Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: District 41 School Superintendent Survey

has the board set a salary range for the super search?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    has the board set a salary range for the super search?
    If they have not, maybe they can send out a survey to determine it.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    If they have not, maybe they can send out a survey to determine it.
    With 28 Board members filling out the Survey, how will they ever get a consensus.

Despite whatever the survey ultimately says (or doesn’t say), there will always be that person whose sole, laser-like focus will remain blindly fixed on THE MONEY. Not necessarily the quality or form of instruction, but solely the cost. For example, at a community “listening” session, one ClarkHolz cheerleader (and self-proclaimed Community Watchdog) declaimed that their main concern was getting someone with private-sector financial experience. Not someone who has a knowledge of matters curricular, or someone with an expertise in special needs education, or even an inspiring leader who can work with and inspire our teachers.

Private Sector Financial Experience.

Isn’t that what the FAC was empaneled to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

District 41 School Superintendent Survey

Withdrawn
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 03-19-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Come to think of it, at another public “listening session,” one of Kurt’s fishing buddies declared that the new Superintendent should live in Glen Ellyn. Now, either that individual (who no doubt has Mr. B’s ear, and is also a well-known “Tax Hawk”) thinks the most important requirement for our new Superintendent is where their house will be located, or perhaps he is suggesting that the Board choose from a minute pool of candidates that ALREADY live in town. Sounds crazy, right? But we have at least three superintendents that live in GE: Tammaru, Larson, and David Stelter (Bensenville SD 2) - the last, oddly enough, has our watchdog’s “Private Sector Financial Experience.” Lots of it.

Can anyone give the over/under that this name (currently making roughly 290K in salary and benefits in B’ville) will start cropping up when candidates start being reviewed on Friday? (DTM, I believe that someone - possibly BWP? - mentioned that something in the 250 range would be a realistic start).

(Like the call on the Board not renewing Gordon’s contract, I’ll apologize profusely if I am wrong. But if you put CandiMan’s dots together...)
    holy crap! 250k!!!!

the only way they should recruit a super from GE is if they combine the district with 89......

Withdrawn
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 03-19-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    (Like the call on the Board not renewing Gordon’s contract, I’ll apologize profusely if I am wrong. But if you put CandiMan’s dots together...)
    You have my profusest apologies. Comments withdrawn. It’s good to know my paranoia was unjustified.

On the bright side, you now have CandiMan as a portmanteau pseudonym for two of ClarkHolz’ most avid tax-averse admirers, so at least there’s that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 03-20-2019 at 07:23 AM.