Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Elliott stands up for us

Tim Elliott stands up for us

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...insurance-perk

So, Tim Elliott is trying to cut unnecessary health benefits for PART TIME County Board positions. Kudos to him.

Did you notice who is partaking of these benefits?

Democrats Elizabeth Chaplin of Downers Grove, Sadia Covert of Naperville, Mary FitzGerald Ozog of Glen Ellyn and Dawn DeSart of Aurora and Republicans Jim Healy of Naperville, Pete DiCianni of Elmhurst and Brian Krajewski of Downers Grove.
    Ozog is also getting dental benefits. Mary Ozog. I told you all that she was no good. Didn't give a crap about us while on D 87 and now, as soon as she gets on the County Board, she sticks her hand in the till. Hey Mary, how about following Elliott's lead? Your salary for the board is plenty, don't you think?

Left in the comments on Ozog's County Board page-

So, if I have this correct....You are entitled to benefits for a part time job paying over $52,000, in your mind, because you didn't receive any pay or benefits while serving on the D87 board. Why don't you just knock on my door, with a jar, so that I can fill that up with cash for you? $52,000 for a part-time job, Mary. Cry me a river. AND, dental coverage, too. I, like most people, don't have any dental coverage. But, I'm paying for yours. You are just full of it. And, you think that you are entitled. I hope that the D's are proud that 3 of their new County Board members that thumbed their noses at the citizens of DuPage by grabbing what they could. You are showing your base that their vote was wasted.

And, yes. there are others taking one or both of these benefits. This should be eliminated.

And, to show that this isn't just partisan stuff, I have been trying to get the Township to drop IMRF retirement benefits for 2 of our part-time elected officials, the Milton Township Supervisor Chris Heidorn and the Milton Township Clerk, Gail Hinkle. Neither should be getting a penny of pension benefits. Don't think that I haven't tried to force this issue. Benefits for part-time public officials is just wrong. These people are all compensated very adequately for their positions.

My point about Mary is, she didn't take the high road, like some other new board members have done, and not burden the taxpayers just because she could. We (well not me) made a mistake in electing her. She could do the right thing and rescind this coverage, especially if it might get voted away anyways. I won't hold my breath.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    ...And, to show that this isn't just partisan stuff...
    More importantly, per the article board members taking the benefits are split about 50/50 across party lines.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...insurance-perk

So, Tim Elliott is trying to cut unnecessary health benefits for PART TIME County Board positions. Kudos to him.

Did you notice who is partaking of these benefits?

Democrats Elizabeth Chaplin of Downers Grove, Sadia Covert of Naperville, Mary FitzGerald Ozog of Glen Ellyn and Dawn DeSart of Aurora and Republicans Jim Healy of Naperville, Pete DiCianni of Elmhurst and Brian Krajewski of Downers Grove.

Ozog is also getting dental benefits. Mary Ozog. I told you all that she was no good. Didn't give a crap about us while on D 87 and now, as soon as she gets on the County Board, she sticks her hand in the till. Hey Mary, how about following Elliott's lead? Your salary for the board is plenty, don't you think?
    2019 has brought about a change for the better, I see.

Just want to make certain that I understand where you're coming from and to clarify that when you are eligible for Medicare, which I am guessing is right around the corner, that you will be declining it in its entirety as all good, true, and fiscally concerned America Patriots would do. MOzog addressed the issue in the Daily Herald comment section and it doesn't seem quite as nefarious as you are making it seem. If an entity or employer offers benefits, that you are eligible to use and participate in, it does not make you a bad person simply because the self-appointed Watchdawg of Milton Township does not like you and and yells at the top of his keyboard lungs about it on a withering community message board. And I do not believe that Mr. Elliott would say any differently. That he wants to purge them is one thing, but I am guessing he would not look at Ozog's use of current benefits as anything but legal and ethically way above board.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post

Just want to make certain that I understand where you're coming from and to clarify that when you are eligible for Medicare, which I am guessing is right around the corner, that you will be declining it in its entirety as all good, true, and fiscally concerned America Patriots would do. MOzog addressed the issue in the Daily Herald comment section and it doesn't seem quite as nefarious as you are making it seem. If an entity or employer offers benefits, that you are eligible to use and participate in, it does not make you a bad person simply because the self-appointed Watchdawg of Milton Township does not like you and and yells at the top of his keyboard lungs about it on a withering community message board. And I do not believe that Mr. Elliott would say any differently. That he wants to purge them is one thing, but I am guessing he would not look at Ozog's use of current benefits as anything but legal and ethically way above board.
    your argument is comparing apples and oranges. All working stiffs (and employers) have money taken out of their paycheck for SS/medicare/etc. This insurance described here comes at a cost to the dupage county taxpayers (they cover the employer portion) yet they do not receive a benefit.

Again, if the Affordable Care plans are so great, then she (and the other board members) should take on those.

DTM

Cleanse away everything except the fact that she is a new member of the County Board and has opted for both health and dental benefits, whose costs will be borne by all of us. According to her own words, it appears her justification is that she wasn't compensated for her 2 terms on a school board. I certainly don't find this a breath of fresh air. Yes, it is on both sides of the aisle. Yes, some of her fellow newbies didn't take these benefits. It should be voted out by the board. We shouldn't be a source of such benefits for part time public officials. See my comments earlier.
    I never said this was illegal or unethical.

