Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Where is the contract for Dr Gordon

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    The pilot compromise was to phase in the specialization over a couple school years.
    Call it what you want, that's still not a pilot. Also, the admin/board changed what "Think Tank" was going to look look like up until the last meeting with no one knowing until they showed up to the meeting.

You know as well as I, until a decision gets close to implementation parents/public don't generally pay attention. Also, a certain Lincoln teacher spreading false information also helped whip up folks into a frenzy.
    You know as well as I, that the information shared by a teacher was not false. The narrative was changed by the district to something different than had been shared with the teachers initially. Many teachers confirmed this.

The full text of the letter is here:

Anyone can review what is said versus what really happened and see discrepencies. My favorite line is:

now, even more than the fact that this idea sounds completely absurd, is the fact that they will be trying to pass this at november 26th board meeting (and i quote) "before the parents can find out about this." at the teacher's meeting today, they were told that the parents were "on board with this idea."

It is interesting, years after think tank was dismantled by Clarkholz, it is still being talked about. In fact, if you watch the meeting where the vote on non-renewal happened, at the 3hr 10 minute mark, Stephanie Clark spent almost 20 minutes explaining her no-vote, avoiding any talk on Gordon's performance and focusing solely on think tank (which was started before his tenure now almost 6 years ago). Very non-sequitur comments in my opinion....

I was wondering how this “Think Tank” thread ended up under the Gordon banner (especially as he was hired post -TT) - Thanks, DTM, for reeling it back in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An article on Gordon's search, in Kansas.

http://www.jcpost.com/2018/12/04/sup...esday-evening/

The new superintendent for this district was announced in January. It was not Dr. Gordon.

He was not present at the monday board meeting. A statement was read that he was out of the district for 2 days.....interviewing somewhere?

Huh. Wenatchee, WA.

Thanks, Ack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Huh. Wenatchee, WA.

Thanks, Ack.

Have to ask. Why are you up at 2:30 AM on your phone? We have a right to know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Have to ask. Why are you up at 2:30 AM on your phone? We have a right to know what is going on.
    Finish-work on a mirror frame. It’s quiet at night, and I can work undisturbed. I was letting a coat of hydrocal plaster dry.

The search is over for Gordon. I can't see him turning it down.

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...ent-candidate/

A local article, from Washington, mentioning Gordon.

https://www.ncwlife.com/ncwlife-even...ruary-20-2019/

Good for him. I wish I could read the rest of the article to see why one board member voted no.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Good for him. I wish I could read the rest of the article to see why one board member voted no.
    I think it was a relative of Ackerman's or Clamato's.

Congrats to Dr. Gordon. I hope he finds the respect in WA than he never did with Clarkhholz. They are a very lucky community!

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Mystery Solved - Congratulations Dr. Gordon!