Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where is the contract for Dr Gordon

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    [So? Finish your thought...provide a link with Super compensation based on number of schools and enrollment. Do you think we are going to get someone cheaper?]
    I was responding to this quote by you "Paul’s compensation appears to be in line with other superintendents in Illinois."

I don't know that we can find anyone cheaper and I wasn't suggesting that. I was merely asking how does his salary look when you compare him to superintendents in similar districts.

Forum Regular
    [Please provide evidence that Dr Gordon does not hold teachers to very high standards expected in D41. Why are you nervous that Dr Gordon is admired and respected by the organization that represents teachers. The same Teachers that provided high satisfaction in the same survey you utilize? 100% satisfaction would be hard to come by for anyone, but you can't cherry pick responses. What are the Survey results for Board satisfaction?]
    You don't answer my questions, you just throw questions at me. I think you should just get to the heart of the matter and say that no matter what mistakes Gordon has made, he's your guy. And you don't like Clark or Buchholz.

Why does the teachers' love of Gordon makes me nervous? I believe there is a balance between a healthy bit of respect and liking someone. I have personal background history too and I can assure you that some teachers think Paul Gordon is a nice guy, but they don't respect him and they question his leadership.

I'm not sure if our district has been held to high standards or not. Looking at the facts - before Gordon took over the reigns, D41 was in the top 6% of the state. We've now dropped to the top 10%. That is a fact from benchmark study done this past year.

Comparatively across the state, District 41 still overall does pretty well; I would say that is in spite of Gordon. Our scores haven't changed much over time at all. We’ve maintained, but honestly I don’t think much would have to be done to maintain around here. You have a community that is made up by a majority of well-educated parents who will push their kids. What specifically has Gordon done to push their learning further? Based on the benchmark study it seems we are actually dropping.

I have no doubt that people who meet Dr. Gordon really like him. He has that kind of personality, but when you look beneath the surface maybe D41 can do better? To me there's been too many questionable events that he has been involved with during his time here that make me feel that way. The campaign to "Save Paul Gordon" seems over the top when presented with all of these facts.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    facts.
    That's just it. Both sides are manipulating "facts" to support their particular agenda.
    Your comment about me wanting Dr Gordon to stay and me not liking Clarkhholz is just about the only thing we can agree on.
    We should probably leave it at that. Seems like a preconceived conclusion on Monday anyway.

Forum Regular
    That's just it. Both sides are manipulating "facts" to support their particular agenda.
    Your comment about me wanting Dr Gordon to stay and me not liking Clarkhholz is just about the only thing we can agree on.
    We should probably leave it at that. Seems like a preconceived conclusion on Monday anyway.
    What facts have a manipulated?

I will take back this statement: "Clearly the board and Gordon didn't like Clark and Buchholz and tried to figure out a way to stop them." as it was speculation on my part.

Beyond that, I have been factual and when it was my opinion it was clearly stated.
    You continue to make sweeping generalizations stated as facts. When I ask you for the facts to support your statements, you dodge my questions by turning it around and asking me questions.

Forum Demi-god

Talking about a person's education is not a "potshot". He chose to get his degrees from online universities. I'd love to learn the details of how the board who hired him, justified the pay scale for an individual with no experience as a district superintendent. Is that public record?

I too am interested in the comparisons of other district superintendents' pay including their time in the role, their experience prior to the current role and their results in improving academic achievement in their districts.

I find it interesting how many community members are asking for transparency in personnel issues. From years of watching board actions, I've always understood that personnel issues are a closed session agenda item. If that remains true today, some people are being disingenuous by suggesting that this issue can be discussed publicly.

Likely the best way to understand a broader picture of our district superintendent is to talk and listen to someone whose views are different than your own.

I sense swift justice will take place shortly at ballot box. Boy, was that must-see TV.

My favorite part was when Pete Ladesic showed up (for whatever reason) to speak against the involvement of people who don't live in the district in district matters. He legitimately said it was disingenuous and totally improper. That was ironically hilarious.

I can't wait to see the amazing candidates for superintendent we get on this time frame. Anyone worth their weight will first call the principals of the schools and the superintendent of D87 to get their feelings on the district and board. Since most spoke out strongly in favor of Gordon and against this move and against the decision of the board, I'm sure those conversations will go well for us.

Disappointing....but totally expected from this group.

Also, the hoodie was a nice touch. That showed a nice level of respect for the community, the meeting and the participants.
    Last edited by GE Fan; 01-22-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I sense swift justice will take place shortly at ballot box.
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember, the referendum only passed by, what was it - 10 votes? And that was with lots and lots of campaigning and confidence that it would be a landslide vote. I don't recall "no" voters coming out in droves to speak at school board meetings.

Additionally, most voters will have a halfway decent idea of how hard they will be hit by the new tax laws by April 2nd. It's possible that voting in three "max the levy for the children - its a no brainer" candidates won't seem quite as exciting then as it does now.

Where is the contract for Dr Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I find it interesting how many community members are asking for transparency in personnel issues. From years of watching board actions, I've always understood that personnel issues are a closed session agenda item. If that remains true today, some people are being disingenuous by suggesting that this issue can be discussed publicly.
    C’mon, people are always interested in personnel issues; it’s human curiosity...

“Jeffrey Cooper, a candidate for the school board in the most recent election...questioned whether or not Gordon's contract was being extended..."

“What's going on with the contract? Is it being renewed? Is it being extended? What's going on," resident Jennifer Rath questioned, echoing Cooper.”

[On the Record Below:]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...story,amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Likely the best way to understand a broader picture of our district superintendent is to talk and listen to someone whose views are different than your own.
    Says Watson, dismissing a picture of our district superintendent from someone whose views are different from their own...
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 01-24-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Where is the contract for Dr Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by mamattorney View Post
    It's possible that voting in three "max the levy for the children - its a no brainer" candidates won't seem quite as exciting then as it does now.
    Three "max the levy for the children - its a no brainer" candidates? NOT a catchy slogan - too wordy. Is this some form of Slate? I hope not; Ideologically monolithic blocks of school board members who vote in utter lock-step are SO last year. I’d love to have you show me where you found that particular campaign platform plank, so that we can stand and cast aspersions together...

...Although nothing could ever seem quite as exciting as the laugh-a-minute clown car that’s taken over the center ring of our circus these days; get your chuckles now before it’s driven out...
    Last edited by Wm. Schumacher; 01-24-2019 at 12:08 AM.

You are right - just a gut feeling on my part on all except Buttimer.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I sense swift justice will take place shortly at ballot box. Boy, was that must-see TV.

My favorite part was when Pete Ladesic showed up (for whatever reason) to speak against the involvement of people who don't live in the district in district matters. He legitimately said it was disingenuous and totally improper. That was ironically hilarious.

I can't wait to see the amazing candidates for superintendent we get on this time frame. Anyone worth their weight will first call the principals of the schools and the superintendent of D87 to get their feelings on the district and board. Since most spoke out strongly in favor of Gordon and against this move and against the decision of the board, I'm sure those conversations will go well for us.

Disappointing....but totally expected from this group.

Also, the hoodie was a nice touch. That showed a nice level of respect for the community, the meeting and the participants.
    Two comments--

1-For those that actually went to the meeting, or watched the beginning, Mr. Buchholz wasn't there yet as he was coaching a youth basketball game. He came straight from the game, hence his attire. He has shown myself and the community respect from day one.

2-Pete Ladesic showed more guts than all but one speaker to dare call things as he saw it. People that don't live in the district, including the GW Principal, don't have 10 toes in the game as they don't live here or pay our taxes. They can legally talk, but just show their biases. Same with non D 41 living teachers.

The speaker with more guts was the woman that said her former friend, Liza Sury, had told her that Gordon wasn't a good leader, but she(Sury) was during her schtick against the district to get at Clark-Buchholz. The woman mentioned that Sury was now a former friend, after 13 years.

I agree with mama attorney's take. The ref passed by 10 whole votes. This is a 10-12% election. If those that have voted before for Clark-Buchholz show up, they will be in play. None of the 3 others have run for a thing and truth be told, they make Erica Nelson look good.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Three "max the levy for the children - its a no brainer" candidates? NOT a catchy slogan - too wordy. Is this some form of Slate? I hope not; Ideologically monolithic blocks of school board members who vote in utter lock-step are SO last year. I’d love to have you show me where you found that particular campaign platform plank, so that we can stand and cast aspersions together...
    Your "anti-slate" argument will get old really fast especially when we all know Buttimer, Hill and Estes are most certainly all trying to get elected as a group.

They learned from the best. Remember Nelson, Tayler and Massey in 2015 were the "Candidates of Choice". They campaigned together, held coffees together, but tried to make us believe they weren't a slate because they had different yard signs and websites. Their followers ripped on Clark, Buchholz and Rath for running as a slate.

Now Nelson's minions are following in her footsteps. Buttimer, Hill and Estes have different websites, but they are campaigning together. Lacks transparency if you ask me. They already have their first coffee scheduled. Screenshot taken from Buttimer's campaign facebook page which is open to the public.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.15.33 PM.jpg
    Last edited by innovator; 01-27-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post

I found this on Buttimer's campaign website. To quote "Increasing flexibility of future boards by allowing district revenue to increase by inflation via the full levy"

I guess we'll have to see what Hill and Estes says, but since they are all campaigning together I would imagine they will share the same sentiment.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.12.57 PM.jpg