Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: D41 Election Results

D41 Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    Just like a fly ball at Wrigley Field today, you’ve totally missed the point.
    And your response seems an utter strike; the point made about Specialization (and its implementation, or discontinuation) is that it should be in the Superintendent’s wheelhouse, not the Board’s (whether or not it is the province of the outgoing or incoming Super is tangential to that point).

In fact, I believe all five candidates at the 2017 League of Women Voters’ Forum affirmed that position - to leave curriculum issues to the Administration - until three of them publicly flipped their positions ten minutes into their first meeting as Board Members, and voted with Clark and Buchholz to eliminate 2nd grade Specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    And your response seems an utter strike; the point made about Specialization (and its implementation, or discontinuation) is that it should be in the Superintendent’s wheelhouse, not the Board’s (whether or not it is the province of the outgoing or incoming Super is tangential to that point).

In fact, I believe all five candidates at the 2017 League of Women Voters’ Forum affirmed that position - to leave curriculum issues to the Administration - until three of them publicly flipped their positions ten minutes into their first meeting as Board Members, and voted with Clark and Buchholz to eliminate 2nd grade Specialization.
    https://www.d41.org/cms/lib/IL019046.../sec2/2-20.htm

If you all would, please review 2:20(8) and let us all know what your interpretation is....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Black View Post
    https://www.d41.org/cms/lib/IL019046.../sec2/2-20.htm

If you all would, please review 2:20(8) and let us all know what your interpretation is....
    Approving the curriculum, textbooks, technology-based education resources and educational services;
    To me, the key word is Approving. Not proposing, modifying, changing, eliminating.

The board in 2013 approved a recommendation from the administration.

In 2017 we saw a board on its own modify the way students were taught. What the board voted on was not recommended nor offered up by the administration in any way.
    Last edited by DTM; 04-22-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: fixed a grammatical error before the grammar nazis got me