Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Superintendent

New Superintendent

Looks like they have settled on a candidate as a special meeting to approve the contract for the super has been scheduled for Tuesday. Unless they are renewing Gordon's??

Notice

I.Call to Order

II.Roll Call

III.Public Participation

IV.Adjourn to Closed Session

A.The Board will discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the District or legal counsel for the District, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel for the District to determine its validity.

V.Return to Open Session

VI.Approval of Superintendent's Employment Contract

VII.Adjourn Meeting

Forum All Star
    Gordon was approved by his new district. So, unless Buttimer's request at one of the search public meetings to consider Gordon in the new search was considered, he gone.

Forum Regular
    They said it couldn’t be done on a 7-0 vote:

At a special meeting tonight, the Board of Education appointed Dr. Melissa Kaczkowski with a unanimous vote on a four year contract to serve as the next Superintendent of Glen Ellyn School District 41 effective July 1, 2019. Dr. Kaczkowski has over 30 years of experience in education and currently serves as Superintendent of Roselle School District 12. Prior to being superintendent she was Assistant Director of Student Services and also a principal in Batavia School District 101. She earned her M.Ed from the University of Illinois and her Ed.D Educational Leadership from Aurora University. In addition, she holds a National Superintendent Certification.

The appointment comes at the conclusion of a national search managed by BWP & Associates. Please join us in welcoming Dr. Kaczkowski to District 41!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    They said it couldn’t be done on a 7-0 vote
    Again with the “they” said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, wait’ll Ackerman hears that his precious Board is paying her TRS contributions...!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Again with the “they” said...

#truth

Even BWP acknowledged that it was important to do it that way.

If BWP said it was important to approve unanimously, then they didn’t say it couldn’t be done; the Board was simply following the advice of outside experts...

...which, for me, is the true shocker; I never thought I’d see them do THAT...

Forum All Star
    BTW, wait’ll Ackerman hears that his precious Board is paying her TRS contributions...!

Thank the Lord that I'm not one of you.

Schumacher, in my research, I have learned one fact is that in hiring a super, they, I will assume for the Chicagoland area only, get their TRS covered by the suckers(us). So pragmatically, it is what it is. My issues on TRS have to do with what were 16 other admin in D 41 that shouldn't have the suckers paying for this benefit. The current board has a thought process to be fair to the suckers, but they have been busy dealing with levys, superintendent issues, and the resulting getting hammered 24/7.

For those that believe we shouldn't be paying this benefit and that we should save the $250,000 plus annually, you absolutely need to return Buchholz and Clark to the board. If Buttimer, etc. get on in a new majority, TRS reform will be what it was during the Nelson dominated board for years, a dead issue.

Schumacher, have you ever owned or run a company? With employees other than yourself? A serious question.

the (union faction) was simply following the advice of outside experts......which, for me, is the true shocker; I never thought I’d see them do THAT...
    You can't have it both ways, William.

Either Bruno and the union faction threw their principles aside and accepted a Superintendent suddenly foisted on them in undue haste and without proper vetting ... or they exercised their sworn role as the responsible executive authority and found the Superintendent, her educational philosophy, leadership and contract terms to be a superb choice in which to ground D41's future.

Which is it?

Kaczkowski previously was an assistant director of student services and an elementary principal in Batavia School District 101. Before joining the Batavia district, Kaczkowski served as an assistant principal, a student service coordinator and a special-education teacher.
    Awesome, so she comes from the Barshinger School of Superintending. We know how that worked out for D41......

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Awesome, so she comes from the Barshinger School of Superintending. We know how that worked out for D41......
    Oooohhhhhh! You said his name.......I wouldn't want to be you DTM

Forum Regular
    I thought no one was supposed to say Vivodamort out loud?!?

Forum Regular
    If BWP said it was important to approve unanimously, then they didn’t say it couldn’t be done; the Board was simply following the advice of outside experts...

...which, for me, is the true shocker; I never thought I’d see them do THAT...
    They do that quite often from what I’m told. What was shocking to me was the bitterness Erica Nelson felt she needed to get off her chest about the search process...AGAIN. Way to help the healing process, Erica.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    Way to help the healing process, Erica.
    Why does Ms. Nelson have to help the "healing process" that Clarkhholz® caused with their unilateral decisions?
    Oh yeah, I forgot, "Let's move forward, it's for the kids".
    The healing process will begin after April 2nd. fingers-crossed.jpg

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Why does Ms. Nelson have to help the "healing process" that Clarkhholz® caused with their unilateral decisions?
    Oh yeah, I forgot, "Let's move forward, it's for the kids".
    The healing process will begin after April 2nd. fingers-crossed.jpg
    Because it’s the ADULT thing to do...