Thread: Monday night 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing

blank post?

guessing you are referring to the admin cap waive? I have never heard of this but supposedly this law has been in place for 20 years. From the law:
    For the 1998-99 school year and each school year thereafter, each school district shall undertake budgetary and expenditure control actions so that the increase in administrative expenditures for that school year over the prior school year does not exceed 5%. School districts with administrative expenditures per pupil in the 25th percentile and below for all districts of the same type, as defined by the State Board of Education, may waive the limitation imposed under this Section for any year following a public hearing and with the affirmative vote of at least two-thirds of the members of the school board of the district. Any district waiving the limitation shall notify the State Board within 45 days of such action.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    guessing you are referring to the admin cap waive? I have never heard of this but supposedly this law has been in place for 20 years. From the law:
    Started a post, but wanted to wait until I had some more info. I couldn't delete the post as it opened a new thread.

You might find of interest that SB 1952 passed without the return of the 6% retirement clause. BUT, BUT, this clause was added into the capital spending bill that passed over the weekend. Sneaky, sneaky.

So, tonight D 41 will have a Public Hearing prior to the board meeting. Related to what DTM posted.

A couple issues about this Public Hearing and the following board meeting---

1) There hasn't been any discussion on this matter prior to tonight, to my knowledge, or to anyone that I have discussed this with. Nothing discussed and nothing posted except the Board Report that is linked in tonight's agenda. That definitely is lacking in any transparency. I mean, really, there is a public hearing that just lists one line on what it is about. Public Hearing to Waive the Limitation of Administrative Costs for Fiscal Year 2019

2) Not only was there no discussion, that I am aware of, before tonight, I don't see discussion listed tonight. This goes right to the Superintendent's Recommendation. So, a Public Hearing and action on the same night. This is the same kind of stuff that Bruno, Nelson, etc. have commented on in the past, wanting not to have action on any issue the same night that it is being discussed. Worse here with a hearing just before action.

Heck, Nelson didn't even pull a stunt like this when she was Board President.

Those of you that voted for Bruno and co. should feel a little slimy.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    I mean, really, there is a public hearing that just lists one line on what it is about. Public Hearing to Waive the Limitation of Administrative Costs for Fiscal Year 2019
    Oh, Ackerman...you often are so informative, whether you intend to be or not. If the vote was to WAIVE the limitation, and if “School districts with administrative expenditures per pupil in the 25th percentile and below for all districts of the same type, as defined by the State Board of Education, may waive the limitation imposed under this Section...,” are you watchdoggedly telling us that D41 is BELOW the 25th percentile for its administrative expenditures? D41 is in the BOTTOM QUARTER OF THE STATE in the monies it pays in Administrative expenses?

And - wait for it - this is for the Fiscal Year 2019? The year that started October 1, 2018, following the budget of A PREVIOUS BOARD? THAT’S the fiscal year showing an increase that won’t have to be reported to the state as we spend less than - at a minimum - 75% of Illinois school districts on our administrative costs?

So tell me again - why should those of us who voted for Bruno and co. feel a little slimy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason for the first post being blank, Wm, was that I decided that I wanted more info before I did that post and I couldn't erase it. Until the discussion during the super reccomendation part of the meeting, nothing had been said about this to the public. After listening to that discussion, it appears that no one, including Mr. DePorter, was familiar with this until sometime in May. It appears to be a much smaller concern than its title appeared to be. That being said, the public was kept in the dark by the board president.

Between this and his refusal to seat Ms. D'Ambrosio next to the superintendent, as has been custom/protocal for, as Mr. Currie mentioned, about 20 years, that is part of why I feel that he is a major dropoff from the last board president. And his followers on the board haven't stood up to say a peep, so they must be OK with it, also. And, anyone paying attention that voted for them, (you), don't you think that this is beneath the 4 of them? The answers are either yes, it is beneath them, or no, because you are all a bit slimy.
    Last edited by ackerman; 06-06-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: corrected key word

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    The answers are either yes, it is beneath them, or no, because we are all a bit slimy.
    Aaaaand I’m not touching you to find out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk