Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D41 Election and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    A true question for you Bob as I know you have experience in this arena.

If you had a policy to "Max your Levy" every year to retain your potential levy year to year, and abated money at the end of the school year if not necessary, would that assuage your fear of this statement? Just curious.

What do you see as the potential pitfalls of the above scenario?
    Until Clark-Buchholz came along, we mostly maxed the levy for years. There was one, just one, abatement, about 6-7 years ago. Nelson talked about it like she parted the Red Sea. Problem is my D 41 taxes went up so much the following year that it negated any benefit that I received the previous year.

Also, your theory asks for us to trust I people that want 'every last penny' for whatever they want to do with it. I am comfortable saying that Buttimer would never consider abating a penny, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    What a foolhardy assumption....That would be like me saying Clarkhholz is aligned with Cooper and Ladesic. They are aligned with the Tea Party ******, therefore they are Tea Party ****!

They should all work together, with respect to the community, like their code of conduct states.
    What bothers me about this post is that admin didn't think it was worthy of deletion. This he/she maligned 2 Board members, 2 local elected officials and a whole local group.

Then he/she talks about working together with respect to the community. Yeah, sure, just like you show in your posts.

Last edited by admin; 02-11-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: edited quoted material and removed budding flame war

That abatement 6 or 7 years ago was the worst. Instead of going from A to B to C, you went straight from A to C and it was very impactful on your tax bill. It felt like a bait and switch when they said they protected their increase by abating from whatever fund it is that they abated from.

I can only imagine if they went from for simplification A = 100, B = A+10, C=B+10 and they kept abating out of the fund that doesn't affect the levy increase for 10 years, while still "maxing the levy" annually and then a board came along and said - Hadley needs a swimming pool, let's just not abate this year and boom your taxes to 41 double overnight.

People freak out and the board says - no, this is perfectly legal, we were abating all those years, now you're paying what you could have been paying all along. Aren't you so glad we were fiscally responsible all those years? It's like when your 24 month introductory rate on TV goes away . . . and you start shopping for a new TV package, only you live in this house and your kids have friends in these schools its not as easy to shop for a new house as it is to get a new TV provider.

Forum Regular
    Well, GE Love is doing their best to pull the conversation away from the real issue and take this into the gutter. Focus people!

For those of us who don't have a vendetta like GE Love apparently does, maybe we can figure out the substantive reasons that Hill or Estes should deserve a vote? There are three spots after all. I'm leaving Buttimer off because I don't believe she has any business serving in any public office.

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    Well, GE Love is doing their best to pull the conversation away from the real issue and take this into the gutter. Focus people!

For those of us who don't have a vendetta like GE Love apparently does, maybe we can figure out the substantive reasons that Hill or Estes should deserve a vote? There are three spots after all. I'm leaving Buttimer off because I don't believe she has any business serving in any public office.
    Agree on the assessment of Buttimer. She’s toned it down since she announced her candidacy. I’m guessing she’s hoping people in this town have short memories. She is strongly tied to all the FB drama and that misleading 41-411 “publication”.

Not sure on the other two. Seem nice enough. I’d rather my candidates have some backbone though. I thought Mr. Estes may have posted here on the forum before? Interested to hear his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    I thought Mr. Estes may have posted here on the forum before? Interested to hear his platform.
    You should ask him next time you see him...

AAAAAND Election season is on! C’mon in and see people hiding behind pseudonyms attack opposing candidates - sometimes you can see a Candidate-vs-Candidate rumble - AND NEVER EVEN KNOW IT! And it’s ALL from behind the anonymity of a goofy moniker! (Except for Honest Bob, who uses his own name, mostly, and Ackerman, whom EVERYBODY knows, unfortunately...)

Don’t miss the show! It’s mainly here until April!

Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    AAAAAND Election season is on! C’mon in and see people hiding behind pseudonyms attack opposing candidates - sometimes you can see a Candidate-vs-Candidate rumble - AND NEVER EVEN KNOW IT! And it’s ALL from behind the anonymity of a goofy moniker! (Except for Honest Bob, who uses his own name, mostly, and Ackerman, whom EVERYBODY knows, unfortunately...)!
    Don't get all holier than thou Shu, I know you, and I know your name is not Wm.

You owe those of us who post here under our real names an apology, hell, I even post with my middle name (my Mom's maiden name)

While not everyone is active active, in addition to me, you owe an apology to Carl Henninger, Dan Smith, Jr., Diana Martinez, erics, Kevin Rath, Mark Pfefferman, Mary Ozog, Sam Black, Stephanie Clark and maybe Bry (used his real pic as avatar).

If you could video your apology, with your hand on your heart with an American Flag lapel pin on while "God Bless America" softly plays in the background, I would appreciate it and consider this matter resolved.

Sincerely,

Jester C. Watchhog

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    AAAAAND Election season is on! C’mon in and see people hiding behind pseudonyms attack opposing candidates - sometimes you can see a Candidate-vs-Candidate rumble - AND NEVER EVEN KNOW IT! And it’s ALL from behind the anonymity of a goofy moniker! (Except for Honest Bob, who uses his own name, mostly, and Ackerman, whom EVERYBODY knows, unfortunately...)

Don’t miss the show! It’s mainly here until April!
    Back at ya.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Back at ya.
    Since Shu is undoubtedly stunned by this rapier like repartee, someone needs to respond. "Now, he could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. [We're] I'm just the guy(s) to do it.

nah nah boo boo back at you. (top that Ackerman)
    Last edited by GE Love; 02-09-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: forgot emoji

I miss Swampdawg and PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I miss Swampdawg and PM.
    NOBODY misses Swampdawg and PM!

I'm closing out this thread as it had devolved into a flame war. Try better next time, everybody!