Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D41 Elections and Candidates Part Deux

Forum Regular

D41 Elections and Candidates Part Deux

You people made it like a week?!? Sorry admin, I'm going to try this again.

Here is a suggestion. If you are giving your opinion around a candidate and it centers around their clothing choice, their hobbies, how they sit in a chair then it seems pretty clear you have no ability to actually comment on the ISSUES since you have to find such petty things to post about. Go start your own thread on celebrity fashion critiques if you'd like. Stop hijacking this one so you can detract from the real issues.

I still want to know where everyone would stand on a levy and our taxes. We know where Clark and Buchholz stand. We know Buttimer is going to max the levy no matter what. If anyone can find any info on Hill or Estes please share.

What other issues do we want to hear about?

I guess what innovator wants, is for everyone to ignore decorum and other characteristics and qualities of a successful board member/board, and focus solely on the tax levy.

Seems that type of thinking got us our current President.

I’ll pass on that analysis. Clearly the community passed on that analysis as well given the most recent election.

To each their own.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    You people.....
    You people??? Sheesh.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I guess what innovator wants, is for everyone to ignore decorum and other characteristics and qualities of a successful board member/board, and focus solely on the tax levy.

Seems that type of thinking got us our current President.

I’ll pass on that analysis. Clearly the community passed on that analysis as well given the most recent election.

To each their own.
    Someone's choice of clothes or hobbies doesn't mean they are unsuccessful as a board member either. Would you make the same commentary about a woman?

There are more issues than the tax levy. Full day kindergarten and looking for the community to pay for it will probably be one issue. Maybe we are lucky because there aren't a ton of issues to deal with when it comes to our schools. Taxes are a big one though.

Hill, Estes and Buttimer have started canvassing the community. Buttimer showed up to my door and gave me the postcards for all three of this slate/non-slate.
    Last edited by Clamato; 02-12-2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Corrected unsettling use of the word "don't" when "doesn't" was needed. :-)

Forum Regular
    Buttimer showed up to my door and gave me the postcards for all three of this slate/non-slate.
    Did the information help you decide you are voting for all 3?

Forum Regular
    I think we can officially tie Buttimer, Estes and Hill to Bob Bruno.

His wife is hosting a coffee and campaigning for these three candidates.

https://www.evite.com/event/017EJEOY..._sharable_link

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 10.07.54 AM 2.jpg

D41 PTA Council - Candidate Forum

Hadley Junior High School

240 Hawthorne Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL

Wednesday, 2/27 @ 6:30 - 8:30 PM

Forum All Star
    I think we can officially tie Buttimer, Estes and Hill to Bob Bruno.

His wife is hosting a coffee and campaigning for these three candidates.

https://www.evite.com/event/017EJEOY..._sharable_link

It says all are welcome. Wonder what they are serving? I'm a solid maybe.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

Clarkhholz made a unilateral decision not to allow PTA Council a Forum of their own with the search firm, despite 3 other Board members asking for it. Do you think Clarkhholz would participate in this candidate forum?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

Mr. Buchholz and I have some reservations about participating in a forum hosted by PTA Council. Members of the PTA Council leadership are active in a public campaign for other candidates (including Jessica Buttimer who is an officer on the PTA Council). We question how impartial this forum will be.

Based on management of our time, we currently have scheduled to participate in the Glen Ellyn League of Women Voters forum that is a similar structure to the forum PTA Council is proposing.

We have emailed PTA Council this same response.

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Clarkhholz made a unilateral decision not to allow PTA Council a Forum of their own with the search firm, despite 3 other Board members asking for it. Do you think Clarkhholz would participate in this candidate forum?
    The PTA Council has no more business getting a special forum with the search firm than I would. They can attend an open forum with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Clark View Post
    Mr. Buchholz and I have some reservations about participating in a forum hosted by PTA Council. Members of the PTA Council leadership are active in a public campaign for other candidates (including Jessica Buttimer who is an officer on the PTA Council). We question how impartial this forum will be.

Based on management of our time, we currently have scheduled to participate in the Glen Ellyn League of Women Voters forum that is a similar structure to the forum PTA Council is proposing.

Joint-statements from seemingly independent candidates?

Are you hoping and expecting to be treated as one and the same with Mr. Buchholz when the voting public heads to the ballot box?

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Joint-statements from seemingly independent candidates?

Are you hoping and expecting to be treated as one and the same with Mr. Buchholz when the voting public heads to the ballot box?
    Not by you, based on your previous comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Not by you, based on your previous comments.
    Well, that's kind of my point. Clarkholtz seemingly wants to be viewed as one entity that will either win or lose together. As an interested member of the public, I'm curious if that is indeed true - as it will impact my vote - and likely others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Clark View Post

Won't be the first time nor the last time a member of a PTA has also ran for a school board position.

Not showing up to a candidate forum denies you the opportunity to present yourself to an audience who may only see you once. Wouldn't it behoove any candidate to present their own voice at any and all opportunities?