Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Weed...

  1. #1
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,562

    Weed...

    Legal January 1, 2020. May give up alcohol. 👍🏽

  2. #2
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Legal January 1, 2020.
    All you need is "$100,000 application fee", plus a "Cannabis Business Development Fee, either 5 percent of total annual sales of a flat $750,000, but no less than $250,000".

    It will be interesting to see if this massive income suck from poor communities to wealthy professional corporations will impact the slot machine revenue or payday lenders in those communities...
    Last edited by jombl; 05-31-2019 at 02:26 PM.

  3. #3
    Forum All Star Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,276
    How about a charming old Cannabis shop or cafe in the Gieshes spot?!

  4. #4
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,934
    Remember Joe the Camel? He was accused of making smoking appealing to teenagers. There was an expensive lawsuit paid out and he was withdrawn.

    Well, with that in mind, who's the target audience for this?


  5. #5
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,562
    I know at least 100 current Glen Ellyn residents who that would appeal to.

    I don’t worry about the poor communities. They’ve been buying and selling this stuff for decades. The alcohol and beer companies should be shaking in their boots. Very little reason to pick alcohol over marijuana in my opinion.

    Got to figure out a way to parent through this, but for me, this a awesome news.

  6. #6
    Forum All Star Glenly Ellynby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Got to figure out a way to parent through this, but for me, this a awesome news.
    Uh, yeah. Not thrilled with the timing. Though no one should be in prison for pot.

  7. #7
    Forum All Star GESince1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,103
    Weed. What a wonderful addition to my proposal for an old-time smoky pool hall/bar idea for downtown. Greater revenue is always welcome.

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Minnesoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Remember Joe the Camel? He was accused of making smoking appealing to teenagers. There was an expensive lawsuit paid out and he was withdrawn.

    Well, with that in mind, who's the target audience for this?
    Quite certain that the issue with Joe Camel was a national advertising campaign. Pretty certain you can't advertise marijuana products. Is this product being marketed somewhere?

  9. #9
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    Quite certain that the issue with Joe Camel was a national advertising campaign. Pretty certain you can't advertise marijuana products. Is this product being marketed somewhere?
    in Colorado we have all kinds of pot ads in the weekly flyers you find in restaurants and gas stations.

  10. #10
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Weed. What a wonderful addition to my proposal for an old-time smoky pool hall/bar idea for downtown. Greater revenue is always welcome.
    Get ready for a run on commercial warehouse space. In the Denver area, most of this is now used by grow operations.

  11. #11
    Forum All Star Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    Quite certain that the issue with Joe Camel was a national advertising campaign. Pretty certain you can't advertise marijuana products. Is this product being marketed somewhere?
    From Mrs. Yoss trip to NYC this past weekend. These were trucks driving around Manhattan, much like the food trucks you see around here.

    Weed world.jpg

    Weed.jpg

  12. #12
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    All you need is "$100,000 application fee", plus a "Cannabis Business Development Fee, either 5 percent of total annual sales of a flat $750,000, but no less than $250,000".
    Perplexed's Wake & Bake!

  13. #13
    Forum All Star Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,276
    Potential dispensary names in GE-

    Clam’s Baked

    Jombl’s Joint

    Yossarian’s Catch 420

    Swampdoobs

    Dan The Rastaman
    Last edited by Yossarian; 06-03-2019 at 08:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Potential dispensary names in GE-

    Clam’s Baked

    Jombl’s Joint

    Yossarian’s Catch 420

    Swampdoobs

    Dan The Rastaman
    Those are good! I have to admit, I had to look up names for pot for mine.

  15. #15
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Perplexed's Wake & Bake!

    Reminds me of the Mancow show on 103.5.....they used to have an intro for their traffic guy that started with Wake and Bake!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •