Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Casten involved in D41 election

United States Congressmen do not casually drop by campaign events and then pose for pictures endorsing candidates while standing behind their campaign signs.

Casten and the Democrat's D41 union slate might have been too stupid to know the impact, but as the picture shows, they clearly knew what he was doing and where he was.
    Last edited by jombl; 03-14-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    United States Congressmen do not casually drop by campaign events and then pose for pictures endorsing candidates while standing behind their campaign signs.

Casten and the Democrat's D41 union slate might have been too stupid to know the impact, but as the picture shows, they clearly knew what he was doing and where he was.
    Buttimer is becoming more and more unelectable by the day.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    Either Casten stupid enough to endorse them and he’s got some explaining to do.

OR

Buttimer is trying to make it seem he is. She says “support”, tags Casten and their vote bottom three hashtag.
    Thanks Innovator. Speculation, feels like two which ain't cool.

('Buttimer is a liar and Casten is stupid'.)
    That's your defense of your candidate?

Wow.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    That's your defense of your candidate?

Wow.
    Sorry, this directed to me?

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Buttimer is becoming more and more unelectable by the day.
    Yet . . . . she'll likely be the top vote getter.

FWIW - the Casten post has been mysteriously removed from Buttimer’s Facebook page.

Apparently she was at the Milton Township Republican Meeting tonight with Ted Estes. #awkward
    Maybe she’s changing her political allegiance?

#doesshethinksheisfoolinganyone
    She was there. She didn't sign up to speak as the candidates are asked to do. Probably didn't know. When all the others had spoken and the business meeting was about to start, she stood up and started to speak. Went on for 5 minutes. She tried to tell us that she was fiscally conservative or responsible. Seriously. Disingenuous as they come.
    They, she and Ted Estes, tried to stay when our meeting started but were asked to leave. I would say that attempting to stay, as a member of the other party, is very unbecoming of a candidate. Of the 3 new candidates, she is, by far, the worst choice for the community. And the way that she acted at the afternoon session with the Search Committee for the Superintendent position was poor.

FWIW - the Casten post has been mysteriously removed from Buttimer’s Facebook page.

Apparently she was at the Milton Township Republican Meeting tonight with Ted Estes. #awkward
    Maybe she’s changing her political allegiance?

#doesshethinksheisfoolinganyone
    Maybe it was a game of "red rover, red rover, send Buttimer right over."

Terra Howard switched from R to D.....maybe Buttimer is going the other way??

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    maybe Buttimer is going the other way??
    I'll leave that alone. If you meant switching parties, there's as good a shot of Gordon staying here for next year with a new contract at $1 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    They, she and Ted Estes, tried to stay when our meeting started but were asked to leave. I would say that attempting to stay, as a member of the other party, is very unbecoming of a candidate. ... And the way that she acted at the afternoon session with the Search Committee for the Superintendent position was poor.
    Don't you do this at the Democratic events?

Wouldn't you classify your own behavior at these meetings a poor?

Not trying to stir it up or start a pissing contest, just seems like you live in a glass house here. Not sure you're the best person to be opining on these matters.
    Last edited by GE Fan; 03-14-2019 at 03:00 PM.

I showed up at a Milton D meeting because my state rep, who rarely appears at a public function to take any questions, was appearing.I called to get permission to come. I asked some questions. I did the same with Daniel Biss at the Indivisible meeting in 2017 at Village Hall. So, no, my behavior was not poor. The disagreement after the meeting with Gasaway, well he opined on stuff that he had no clue about. I educated him.
    Point is, she/they could have shown up, spoke(without lying would have been nice) and left. Other candidates have done that. The business part of the meeting is closed to members and vetted guest only. And being a member, I might be the best person to opine on these matters.

Casten involved in D41 election

Oh, Ackerman, now that you’re done, tell Jombl to come back. I want to hear more about the sinister Union Conspiracy to take over our community and, ultimately, the World!

(I realize a photo op with a Democratic Senator trumps an actual endorsement from a Republican Selectman, but don’t be so bitter...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 03-14-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    ... tell Jombl to come back. I want to hear more about the sinister Union Conspiracy to take over our community and, ultimately, the World!

(I realize a photo op with a Democratic Senator trumps an actual endorsement from a Republican Selectman, but don’t be so bitter...)
    You're being ridiculous Wm. Schumacher, acting like the town drunk in a western and calling people out to fight late at night in front of the salon. I see you've been on quite the trolling tear in the last 12 hours or so.

And just for the record, Casten sits in the House of Representatives. He is not a Senator. If you squint really hard you might be able to tell the difference.
    Last edited by Clamato; 03-15-2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Edited out firey talk

I took the rare step of deleting the whole battle. Ain't got no time for research. Please play nicely.