Thread: The streetscap plan seems like a streetscam - half the parking spaces are going?

The streetscap plan seems like a streetscam - half the parking spaces are going?

From McGinley's Poston Facebook.....
    Diane McGinley- Glen Ellyn President View
    8 hrs
    Monday the Village Board is meeting again to discuss changes in parking for the downtown for the Streetscape Plan. The proposal is changing all angled parking to parallel. That would result in removing about half of the parking spaces. The Board is making decisions on the Crescent Block in front of the Theatre, in front of the Crescent parking lot (where the carnival is), on Main Street North of the tracks, as well as on Duane in front of the Civic Center. Dicussions are around how to widen our sidewalks, maintain driving lanes, get our parking into state standards and ADA compliant.

Please see the packet for lots of information on number of parking spaces, number of parking spaces affected, sidewalk widths current and proposed and more.

http://www.glenellyn.org/

I guess the message is "don't park downtown GE." Even a small bumper oops costs thousands these days. Luckily I live close enough to walk, but for everyone else, this isn't going to be good for your cars, your insurance claims or your nerves. Bad move.

Forum Regular
    This may be the dumbest idea I have ever heard. The board knows GE is desperate for more parking spots and they do the opposite. The sidewalks are fine as is.

And two hour parking...so women’s three hour hair appointments (that’s a thing, right), will require a mid appointment car move. Yep, idiotic.

Forum Regular
    Maybe it’s part of the master plan to prove we REALLY need a parking structure by taking away street parking.