Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: District 41 School Superintendent Survey

Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    And what the hell had I even done?
    I usually only appear to clown around and make a fool of myself...however.

What you have done the past couple years on the Bike Race was far and above earning the award. Thanks for all you've done and continue to do.

Clown out.

District 41 School Superintendent Survey

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You'd be surprised (or not) at how many kids from the same address take multiple pieces of candy at the GEForum. But they do have to go through the trouble of changing their masks.
    I believe I posted something about that a little while ago. But if there is any “outing,” let’s follow Immanuel Kant’s maxim: “Act only ... by which you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.”

So - Off with ALL the masks!

I’m sure many casual visitors would be surprised by the mask-to-face ratio...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    I believe I posted something about that a little while ago.
    Which identity did you use? I can't find it under Wm. Schumacher posts.

Just to be clear, the Admins are not looking to out anybody. Multiple logins are in use (yours truly, for example) and are tacitly accepted. The one thing we definitely don't want is a person using multiple log-ins to engage in fake conversation with their self. That's verboten.

It's encouraged to keep only one username involved in a particular thread, and I'll say that fully aware that I've probably violated that in some past threads (typically due to being on Tapatalk or being too lazy to logout/login).

Only have one username - and identity is well known. So take that!

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Attachment 1031

Why wouldn't you want to be included in the pantheon of GE elite? Previous recipients that did not feel as you do: Alex Demos, Stuart Stone, Tom Voltaggio, John Demling, Dean Olsen, to name a few. I really hope you are not belittling the Award, or the 55 year tradition of giving them out, started by the Jaycees and taken over by the Chamber.

You are welcome to attend the Gala as my guest on the 26th, but it is cash bar and you are on your own for that. (I am good for the first one, but I know your expensive tastes )
    Certainly not belittling anything. Rather taking a stand on the person running the place at the time. Had no interest in being involved in any form or fashion.

That said, those things are not my cup of tea . . . nor my glass of Grey Goose. Sitting around in a hotel banquet room? Not even the annual output out of Le Logis could temp me to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Only have one username - and identity is well known. So take that!
    I used to post under the screen name "Fish." It has been a while since I have used it though.

Forum Regular
    Not even the annual output out of Le Logis could temp me to attend.
    Our loss (My wallet thanks you!). I will have to work harder on the nominating votes for you next year (Unless you have moved to SC by then).
    Last edited by GE Love; 02-14-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: like some posters, I forgot the "d"

Certainly not belittling anything. Rather taking a stand on the person running the place at the time. Had no interest in being involved in any form or fashion.

That said, those things are not my cup of tea . . . nor my glass of Grey Goose. Sitting around in a hotel banquet room? Not even the annual output out of Le Logis could temp me to attend.
    Weren't you the 4th of July parade Grand Marshal for some reason?

As the former Moderator1 (never to return), I'd like to add that you're not fooling the Admin's and Mod's they know your extra accounts despite your fake email address(s). Even the banned poster who used multiple VPN's...

What I really dislike is when elected or appointed officials post under a pseudonym in threads pertaining to their position or organization. I do realize mistakes happen and someone might use the wrong account once or twice. Worse is when they post under their real name in a thread then use the pseudonym in the same thread for things they're too gutless to say in public.

Yes, I said in December that I was never coming back, I am sticking to Moderator1 is never coming back.
    I have 3 accounts (now that Moderator1 has been suspended): This account, my real name (used it once) and a charity event that I am a volunteer for.

District 41 School Superintendent Survey

“What I really dislike is when elected or appointed officials post under a pseudonym in threads pertaining to their position or organization. I do realize mistakes happen and someone might use the wrong account once or twice. Worse is when they post under their real name in a thread then use the pseudonym in the same thread for things they're too gutless to say in public.”

Perplexed: + 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 02-14-2019 at 04:03 PM.

If you mean my post, I did not expect a response.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    If you mean my post, I did not expect a response.
    Not meant for you.

But, your presence is missed here.

Some feel good emoji inserted here

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Weren't you the 4th of July parade Grand Marshal for some reason?
    That was the year the guy who operated the GE Street Sweeper in 1966 was tabbed to do so, but he had plans to be with family in Wisconsin, so he declined. Then they want to the guy who came in 6th at State in the 880 yard dash in 1979, but had a root canal scheduled for July 3, so he declined. Then Fifty cent Tony was asked, but the anticipated revenue loss on a prime day like July 4 made him decline. That left us with our beloved Clamato. I did hear the kid he hit in the eye with a Tootsie Roll regained partial sight by September.

Quote Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
    that was the year the guy who operated the ge street sweeper in 1966 was tabbed to do so, but he had plans to be with family in wisconsin, so he declined. Then they want to the guy who came in 6th at state in the 880 yard dash in 1979, but had a root canal scheduled for july 3, so he declined. Then fifty cent tony was asked, but the anticipated revenue loss on a prime day like july 4 made him decline. That left us with our beloved clamato. I did hear the kid he hit in the eye with a tootsie roll regained partial sight by september.
    lmao!