Thread: Hadley is a "School to Watch"

Forum Regular

Hadley is a "School to Watch"

What a great testament to collaboration between Dr Gordon, Principal Diveley, staff, teachers, students and the community! Cheers!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post

What a great testament to collaboration between Dr Gordon, Principal Diveley, staff, teachers, students and the community! Cheers!
    I know you have a lovefest with Dr. G, but maybe we should be listing Principal Diveley first? And how about mentioning the Assistant Principals, Marinier and Guzzetti? Anyone who has any experience with Hadley knows that Steve Diveley started before Paul Gordon was even on the scene, and Diveley is the one that turned that school around.

I for one am thankful for Diveley. Hadley used to be the school no one wanted to go to. Times sure have changed. Now people can't wait to be done with elementary and move on to Hadley. Hmmm...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    I for one am thankful for Diveley.
    I am glad to hear you are thankful for something. Collaboration means just that. Mr. Dively is listed second only by virtue of his title in relationship to the whole. Equal credit is due all participants that help to create such a dynamic learning experience at D41, elementary and middle schools. That level of collaboration and freedom to operate to create such a learning environment has absolutely started with Dr Gordon, despite of a hostile work environment.

Buying an award from an organization that you are a paid member of is a waste of time and money.

In this case, it's taxpayer money and taxpayer funded time that should have been used for schoolchildren and not adult resume padding.

Teachers did not nominate and vote. The listing was paid for on application. And it wasn't for "him", it names the school, not a person.

Others who paid for the listing as a " school to watch" from their middle school club include Maywood's Stevenson middle school, in a district ranked 709th out of 771.
    Last edited by jombl; 02-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Teachers did not nominate and vote. The listing was paid for on application. And it wasn't for "him", it names the school, not a person.

Others who paid for the listing as a " school to watch" from their middle school club include Maywood's Stevenson middle school, in a district ranked 709th out of 771.
    I can't believe I am saying this, but MY BAD JOMBL. I was thinking about a different thread. I...(Choke, cough)...was...(Choke, cough)....wrong (Choke, cough)
    I deleted my previous comment.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I can't believe I am saying this, but MY BAD JOMBL. I was thinking about a different thread. I...(Choke, cough)...was...(Choke, cough)....wrong (Choke, cough)
    I deleted my previous comment.
    I blame Principal Diveley.

When I was growing up, something to watch was a bad thing. Like, "You need to watch that kid. Bad news." Dumb name for an award.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    When I was growing up, something to watch was a bad thing. Like, "You need to watch that kid. Bad news."
    Did you ever tell your parents how hurtful that sounded? And look at you now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 02-19-2019 at 05:48 AM.