Thread: Questioning the Incumbents

Questioning the Incumbents

Since the official reason for not renewing Superintendent Gordon’s contract was “Incompatibility of the superintendent’s and board’s educational and financial visions for the district and for the implementation of those visions,” at some point before the election I would hope Clark and Buchholz would openly present their “educational and financial vision,” and explain how it differs from that currently in practice in our schools. If they really believe they are doing the will of the community majority, they should transparently run on this vision, not hide their philosophical lights under a bushel basket. As Kurt said at the non-renewal meeting, “I don’t give a hoot whether I get re-elected or not. I really don’t...I don’t care. If I don’t get re-elected, I’m just going to go fishing…[letting Gordon go] is the right decision. It’s what I believe and I’ll stick by that. It is what it is.”

Well, now it’s election season, and I’m interested in seeing a concise statement of goals, not oblique platitudes or dog whistles. Their campaign website talks about holding the line on taxes, but says nothing about opposing full-day kindergarten. They say “We want to ensure money is spent on a curriculum that is educationally sound, not experimental,” but won’t openly say what programs lead their list of “experimental” items that might be in the crosshairs. They trumpet how “diversity of thought should guide the decision-making process of the BOE,” but seem to discard statistics and the advice of experts when such views conflict with their own. If Kurt is, as he says, a man of his word, he will come out with his educational and financial “vision,” and not prevaricate in front of the community. He can fish or cut bait, but openly state the course ClarkHolz have charted, so voters can honestly decide if they want to be in the same boat again...

https://clarkbuchholzd41.com/key-initiatives/

Here you go: https://clarkbuchholzd41.com/contact/

It's really simple. You have a question for two specific people. Just ask them your questions. Not this forum - THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamattorney View Post
    Here you go: https://clarkbuchholzd41.com/contact/

It's really simple. You have a question for two specific people. Just ask them your questions. Not this forum - THEM.
    I’m still waiting for a response on the LAST email I sent Stephanie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest. You wouldn't vote for Kurt or Stephanie, period. So why should they waste one second with you. Same with Buttimer and me. And Hill. And Estes? He pulled Republican ballots in 2016 and 2018. I'd like to hear an explanation, but he's got the same shot from me as the 2 have from you. So, why don't you just hold your questions for 2 1/2 weeks.

You can ask your questions tomorrow at LWV. You know, that group where a former member is a Casten staffer and a current(I believe) contributed to 41 Forward. The group that handles everything right down the middle. For you golfers that would be with a mean hook to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Since the official reason for not renewing Superintendent Gordon’s contract was “Incompatibility of the superintendent’s and board’s educational and financial visions for the district and for the implementation of those visions,” at some point before the election I would hope Clark and Buchholz would openly present their “educational and financial vision,” and explain how it differs from that currently in practice in our schools. If they really believe they are doing the will of the community majority, they should transparently run on this vision, not hide their philosophical lights under a bushel basket. As Kurt said at the non-renewal meeting, “I don’t give a hoot whether I get re-elected or not. I really don’t...I don’t care. If I don’t get re-elected, I’m just going to go fishing…[letting Gordon go] is the right decision. It’s what I believe and I’ll stick by that. It is what it is.”

Well, now it’s election season, and I’m interested in seeing a concise statement of goals, not oblique platitudes or dog whistles. Their campaign website talks about holding the line on taxes, but says nothing about opposing full-day kindergarten. They say “We want to ensure money is spent on a curriculum that is educationally sound, not experimental,” but won’t openly say what programs lead their list of “experimental” items that might be in the crosshairs. They trumpet how “diversity of thought should guide the decision-making process of the BOE,” but seem to discard statistics and the advice of experts when such views conflict with their own. If Kurt is, as he says, a man of his word, he will come out with his educational and financial “vision,” and not prevaricate in front of the community. He can fish or cut bait, but openly state the course ClarkHolz have charted, so voters can honestly decide if they want to be in the same boat again...

https://clarkbuchholzd41.com/key-initiatives/
    Do you have a day job? A hobby? I am seriously worried for you.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    ... I am seriously worried for you.
    I am seriously worried that you always follow honest questions with your worries for people.
    I seriously hope we are not keeping you awake at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Ackerman, honest question, why then would you question Ozog here?
    I wanted an answer. Schumacher just wants to harass them. I'm pragmatic, she's no longer on the 87 board. If I have a countywide concern, I have 2 County Board members that will be responsive, Tim Elliott and Grant Eckhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Let's be honest. You wouldn't vote for Kurt or Stephanie, period. So why should they waste one second with you.
    Uh - Taxpayer/Constituent? Or are you suggesting that elected officials don’t have to answer to critics? That would sure put a crimp in your interactions with local political bodies...

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Uh - Taxpayer/Constituent? Or are you suggesting that elected officials don’t have to answer to critics? That would sure put a crimp in your interactions with local political bodies...

Answer the accusation. This is why you aren't getting answers. You're really just looking for your next gotcha. Boring.

Questioning the Incumbents

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Answer the accusation. This is why you aren't getting answers. You're really just looking for your next gotcha. Boring.
    What accusation? Your only questions were “why should they answer you” and a vague question about Ted Estes pulling Republican ballots...and asking me not to ask potentially embarrassing questions until after the election.