Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the contract for Dr Gordon

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Is this the guy that we want to lead our school district?
    Better him than Clarkhholz. This power grab is going to cost this District 100's of thousands of dollars and upheaval of the curriculum for a generation of students. Luckily, the Teachers are against this as well, so they should be looking towards the students' best interests even if Clarkhholz are not.
    Last edited by GE Love; 01-18-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: missed an '

Don't worry GE Love. The leaders of the board have grossly underestimated this town and the new wave of parents. Candidly, they should have used TCH's win over Breen as a teaching lesson. They clearly didn't. They won't be around for much longer either.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    The difference being Dr Riebock announced her intention to retire. That is not the case here.
    Should not have to wait until the election if you just renew his contract. He has been great for this District and our community as a whole.
    Again, the only low marks on the survey come when you start asking about Board conduct, not student achievement and certainly not Super performance.
    No matter how many times that you repeat your **** version of things, that doesn't make it so. He needs to go, and will go.
    Last edited by admin; 01-18-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: ad hom

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Only FOUR board members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked, 4 is enough. Your buddies Nelson and Bruno, well...….. I will say this, that while Erica and I don't agree much, if the tradeoff in this election is Nelson for any of those new three, we all lose.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Don't worry GE Love.
    What I worry most about is Clarkhholz getting the boot in April, forcing ****, Ackerman back to work.
    Last edited by admin; 01-18-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: ad hom

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Better him than Clarkhholz. This power grab is going to cost this District 100's of thousands of dollars and upheaval of the curriculum for a generation of students. Luckily, the Teachers are against this as well, so they should be looking towards the students' best interests even if Clarkhholz are not.
    Can you explain how this is a "power grab"? Do you know everything that has gone on between the board and Gordon?
    100's of thousands of dollars? How So?
    An upheaval of the curriculum? Aren't we being a bit dramatic? Is Gordon taking the curriculum with him? He didn't even create it. He inherited it from Riebock and co. Which BTW - that almost completely dismantled experiment WAS an upheaval of the curriculum that did impact a generation of students.

As far as the teachers. Are they all against this? Go read some of the survey comments of what they have to say about him. It's not all positive. Regardless, it makes me a little nervous when the union loves the super so much they are issuing press releases and holding rallies. Maybe they are afraid a new super will hold them accountable.

Forum Regular
    Don't worry GE Love. The leaders of the board have grossly underestimated this town and the new wave of parents. Candidly, they should have used TCH's win over Breen as a teaching lesson. They clearly didn't. They won't be around for much longer either.
    So you're suggesting the board should base their decision on their political aspiration, not what is right? Well, that is the way they all do it in Illiniois, isn't it? Maybe what you have here is a board willing to do the right thing. Why subject themselves to this otherwise?

Regardless, it's not as if any of the Gordon supporters would vote for them because they kept him around.

As far as Terra Howard's win over Breen. Clearly that new wave of parents who voted for her wasn't around to witness TCH in her heyday on the D41 school board and how absolutely awful she was to parents and community members.

According to the agenda, the presentations from the search firms happen at the beginning of the meeting while the vote on non-renewal is at the end....seems a bit bizarre and rude. The presentations should happen at another meeting assuming the vote is for non-renewal.

Also, they vote to select the firm right after the non-renewal vote. Seems a bit rushed. No time for thought on the presentations and discussion? no time for public input?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    According to the agenda, the presentations from the search firms happen at the beginning of the meeting while the vote on non-renewal is at the end....seems a bit bizarre and rude. The presentations should happen at another meeting assuming the vote is for non-renewal.

Also, they vote to select the firm right after the non-renewal vote. Seems a bit rushed. No time for thought on the presentations and discussion? no time for public input?
    Gee DTM, why would they change course or behavior now? Bizarre and rude are polite terms for the treatment Dr Gordon has had to endure from Clarkhholz and their puppet Cooper.

District 41 to vote on letting superintendent's contract expire, start search for replacement (link) Daily Herald

"Thee Glen Ellyn Elementary District 41 school board will vote Monday to start a national search to replace Superintendent Paul Gordon and allow his contract to expire in June after nearly six years in charge.

The board's vote abruptly ends months of public silence about Gordon's future in Glen Ellyn and comes in the midst of a five-way race for three board seats in April.

Teacher union leaders, who staged an October rally to support Gordon, denounced the move in the district that..."

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    So you're suggesting the board should base their decision on their political aspiration, not what is right? Well, that is the way they all do it in Illiniois, isn't it? Maybe what you have here is a board willing to do the right thing. Why subject themselves to this otherwise?

Regardless, it's not as if any of the Gordon supporters would vote for them because they kept him around.

As far as Terra Howard's win over Breen. Clearly that new wave of parents who voted for her wasn't around to witness TCH in her heyday on the D41 school board and how absolutely awful she was to parents and community members.
    Nope, merely suggesting that they should take the time to truly understand the full community and not their respective cheering sections. I’m further suggesting that they lead based upon the wants and needs of the community - agenda free. Personally, I don’t think that’s happening.

I guess we will all find out during the next election. FWIW though, you can check my track record on these things - not sure I’ve been wrong often on predicted election results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    District 41 to vote on letting superintendent's contract expire, start search for replacement (link) Daily Herald

"Thee Glen Ellyn Elementary District 41 school board will vote Monday to start a national search to replace Superintendent Paul Gordon and allow his contract to expire in June after nearly six years in charge.

The board's vote abruptly ends months of public silence about Gordon's future in Glen Ellyn and comes in the midst of a five-way race for three board seats in April.

Teacher union leaders, who staged an October rally to support Gordon, denounced the move in the district that..."
    Another absolutely unbalanced article by Katlyn Smith and the Gordon friendly DH. Who is quoted here? The union heads, . That is balance. She's ready for the WP.
    Last edited by Clamato; 01-19-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: C'mon, man

- not sure I’ve been wrong often on predicted election results.
    Didn't you vote for Cooper a few cycles ago?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

If you watch closely, historically President Clark or Dr. Gordon himself usually make statements right at the beginning of the meeting whenever anything the community considers controversial is happening. Concerns are addressed from the gate. I wouldn't be too surprised if this happens Monday night.

By all accounts Gordon has been looking for another job for 2+ years. Most superintendent gigs generally last about five years; that's why so many educators go into it at the end of their career. It's inherently a politically charged position. Hopefully, Gordon has learned a thing or two and, with his glowing recommendations from Mrs. Sury, Mrs. Herbold and GEEA, he won't have any trouble finding a new position. There are a lot of openings out there.

There are over $1.6 million reasons why she won. More money than any other state rep candidate got. These 3 candidates running against Clark-Buchholz are terrible candidates. Buttimer? She said, out loud, at a board meeting that a couple hundred dollar tax decrease is 'insignificant'. I served on the Facilities Committee with Ted Estes. I wouldn't vote for him, position is irrelevant. And, I don't know her but was told that Hill isn't much different than Buttimer.

More importantly, Clark and Buchholz have worked hard for all of us. They absolutely deserve our vote. If you have been paying attention, you now this to be true. Those like Love are blinded by their own ridiculousness.

I've been watching this district for at least the last 8-9 years and can say without reservation that Glen Ellyn D 41, and the families of the district will be served best by reelecting both Stephanie Clark and Kurt Buchholz.