Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Elliott stands up for us

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    You want to share a bourbon? Never had a bourbon. I will be volunteering at the ToLE this year since my photography'ing is over. We can sit near the roundabout and enjoy one with Yoss.
    https://michters.com/whiskey/kentucky-straight-bourbon/

My friend Pete L. turned me on to this stuff. Been downhill ever since.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Been downhill ever since.
    Any further downhill and you’ll be living in Brad’s house.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    More on Ozog, here is from her candidate interview with the DH.

4. With DuPage County's budget being squeezed by state funding cuts and other factors, what initiatives would you support to increase revenue and/or save money?

A.) Roll back the county board salary to 2016 levels.In 2016, the DuPage County Board (including my incumbent opponent) voted to raise their own salaries (many incumbents will also receive a pension for this PART TIME JOB and board members currently receive benefits including health care). Previously their salary was $50,000; they are now receiving $52,000. In neighboring Kane County, county board members receive $25,000, HALF of that amount. As a taxpayer I found this pay raise offensive, especially in light of the loss of almost $4 million in state of Illinois funding to DuPage County in 2016-2018, and cuts proposed last fall to the sheriff's office's staffing and budget. This pay raise has cost taxpayers $64,000 in 2017 and 2018. I noticed DuPage County earlier this year granted a $1,500 College of DuPage scholarship; this pay raise could have given 42 more students that same scholarship opportunity. Currently the only Democrat on the board (who voted against the raise) returns her raise the county general fund. If elected, I will be donating the 2016 raise amount ($2,000) to Bridge Communities, a local not-for-profit working to transition local homeless families to self-sufficiency.

Looking forward to hearing her say she will only accept half her salary or at the least donating it for scholarships at COD.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Agree.

Focusing on the important things.

Like the 2019 Intelligentsia race in GE. Has a date been set?

I want to be one of them, there Course Marshalls again.
    July 20th - touroflakeellyn.com

Or, it better be, or the Village of Glen Ellyn Events Bookmark will be incorrect.
    Last edited by GE Love; 01-15-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: couldn't access link.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Talked to one of the teams that attend the event every year, they say it is easily the best course they ride. They love it and will not miss it. We need to get more people to attend.

off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    All I am saying is that you are wasting your talents on a local level. You should take your game national where the huge waste is. Concentrate on draining the swamp, etc.
    My friend, Adam Andrzejewski, has got that covered pretty well at openthebooks.com. He appears all over TV also.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    off topic!
    It only took 2 pages this time. Well done everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I want to be one of them, there Course Marshalls again.
    Me too!

I'm hoping Yoss and I can get a more interesting location this year with a hairpin turn or something. I did get to watch Officer Perez kick some soccer-playing kids off of the Memorial Park athletic field, however (and then they just returned a few moments later).

Forum Demi-god
    From the Herald story....

"Tim Elliott said he raised the issue of health benefits to board Chairman Dan Cronin months ago, but decided to do it again after the Daily Herald printed an editorial on the topic this week."

Awkward...Cronin doesn't think Elliott stands for "us" really, his words...

" Michelle's opponent (Elliott) in this race is at the center of the strife, dysfunction, waste and escalating legal costs now paralyzing the College of DuPage Board. Conflict and controversy follow this College of DuPage lawyer wherever he goes. I ask you to keep that element away from our County Board..."

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-...n-mailer-1.pdf

Awkward indeed.
    Last edited by Cliché; 01-16-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    From the Herald story....

"Tim Elliott said he raised the issue of health benefits to board Chairman Dan Cronin months ago, but decided to do it again after the Daily Herald printed an editorial on the topic this week."

Awkward...Cronin doesn't think Elliott stands for "us" really, his words...

" Michelle's opponent (Elliott) in this race is at the center of the strife, dysfunction, waste and escalating legal costs now paralyzing the College of DuPage Board. Conflict and controversy follow this College of DuPage lawyer wherever he goes. I ask you to keep that element away from our County Board..."

