Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEEA To Involve Itself In D 41 Election On April 2

GEEA To Involve Itself In D 41 Election On April 2

GEEA-The Glen Ellyn Educational Association, the teachers union of D 41, is going to survey the candidates in April 2's election and make endorsements in that upcoming election. What this really means is that the heads of the union, Guerreri and Sbarra, have already decided who they, and therefore GEEA, will endorse.

Their endorsement is tainted from the start. We all know it.

To refresh memories, GEEA members illegally used the D41 email system back in 2016 in an effort to form a political action committee to undercut the 2017 D41 election. A number of GEEA members were found to have sent illegal emails. Dr. Gordon withheld these emails from a FOIA that I sent in May 2016. He got sued successfully, by me, and had to turn them over in Oct. 2016, after losing the case.

Gordon called the Daily Herald 5 days before releasing the emails and got Katlyn Smith to write an friendly article. He subsequently exonerated those involved, despite their all having been found guilty of illegally using the D 41 email system for political purposes. Most involved were Christina Kellam, still with D 41, and the then GEEA heads, Bonkowski and Dymit.

Could Guerreri and Sbarra be stupid enough to duplicate this illegal behavior? Could Gordon be stupid enough to allow this to go on under his nose, again? If so, we will find out. Through the magic of FOIA.

The truth is that anyone paying attention to D41 politics KNOWS that GEEA will be supporting 1 or more of these 3--Buttimer, Estes or Hill.

There are 3 camps of voters in this election. Two camps are solidly behind their candidates. The 3rd might be susceptible to BS from a group like GEEA.

We saw what crap Gordon pulled with the referendum. I implore all those that are undecided to see thru the shenanigans of GEEA and their favored ones.

Thank the Lord Gordon is almost gone. One can only hope that potential future employers will become aware of this slimy side of his before they make a mistake.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    .... be stupid enough
    To listen to Ackerman pat himself on the back, at every opportunity, regarding his FOIA?
    Why do you care whom they endorse? As you and Pete Ladesic have said endlessly, a large percentage of GEEA members can't even vote in this election.

Good to know you're back on the case though Ackerman.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    To listen to Ackerman pat himself on the back, at every opportunity, regarding his FOIA?
    Why do you care whom they endorse? As you and Pete Ladesic have said endlessly, a large percentage of GEEA members can't even vote in this election.

Good to know you're back on the case though Ackerman.
    I for one am happy for the history. Thank you.

This concerns me because even if teachers don't have the voting power they 100% have some influence on the parents, as was pointed out on a previous thread. Love the teachers; but from their point of view I'm sure they'd love to have more spending power. I want resources but I also want a community where people can pay their taxes.

If there were shenanigans with the GEEA previously under Gordon's watch, this helps explain the picketing and excessive public support. I do maintain it was not the majority of teachers supporting Gordon though. After all, what happened was illegal, right? If GEEA moves ahead with this I want to see them vote and I want to see the percentage of votes for each candidate. Clark and Bucholz successfully negotiated the GEEA and AFSCME contracts, if I recall? There has to be some support there. My theory again is it is only top-tier union people and possible PTA leaders influencing this.

Forum Regular
    I’ll vote for whoever GEEA doesn’t endorse. Serious distrust for the union. They seldom have the public interest. Thanks for making it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    I’ll vote for whoever GEEA doesn’t endorse. Serious distrust for the union. They seldom have the public interest. Thanks for making it easy.
    Grate point.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Grate point.
    I Love your point (See how clever that was? I was great at this section of the SATs)

So, just so I know how hard to work at securing the Union endorsement. If the Union endorses Clarkhholz, the Ambiguously Vindictive Duo, then Grateful and Ackerman will vote for the other 3?
    Anyone else care to sign that contract?

I feel a storm brewing on the horizon.

If we can't all agree that a paragraph requires at least one period, what hope is there for humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I feel a storm brewing on the horizon.
    If nobody is around to witness it, did it even happen?

Forum Regular
    I Love your point (See how clever that was? I was great at this section of the SATs)

So, just so I know how hard to work at securing the Union endorsement. If the Union endorses Clarkhholz, the Ambiguously Vindictive Duo, then Grateful and Ackerman will vote for the other 3?
    Anyone else care to sign that contract?
    Not likely to endorse them....

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    Not likely to endorse them....
    If the Union did endorse them, would you change your vote? I am just trying to determine how far your disdain for the Union goes.

As to the Union involvement in school board elections.

D41 normally has at least one member of a teachers union sitting on the board at all times. Currently the union's representative is Bob Bruno who is a current member of a teachers union and who's wife retired as a member of D41's teacher's union. His wife was most famous for setting up a former D41 board during the "Wallflower" debacle.

Bruno, as many will remember, ran his D41 election campaign with the public support, manpower and financial backing of numerous Chicago area unions.

The teacher's union is proud of their power and just a few years ago famously declared from the podium of the NEA convention, "It is not that we care about children; and it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. The NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power." Not all that differant from the very famous statement from the teacher's union President, "When school children start paying union dues, that's when I'll start representing the interests of school children."

Indeed, just a few days ago in Chicago the local teacher's union vice president said to WTTW, "CTU knows how to put a mayor in place."

The teachers union has around 2500 members living within the boundary of D87, a district which selects winning board members with about 7500 votes. We can expect that union members are likely to vote heavily and favor the union backed slate. They also have an opportunity to inordinately influence family and friends, work campaigns and donate - all of which they do. That D41 had a brief period outside the union's pocket is not something they will allow to persist, especially as the contract comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    As to the Union involvement in school board elections.

D41 normally has at least one member of a teachers union sitting on the board at all times. Currently the union's representative is Bob Bruno who is a current member of a teachers union and who's wife retired as a member of D41's teacher's union. His wife was most famous for setting up a former D41 board during the "Wallflower" debacle.
    D41 also has one member who's wife is a current member of D41's teacher's union. So would you say the union has two representatives on the board? Or would you say that one can separate themselves from such associations while serving the district?

Forum Regular
    Whatever the union does, I would watch carefully as their contract is up for negotiation soon. It's good through 2020 school year.

If the Union did endorse them, would you change your vote? I am just trying to determine how far your disdain for the Union goes.
    I think that it can be safely said that the chance that GEEA would even give consideration to either Clark or Buchholz, let alone endorse, is the same chance of any of us waking up tomorrow and suddenly being 8 feet tall. I'm sure that some GEEA members would prefer them, but, it won't get thru the 2 heads. Their (GEEA's) endorsement therefore is, as I've said tainted.