Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Herald Endorsement

Forum Regular

Daily Herald Endorsement

The DH record for endorsements is pathetic. I would have bet plenty that they would have done this. They endorsed Clark last time, she does a stellar job and what thanks does she get from them? They are just another liberal media outlet. Full of Washington Post articles that editorialize instead of diseminating news.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    They endorsed Clark last time, she does a stellar job and what thanks does she get from them?
    Well, they did endorse her again.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Well, they did endorse her again.
    Yeah, thought the rant was weird too. Maybe he didn’t read the article. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The DH record for endorsements is pathetic. I would have bet plenty that they would have done this. They endorsed Clark last time, she does a stellar job and what thanks does she get from them? They are just another liberal media outlet. Full of Washington Post articles that editorialize instead of diseminating news.
    Well, it IS an editorial. I do agree on their shoddy reporting.

It would be nice to know the process they used to arrive at their conclusions or opinions. Was there a panel of editors? The reporters aren’t known for their in-depth or balanced reporting of D41. I wouldn’t expect much more from their candidate endorsements. I would like to know why they didn’t choose Hill?

My bad. I thought I saw Hill's name instead of Clark. They still suck.

Oh, Now the picture becomes clear...
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...uss/150308982/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...uss/150308982/

Is there a point there? Comparing the two articles side by side, it’s easy to tell the editor put a lot of thought into the endorsements four years ago. The latest one appears to be phoned in...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    Is there a point there?
    Looking at the record of who they endorsed and, more specifically, did not endorse in 2015, I can clearly see why Ackerman is less than enthusiastic about the Editorial Board and their recommendations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20150308/discuss/150308982/

If you are trying to imply something because I didn't get endorsed, that's not the case. I'm currently still subscribing to the DH. No, they have a long trail of bird droppings in their overall pathetic endorsements and some of their comments. This time around they made some unneccessary comments about a friend running in Wheaton. Worse than the term used about Kurt.

In statewide races, some of their endorsements are ridiculous.

When their demise comes, and I as a lifetime newspaper reader I don't look forward to it, it will have been well deserved. Their local reporter that has covered D 41 has shown a definite bias in articles that she has written over the years. The national articles are phoned in by Washington Post writers and just lack.

Finally, Schumacher, you are like a sports fan that rips the players but has no real understanding of what it is like to play or have played in the game. When you run for something and have to deal with people and newspapers ripping you, let me know. Let us know when you have the guts to step up.

Daily Herald Endorsement

Finally, Schumacher, you are like a sports fan that rips the players but has no real understanding of what it is like to play or have played in the game. When you run for something and have to deal with people and newspapers ripping you, let me know. Let us know when you have the guts to step up.
    Ack, you DO realize there are numerous threads on this Forum where sports fans who have never been professional athletes criticize games, plays, and teams?

And if “going with my gut” were the only requirement for running for office, I’d gladly do so. However, Dunning-Krueger is not my double-barreled middle name; I have no delusions about my potential effectiveness as a Board Member. Others are better equipped for the job, so I vote for them. It’s called Representative Democracy. And I HAVE stepped up - as you well know - by volunteering time on District committees and task forces.

But to say I shouldn’t criticize a candidate (or former candidate) because I’ve never been one is like suggesting you should never criticize school board members...

Forum Regular
    Ack, you DO realize there are numerous threads on this Forum where sports fans who have never been professional athletes criticize games, plays, and teams?

And if “going with my gut” were the only requirement for running for office, I’d gladly do so. However, Dunning-Krueger is not my double-barreled middle name; I have no delusions about my potential effectiveness as a Board Member. Others are better equipped for the job, so I vote for them. It’s called Representative Democracy. And I HAVE stepped up - as you well know - by volunteering time on District committees and task forces.

But to say I shouldn’t criticize a candidate (or former candidate) because I’ve never been one is like suggesting you should never criticize school board members...
    There is always that guy too that talks about how he played the game...i.e. Uncle Rico.

Schumacher, I'm responding to the DH endorsement point that you were making.

Steven-Do you know the name of the character that was Robert Shaw's lackey following him around in Jaws? I thought you might.

Forum Regular
    Steven-Do you know the name of the character that was Robert Shaw's lackey following him around in Jaws? I thought you might.
    Wow...I purposely put the word "too" in my post to avoid ANY reference to you or your post...why are you attacking me? How about some simple courtesy and civility? I took no issue with you.

There are sports fans who talk out their a** for sure, but I always find the guys that "played" the game at a typically lower level are hilarious...I have a neighbor who must have played in 374 high school football games. Always thought the Rico character epitomized "that guy!"

Steven? It's Stephen.

Forum Regular
    Shu, I will admit, I'm a tad jealous...how cool is it that someone refers to you as Quint in Jaws?

I LOVED Quint!