Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: D41 Election Results

  1. #31
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,055
    Right at the end of the meeting, Erica Nelson felt it was important enough to say that she wanted to correct a comment from earlier that the referendum election was not stolen, but that it passed by 10 votes. Really? I'm going to miss such self serving BS when she finishes her 46 years on the board.

    And Bruno, what a self righteous hypocritical *****. He knows that the board has it's rules to not comment on the public's comments. If he wasn't so absolutely two faced, he would have said something in the past 1 1/2 years when the board president and vice president were getting wind burn from his supporters. It only mattered when someone that he is concerned about heard some comments. This is our next board president. We are back to where we started when I began going to meetings 8-9 years ago.
    Last edited by admin; 04-11-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ad hom

  2. #32
    Forum Regular Wm. Schumacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    404

    D41 Election Results

    Personally, my favorite moment occurred during public participation, when someone commented that “most” of the community were appreciative of Stephanie and Kurt...

    Just that “most” of the community voted out the pair by a margin of roughly 2 to 1...

    So much for their detractors being a “vocal minority...”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 04-11-2019 at 01:26 AM.

  3. #33
    Forum Regular Wm. Schumacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    IMHO, Clark asked questions that are pertinent to the negative reputation of special education in D41.
    Too bad she didn’t have a majority of the board behind her, and wasn’t the board president for the last two years...or she might have been able to do something about the Special Ed program deficiencies...

    And as for Jason, he doesn’t seem to be going along with ANYONE’S agenda, and votes the way he wants - is that why you dislike him so much? Because he’s turned out NOT to be a rubber stamp?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Too bad she didn’t have a majority of the board behind her, and wasn’t the board president for the last two years...or she might have been able to do something about the Special Ed program deficiencies...

    And as for Jason, he doesn’t seem to be going along with ANYONE’S agenda, and votes the way he wants - is that why you dislike him so much? Because he’s turned out NOT to be a rubber stamp?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at all.

    I’d like him better if he actually seemed to care about the kids that are falling through the cracks. I’d like him better if he didn’t seem to have one agenda. And, I’d like it if he didn’t resort to swearing and emotional responses.

    Look, for whatever reason the admin is getting rid of resources that some our most vulnerable kids really need. Doesn’t that concern you, William? That should concern EVERYONE; but especially the BOE member serving on the special education committee.

  5. #35
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Look, for whatever reason the admin is getting rid of resources that some our most vulnerable kids really need.
    Look, for whatever reason the Admin may be reallocating resources that families of some of our most vulnerable kids believe they need. Mr. Loebach, as the board rep to the committee, would be the most informed in this process.
    Just because outgoing Clarkhholz® does not like the direction, does not mean it is wrong.
    Last edited by Clamato; 04-11-2019 at 09:45 AM. Reason: AH AF

  6. #36
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Personally, my favorite moment occurred during public participation, when someone commented that “most” of the community were appreciative of Stephanie and Kurt...

    Just that “most” of the community voted out the pair by a margin of roughly 2 to 1...

    So much for their detractors being a “vocal minority...”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-13 maybe 14% of the voters actually voted. Yes, your 3 won. But, there is no way that this percentage can be considered most of the community. Most of the community didn't bother to vote.

  7. #37
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,513
    Well, in the typical and predictable cat fight between Ackerman and Wm. Schumacher, nuance and details have been missed and/or twisted.

    I think almost all of the community is appreciative of Stephanie and Kurt. If they're not, they should be. One can be appreciative without being a supporter for reelection.

    Both of them have spent an inordinate amount of their personal time, without pay and more often than not without thanks, for our kids and our community. Both also seemingly did so without using this role as a stepping-stone to some other public service job. That sacrifice and effort deserves appreciation. I think most all of the community understands that.

    Maybe it's time for everyone with a stake in District 41 to chill out and stop acting like children....for our children.

    If people aren't embarrassed by their behavior, they should be.

  8. #38
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Maybe it's time for everyone with a stake in District 41 to chill out and stop acting like children....for our children.

    If people aren't embarrassed by their behavior, they should be.
    I am humbled and ashamed of my behavior. (Although Ackerman should be more ashamed )

  9. #39
    Forum Regular Sam Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    26.710° N, 80.064° W
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Clicked on the link, noticed it was a three hour video..........

    Anyone have a decent summary?

  10. #40
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Black View Post
    Clicked on the link, noticed it was a three hour video..........

    Anyone have a decent summary?
    Just start watching at the links. They start where they should for maximum viewing entertainment/shame.

  11. #41
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Black View Post
    Anyone have a decent summary?
    I thought long and hard about poking the bear and posting comments about this last meeting.
    I viewed this initially as a streaker running onto a baseball field. Don't show it on camera or talk about it and it won't encourage the behavior.

    Now that Fan let that cat out of the bag, I will say that I am appreciative of anyone willing to put in that kind of time and effort for the community. I do firmly believe that Clarkhholz® fostered this type of behavior throughout their tenure and before. The more telling question might be to see if that side (Or either side for that matter) of the equation (Cooper, Clarkhholz®, etc) will continue this from the cheap seats.

    I would hope that the special needs discussion would continue with Stephanie as a part of that discussion without all the theatrics generated by the animosity. The kids do deserve that.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Look, for whatever reason the Admin may be reallocating resources that families of some of our most vulnerable kids believe they need. Mr. Loebach, as the board rep to the committee, would be the most informed in this process.
    Just because outgoing Clarkhholz® does not like the direction, does not mean it is wrong.
    Don’t appreciate the snark. Feel free to scroll on by if my comments annoy you.

    An IEP is a legally binding document that requires parent input. Admin can recommend but not predetermine services. If an IEP says a kid needs resource, for example, the kid gets resource.

    The district is trying to go full inclusion. That’s actually a positive step and responsive to some past problems. However, full inclusion is not what’s best for all kids. Some kids still need those pull out programs. A large number of parents are rightly asking for these pull out programs to continue.

  13. #43
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I do firmly believe that Clarkhholz® fostered this type of behavior throughout their tenure and before.
    🤨 What type of behavior?

  14. #44
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    廊 What type of behavior?
    Antagonistic, combatitive, vindictive, rude............................

  15. #45
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Antagonistic, combatitive, vindictive, rude............................
    So just about everyone in the D41 threads acts...
    Last edited by Perplexed; 04-11-2019 at 02:20 PM. Reason: extra word

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •