Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apex 400 Lawsuit Filed

Apex 400 Lawsuit Filed

https://www.dailyherald.com/business...at-gieshe-site

And prior to the final vote on Monday. Which is kinda smart I guess.

My odds just went from 50/50 to 25/75.

At the very least I hope the Village hires someone other than Ancel Glink to defend this one.

Been wanting to see them out of our affairs for the past decade and a half.

So it's the attorney's fault? Really?

How was the St. Pets rally, errr, I mean, Save Main rally?

I watched the video on their Facebook. I can’t really tell how many attended, but the lack of crowd shots tells me, not many.

pagehttps://m.facebook.com/flx/warn/?u=h...XyONXCcKxKvu3w

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    While St. Pets school parents had a lot to do with sinking the last proposed development there, I don't think you could hang the current SaveMain on St. Pets. Because this development's parking garage was a couple hundred feet away from Glenwood and not directly across the street from the Church entrance - there were many more St. Pets folks in favor (or, at least, not opposed) as there were before. And from what I could see, St. Pets was getting it's old priest residence torn down as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Read the article again...St. Pets and Bishop Conlon are listed as DEFENDANTS in this absurd lawsuit...

St. Pets is NOT the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Martinez View Post
    So it's the attorney's fault? Really?
    Not certain what you mean . . . but no, not the attorney's fault. That said, it offered a renewed peek under the hood and made me realize, at least to my non-attorney mind, that they didn't exactly do a bang up job.

After reading the depositions, staff obviously wasn't prepped. And when your side deposed a sitting trustee who voted against it, you'd think that they would have done the same with one who supported it. Nope. I don't look at AG and think of a great litigation firm.

Also, don't misunderstand my desire to see the VOGE move away with their long-standing relationship with this firm as being a dig on you. Happy for you and your neighbors. Will continue to buy my gas in Wheaton. But that doesn't mean that I simply disregard my future relationship with the village that I live. Still supportive of their efforts to properly move the ball across the line when it comes to development of the CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Still supportive of their efforts to properly move the ball across the line when it comes to development of the CBD.
    We can agree that they are very very bad at this, right?

While I don't agree with this lawsuit, its viability or the timing of it, I do think that this project stinks and the Village used ham-handed math and completely and totally failed to creatively manage this property - to the detriment of the Village.

I do kind of enjoy watching these political wannabe's and faux-king makers fall flat on their faces.

Total amateur hour...
    Last edited by GE Fan; 04-08-2019 at 10:59 AM.

If you say "faux-king" in a Cockney accent . . . kinda fun. Don't do it at work though.

Forum Regular
    Can one read the lawsuit somewhere?

Count six is somewhat comical. Permits? We don't need no stinking permits!

35.Ordinance No. 6671 purports to approve a redevelopment agreement for the 400MainParcel and the South Main Parking Lot, referred to herein as the “Subject Property,” which includes a $1,844,990.00 TIF Parking Incentive and a $1,360,000.00 Additional TIF Incentive plus the developer’s right to obtain reimbursements of identified classes of expenses in amounts that are yet to be determined
    Holy incentives!

Due to the importance of parking in the South Downtown Area, the VILLAGE acquired the land that eventually became the South Main Parking Lot and spent significant sums engaging in efforts to remediate, but not fully resolve, soil contamination when it created a public parking area and a public space for the Glen Ellyn clock garden
    What contamination?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Holy incentives!

What contamination?
    I believe that, many years ago, a gas station was located on or next to that parcel.