Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: D41 Elections and Candidates Part Deux

Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Simply a comparison. And an accurate comparison.
    Many accurate things were removed in the purge last month. I understand though, kind of like when Trump drives the cart on the green of Mar-a-lago*...

* accurate comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Country Watchhog View Post
    Many accurate things were removed in the purge last month. I understand though, kind of like when Trump drives the cart on the green of Mar-a-lago*...

* accurate comparison
    Were any by me? Better not have been. I get preferential treatment.

Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Were any by me? Better not have been.
    No.

I get preferential treatment.
    Hence my Trump reference.

Simply a comparison. And an accurate comparison.
    Just wondering. I thought we were supposed to keep points and discussions to local political people. Otherwise, I guess I could say that if you combined the common sense of all of the 2020 apparent and declared Democratic candidates in a book, that the first page would still be blank.

What's good for the goose...

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    You realize you and Stephanie are both responding on “one of the social media groups I belong to,” and on which, ten days ago, I started an entire thread (with 59 replies) on the subject of the survey?

If you are impugning this Forum by implying it is a deserted echo chamber, where nothing within its boundaries ever reaches the light of the outside world...well, you’ll have to reach out to Clamato directly.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess you don't understand the concept of tongue in cheek. I did not ask a question of you on any social media. I was making a tongue in cheek analogy relative to your behavior.

Let me state it more clearly.

If you have a question that you believe 7 particular people (the School Board of District 41) may know the answer to, then ask them. Directly. They have email - you can email all seven at once and get answer from one or more of them to avoid the need for speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    I guess I could say that if you combined the common sense of all of the 2020 apparent and declared Democratic candidates in a book, that the first page would still be blank.
    You are correct; Booksellers call that blank page an FFE, an abbreviation of “front free endpaper.” Commercial book manufacturers call it an “endsheet.” A popular name for it is the “flyleaf.”

😂

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-fir...o-someone-else

You can give me a plethora of definitions, but you miss the point(maybe). Not only the 1st page would be blank, but the whole book would be empty.

Forum Regular
    Here’s an interesting strategy

1CFAA9CF-4E22-41E8-9B67-CC7777BDCD0C.jpg

Forum Regular
    You knew the name was bound to come up...

Yeah...Kevin, about that; I looked at their “Results” page, and I had a couple of questions under the first heading alone.

First, “Successfully negotiated a responsible compromise for a bond issue that resulted in $18 million returned to the tax payers.” Returned? As in rebated? I seemed to have missed mine...

Second, “Established an annual budget with a five-year forecast to prioritize cost containment, and use resources responsibly.” - This one’s for Bob and Sam and Dan: Why didn’t you guys think of “annual budgets” and “five-year forecasts” (or as I remember them called 7 or 8 years ago, “projections...”)? That would have been helpful for “doing the Finance.”

(Next time we’ll talk about how the dynamic duo bravely fought the rest of the Board and triumphantly “updated our facilities by eliminating the last of the portables...” ).

Is there anything this two-Member Board can’t accomplish?!?

https://clarkbuchholzd41.com/results/

The community is invited to a Meet and Greet with Clark and Buchholz this Thursday March 7th from 10-11:30am at the Glen Ellyn Public Library. We hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/3798...tive_tab=about

Stephanie,

Glad to see you visit the Forum. Can you elaborate on when you and Kurt “returned” 18 million to me and my fellow taxpayers? I never saw any notice of that abatement...

Stephanie,

Glad to see you visit the Forum. Can you elaborate on when you and Kurt “returned” 18 million to me and my fellow taxpayers? I never saw any notice of that abatement...

Wm. Wm. Wm. Like a fly buzzing around Ms. Clark. Despite all the garbage that some of your ilk have given her meeting after meeting, she does come on here. Only to take crap from you. All the while, not a peep here from Buttimer or Hill. Estes not since 2017. Buttimer is more comfortable on a private venue, talking to the echo chamber. But have you a word to say about these 3 not willing to engage anyone on here?

I might be smelling a local fireplace burning, but me thinks I'm smelling a hypocrite.

D41 Elections and Candidates Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    I might be smelling a local fireplace burning, but me thinks I'm smelling a hypocrite.
    More like the burning rubber of deflection. When did you get your portion of the 18 Mil “returned” to you?

And watch that “fly” analogy - it usually has a crappie ending...

Forum Regular
    it usually has a crappie ending...
    Mmmmmmm sauteed crappie
    You're welcome.