Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No 5 Corners Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I wonder if the NIMBY crowd will oppose electric charging stations?

The noxious fumes protest goes away.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    I used to live in Elmhurst and we were pretty set at that time with gas stations. I admit I don't like the proposed location, if I'm visualizing it correctly. Very busy intersection (83 is such a tiny little street, and St Charles is usually pretty busy right there) and I wouldn't be keen on people pulling in and out of that corner all day long - I keep thinking of accidents. Then again, I really hate the traffic flow at the gas station on Park and Roosevelt as well, so maybe I'm a terrible person to weigh in.

The difference though is that the Elmhurst city council listened to their residents:

But neighbors mobilized against the project with a Facebook group, yard signs and standing-room-only crowds at city hall during project meetings. Their concerns with traffic and congestion resonated with the city's zoning and planning commissioners, who last month issued a recommendation to reject the developer's request. The city council would have gotten the final say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I wonder if the NIMBY crowd will oppose electric charging stations?
    The noxious fumes protest goes away.
    Yes. Rte. 83 and St. Charles would be a great site for a Supercharger + some 3rd party charging. Plenty of room there. But, a new Supercharger is opening soon on Rte. 83 in Oakbrook, so that will cover this area for now.