (IPPc). Once the Illinois Prairie Path was developed, it became the hub for the regional development of greenways.

According to the Sun Times every legislator was asked to come up with between 2.5M to 3M . State Senators 5M to 6M.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...rogram-madigan

If you look at the list here plenty of these are non-profits or Private Universities

I guess TCH had other priorities? Sounds like you'd make a good volunteer for the IPP.

Since there hasn't been any announcements on what was on TCH wish list no way of knowing or if they got approved. She did get herself a nice 1600.00 pay raise not bad for a part time job.

Reading some of your posts . Sounds like you would be a good volunteer for the library or street plowing maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    I guess TCH had other priorities? Sounds like you'd make a good volunteer for the IPP.
    Any idea what those were? Trying to figure out what priorities may have actually had a positive impact on Glen Ellyn.

Handing Illinois House members $3M and state Senators $6M to spend as they please is never a priority.

The state can't pay its bills, and now the Democrats pig out on buying personal shiny things to picture in their future re-election ads?

Madness.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by paul kuhn View Post
    I wouldn't count on very much from TCH. I'm a frequent rider on the Prairie Path which has seen little or no improvement over the years. So I asked her if there was a possibility of getting some work done on path. Large parts of the path aren't usable a good part of the year. It's muddy in the spring and large parts of the fall. Her response was that it was a County issue and the state could do nothing for it. Funny I thought it was part of the State of Illinois.

One thing you could say about the Cook County Democratic Party when you called your Alderman or Precinct captain they at least pretended to be interested.
    In May I worked with the DuPage Department of Transportation who have since been out working on the Prairie Path. I was told that conditions were particularly bad after the winter when several times trucks were on the path to remove large branches. I live right next to the path and use it often. If you want to contact me about a specific area I can be reached at Mary.ozog@dupageco.org. Thanks! --Mary Ozog, DuPage County Board District 4
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

So I did email you and got no response back. You had no trouble having tax payers pick up the teacher contributions for D87. But that helped you get elected to the County Board. You can never be to cynical about Illinois Politics .

Forum Regular
    Please check your email for my response to your recent email about the Prairie Path. Thank you.