Never mind. Misread it.

Cleanse away everything except the fact that she is a new member of the County Board and has opted for both health and dental benefits, whose costs will be borne by all of us. According to her own words, it appears her justification is that she wasn't compensated for her 2 terms on a school board. I certainly don't find this a breath of fresh air. Yes, it is on both sides of the aisle. Yes, some of her fellow newbies didn't take these benefits. It should be voted out by the board. We shouldn't be a source of such benefits for part time public officials. See my comments earlier.
    I never said this was illegal or unethical.
    Well, I am glad that you were able to focus in on something that a Democrat did. Since you're such a fiscal hawk, one would assume that you are livid with what is going on with the current administration in Washington, correct? You've got a 73 year-old man who thinks cutting edge border security is brought about by spending $25-30B on a wall . . . as if we were in the middle ages. Good thing oil prices are as low as they are so we can boil some up and dump it on those Mexicans that won't pony up the cost. Can't imagine how you feel about the other stuff, but I am guessing you've been sleepless the better part of the past two years.

Anyway, good on you to hone in on and berate a woman who, by my count, is 4 for 4 in election wins. Somebody must like her. If you were as concerned as you claim to be, why have you not run for some sort of office and fix things from the inside? Throw your hat in the ring!

Whether we should or should not be a source, we currently ARE a source and it is pithy AF to point out someone who is legally take advantage of that program.

****! I am so sorry. I forgot about that.

Anyway, be happy to sit down with a bourbon and discuss the rampant corruption in DC some night.

Well, I am glad that you were able to focus in on something that a Democrat did. Since you're such a fiscal hawk, one would assume that you are livid with what is going on with the current administration in Washington, correct? You've got a 73 year-old man who thinks cutting edge border security is brought about by spending $25-30B on a wall . . . as if we were in the middle ages. Good thing oil prices are as low as they are so we can boil some up and dump it on those Mexicans that won't pony up the cost. Can't imagine how you feel about the other stuff, but I am guessing you've been sleepless the better part of the past two years.

Anyway, good on you to hone in on and berate a woman who, by my count, is 4 for 4 in election wins. Somebody must like her. If you were as concerned as you claim to be, why have you not run for some sort of office and fix things from the inside? Throw your hat in the ring!

Whether we should or should not be a source, we currently ARE a source and it is pithy AF to point out someone who is legally take advantage of that program.
    So, we get rid of the National thread and we delete threads that aren't about Glen Ellyn area candidates(Underwood, etc.), and you start in on the President and the wall. Do as I say but not...….hmmm?

What does her record have to do with criticizing her?

More on Ozog, here is from her candidate interview with the DH.

4. With DuPage County's budget being squeezed by state funding cuts and other factors, what initiatives would you support to increase revenue and/or save money?

A.) Roll back the county board salary to 2016 levels.In 2016, the DuPage County Board (including my incumbent opponent) voted to raise their own salaries (many incumbents will also receive a pension for this PART TIME JOB and board members currently receive benefits including health care). Previously their salary was $50,000; they are now receiving $52,000. In neighboring Kane County, county board members receive $25,000, HALF of that amount. As a taxpayer I found this pay raise offensive, especially in light of the loss of almost $4 million in state of Illinois funding to DuPage County in 2016-2018, and cuts proposed last fall to the sheriff's office's staffing and budget. This pay raise has cost taxpayers $64,000 in 2017 and 2018. I noticed DuPage County earlier this year granted a $1,500 College of DuPage scholarship; this pay raise could have given 42 more students that same scholarship opportunity. Currently the only Democrat on the board (who voted against the raise) returns her raise the county general fund. If elected, I will be donating the 2016 raise amount ($2,000) to Bridge Communities, a local not-for-profit working to transition local homeless families to self-sufficiency.

Notice her comment about the PART-TIME JOB and that she even commented on the benefits INCLUDING HEALTH CARE. You talk about speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Also these comments---

I am running for the DuPage County Board because I believe that for too long there have not been independent voices to challenge spending and policies decided by the DuPage County Board. I strongly believe that one-party government serves the Party, not us citizens, and with only one Democrat currently serving on the board there are not enough independent voices to serve us.

You talk about speaking out of both sides of her mouth, so she's an INDEPENDENT? Or, are there too few Democrats? Now that there are 7 on the board, she'll find her 'inner' independent voice? PUHLEEZE. I trust that she won't forget about that donation she promised.

Is she your neighbor? I didn't say she was a bad person. I have said she was a lousy D87 board member and has followed that with sticking her fingers in our pockets for health and dental benefits that she had felt strongly enough against to comment on as a candidate. In other words, she is full of something.

Agree.

Focusing on the important things.

Like the 2019 Intelligentsia race in GE. Has a date been set?

I want to be one of them, there Course Marshalls again.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    You want to share a bourbon? Never had a bourbon. I will be volunteering at the ToLE this year since my photography'ing is over. We can sit near the roundabout and enjoy one with Yoss.

So, we get rid of the National thread and we delete threads that aren't about Glen Ellyn area candidates(Underwood, etc.), and you start in on the President and the wall. Do as I say but not....hmmm?

What does her record have to do with criticizing her?
    All I am saying is that you are wasting your talents on a local level. You should take your game national where the huge waste is. Concentrate on draining the swamp, etc.