Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terra Costa-Howard (D) Il House

It looks like Ms. Howard will indeed vote yes on making the State income tax progressive .

Glen Ellynites will finally pay their fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by paul kuhn View Post
    It looks like Ms. Howard will indeed vote yes on making the State income tax progressive .
    Where are you obtaining that information?

If so, it is highly likely that she will be a one term representative if the Republicans can run a moderate and not a Proft/Ives lackey. Hopefully for her sake, if this is indeed true, she sold her vote for a cushy appointment or state job.

https://www.facebook.com/illinoispol...7656553351897/

She tap dances around the question. And she seems more critical of the mailings opposed to the tax hike. Her thinking is that the voters will decide and that not everyone in her district is opposed to the amendment.

So it looks like a solid yes vote.

She tap dances around the question. And she seems more critical of the mailings opposed to the tax hike. Her thinking is that the voters will decide and that not everyone in her district is opposed to the amendment.

Yikes.

The "Ask the Voters" defense is such a red herring. The voters spoke on marijuana, I presume she's for that? Sports gambling, for that?

When we will we ask the voters on Property Tax Relief, Fair Maps, Pension Constitutional Amendment, School Funding, Term Limits, etc.? If "Ask the Voters" is the talking point (which I guess I'm for insofar as she/they mandate that Madigan stops packing the ballot with b/s advisory referendums and put the real stuff on it), then let's ask the voters about everything. Surely she/they have to be for that then, right?

Well I think we all the answer to that one . Never.

*shudder* that video brings back bad memories of D41 meetings. Surprised when she waved at the cameras she didn't ask where their pitchforks were.....

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post

When we will we ask the voters on Property Tax Relief, Fair Maps, Pension Constitutional Amendment, School Funding, Term Limits, etc.? If "Ask the Voters" is the talking point (which I guess I'm for insofar as she/they mandate that Madigan stops packing the ballot with b/s advisory referendums and put the real stuff on it), then let's ask the voters about everything. Surely she/they have to be for that then, right?
    This guy gets it.

He does. But in the end it won't matter. Taxes will go up. The 250,000 limit is just a way to sell this. The Politicians in Springfield are cooking up more ways to spend your tax dollars. Illinois actually set a record for revenue last year but even that wasn't enough because even with that state was still some 3B short of actually balancing it's budget. And in this budget Pritzker cut the funding for the pensions by another billion or so and delayed getting them to ninety percent funding which is considered fully funded until 2052. So if your children continue to live here they will be paying for those pensions until they retire if they ever can.

A sure way to lose an election in Illinois is to butt heads with the Public Employee unions it doesn't matter if you are a Liberal Democrat like Rahm or a Conservative Republican like Rauner you will lose. You want to stay in office you do what they want.

I think Ms Howard knows that and figures she will re-election Madigan will send her more money and the unions will campaign for her.