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-...n-mailer-1.pdf

Awkward indeed.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did Cronin ever jump into the COD-Brueder controversy on the people's behalf? And, besides this whole election commission/clerk combining thing, what the heck has the great consolidator actually consolidated? Oh, that's right-he merged his sister onto the Liquor Commission a number of years ago, where she still sits. I'll bet a number of you know your liquor as well as she does. Point is, Cliché, you are tarring Elliott's rep by using a semi useless 16yr(?) state senator and how many year DuPage County head admin, who makes a boatload of money($130-140K plus bennys) for essentially, for him, a PART-TIME job, while he lawyers at his firm in Oakbrook. To me, using a Cronin criticism on Elliott makes Elliott even better. For my money, and my money is involved, I'd flip the two positions and people. If you, Cliché, want to rip Elliott, you need real ammo, not an empty Dan Cronin ad.

Forum Demi-god
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did Cronin ever jump into the COD-Brueder controversy on the people's behalf? And, besides this whole election commission/clerk combining thing, what the heck has the great consolidator actually consolidated? Oh, that's right-he merged his sister onto the Liquor Commission a number of years ago, where she still sits. I'll bet a number of you know your liquor as well as she does. Point is, Cliché, you are tarring Elliott's rep by using a semi useless 16yr(?) state senator and how many year DuPage County head admin, who makes a boatload of money($130-140K plus bennys) for essentially, for him, a PART-TIME job, while he lawyers at his firm in Oakbrook. To me, using a Cronin criticism on Elliott makes Elliott even better. For my money, and my money is involved, I'd flip the two positions and people. If you, Cliché, want to rip Elliott, you need real ammo, not an empty Dan Cronin ad.
    Your participation at this Forum is a cancer. Why do you have to attack and treat others you do not know with disdain and hate? I am making zero criticism of Mr. Elliott, as a matter of fact if you were to read older threads you would see I took offense at that particular ad that went out attacking Mr. Elliott (link provided below). Can you slow down your knee-jerk mind for one second to absorb what others are posting, or are you so filled with anger and rage that you simply start throwing punches with the keyboard?

My point, because the red hue you read it through blinds you, is this...Mr. Cronin does not believe Elliott is against waste, he is on the record believing Mr. Elliott is part of the problem. I did not make up the quote, I simply provided evidence of it. Period. And I think it is awkward. Good day.

http://glenellynforum.com/showthread...ll=1#post30336

OK, so these were the two sentences directed at you, Cliche:

... Point is, Cliché, you are tarring Elliott's rep by using a semi useless 16yr(?) state senator and how many year DuPage County head admin, who makes a boatload of money($130-140K plus bennys) for essentially, for him, a PART-TIME job, while he lawyers at his firm in Oakbrook..... If you, Cliché, want to rip Elliott, you need real ammo, not an empty Dan Cronin ad.

And this was your retort directed at him:

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Your participation at this Forum is a cancer. Why do you have to attack and treat others you do not know with disdain and hate?... are you so filled with anger and rage that you simply start throwing punches with the keyboard?

My point, because the red hue you read it through blinds you, is this...... Good day.
    Did I miss something? Where exactly was the cancerous disdain and hate? The anger, the rage - the punches thrown at the keyboard?

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    OK, so these were the two sentences directed at you, Cliche:

And this was your retort directed at him:
    What, are you our documentarian now?

Cancer back at ya. You post things and then say that you aren't criticizing because they aren't your words. Well, you are promoting a point of view, same darn difference. And, worse, because you aren't even standing up for what you are posting. You were criticizing Elliott, thru others words.

You posted negative stuff about Nathwani and now Elliott. Did you say or post anything negative about Ozog? She is one of those taking the benefits. She sold us down the river on the 6% teachers' retirement issue. But, you can only find fault here with one side of the aisle. And then, can't even own what you are posting.