Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Elliott stands up for us

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Cancer back at ya. You post things and then say that you aren't criticizing because they aren't your words. Well, you are promoting a point of view, same darn difference. And, worse, because you aren't even standing up for what you are posting. You were criticizing Elliott, thru others words.

You posted negative stuff about Nathwani and now Elliott. Did you say or post anything negative about Ozog? She is one of those taking the benefits. She sold us down the river on the 6% teachers' retirement issue. But, you can only find fault here with one side of the aisle. And then, can't even own what you are posting.
    My point of view was that the Cronin and Elliott relationship is awkward. Period. Distort all you want, that is what you do rather than address the issues as presented. I provided evidence that I thought Mr. Cronin's ad, when sent, was repulsive. But you'll probably say I didn't mean that then.

Yes, I posted negative stuff about Nathwani. No, I did not post negative stuff on Elliott. Yes, I posted negative stuff about Cronin.

On Ozog, I thought the thread was comical from the beginning, but it is your opinion and I believe you have the right to it, not going to tell you that you are wrong. While I agreed there is waste and that the medical benefits (I don't know enough about them) could be part of that waste, I can not direct blame at any one person, including Ms. Ozog, for accepting benefits offered to them as part of their compensation package. That said, who came up with the bennie? That Board has been Republican led for forever.
    Last edited by Cliché; 01-17-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Thrilled to be back monitoring this site again!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    My point of view was that the Cronin and Elliott relationship is awkward. Period. Distort all you want, that is what you do rather than address the issues as presented. I provided evidence that I thought Mr. Cronin's ad, when sent, was repulsive. But you'll probably say I didn't mean that then.

Yes, I posted negative stuff about Nathwani. No, I did not post negative stuff on Elliott. Yes, I posted negative stuff about Cronin.

On Ozog, I thought the thread was comical from the beginning, but it is your opinion and I believe you have the right to it, not going to tell you that you are wrong. While I agreed there is waste and that the medical benefits (I don't know enough about them) could be part of that waste, I can not direct blame at any one person, including Ms. Ozog, for accepting benefits offered to them as part of their compensation package. That said, who came up with the bennie? That Board has been Republican lead for forever.

FYI: I believe Mr. Elliot voted to approve this benefit both in the Spring of 2018 and when he voted for the final County Budget a few months ago in November. I am posting my response on Mr. Elliott's (and my own) Facebook page this past Saturday to his Daily Herald story which appeared Friday night. As I've noted in my response the first I knew about Mr. Elliott's position on this issue was when I read it Friday evening in the Daily Herald. I also want to note, for the record: I noted my service on the Glenbard Board to highlight that I have served the community as an elected official without pay or benefits for the better part of a decade. I DID NOT run for this position for either the salary or the benefits. I ran because I think single party government (which we had before November on this board, with only one Democrat and 17 Republicans) is wrong and I wanted to act as a check and balance on a body that had a lone voice, Naperville Democrat Liz Chaplin, willing to challenge the status quo on this board. With the advent of 6 New Democrats (Liz now makes 7) clearly, the voters agreed with me. As I've said before, I sincerely thank all of you who supported me.

My Facebook response:
    "In reference to Tim Elliott ‘s comments on health care for county board members first please note that I served with no pay or benefits for 8 years on the Glenbard District 87 High School Board.
    I’m sure each board member has their own reasons for signing up for health care benefits. Here’s mine:
    My husband is transitioning into Medicare. I applied this week for insurance so my college student daughter and I would be covered when his Medicare is approved. I will be paying approximately $6000.00 a year for our high-deductible plan.
    My understanding is that since this is a stated benefit it can not be changed until the next board is seated in January, 2021. Since Mr. Elliott didn’t speak to me before going to the press, I’ll share my opinion right now. If the paid health care benefit is eliminated for the board I would only ask that board members be able to have access to the county’s health care, paying their full cost. I am very concerned that if the current lawsuit seeking to declare the ACA unconstitutional is successful, there will be no health insurance exchanges left in a few years and many of us without employer plans (AND pre-existing conditions) will have no access to ANY health care. Mr. Elliott and his family have access to health care through his position as a partner in a DuPage law firm.
    Obviously this is a larger issue than just my family and I’m sure access to health care impacts many of my constituents in District 4.
    I look forward to discussing this with my fellow board members. Doing what’s right for my constituents was always my first concern for the past 8 years on the Glenbard District 87 Board and will be for the next 4 years for District 4. Thank you."

Thanks for your response Mary...and your service.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Thank you for your response and service, Mary. I am grateful that we have someone with your grace and dignity representing us in government. I am sure you are missed at D87...

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ozog View Post
    I also want to note, for the record: I noted my service on the Glenbard Board to highlight that I have served the community as an elected official without pay or benefits for the better part of a decade.
    That was a real political misstep, one that certainly gained a lot of attention. Here it was, the first sentence from the Daily Herald:

Mary FitzGerald Ozog
    In reference to Tim Elliott‘s comments on health care for county board members first please note that I served with no pay or benefits for 8 years on the Glenbard District 87 High School Board.
    Rightly or wrongly, many read that as written, as "entitlement" - that you are "owed" this because you served with no pay or benefits for 8 years on the Glenbard D87 High School Board.

I believe a similar sense of entitlement was invoked by the Naperville Democratic Party Chair to justify her free four star meals and wine while serving on the College of DuPage D502 School Board.

Thank you for your response and clarifying your earlier remarks.

Last edited by jombl; 01-17-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo

Thank you for your response, Ms Ozog - and for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Thrilled to be back monitoring this site again!
    c4jt321.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    One of my favorites

Just a lonely man on a corner...

Delete my posts, don’t delete his attacks. Cool.

Not alone. I started a club for that, you can be Secretary and I can be President, or vice versa.

I didn't do it. I don't have a fancy Admin sign on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    One of my favorites
    The GIF is better, but I couldn’t post it. One of my favs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Not alone. I started a club for that, you can be Secretary and I can be President, or vice versa.
    Well, soon, the crazy dude yelling at everyone on this corner will be yelling at no one. It will be his corner and can yell all he wants at all the Google bots that visit.

Forum All Star

It's not an attack. It's a discussion of the topic at hand, a subject that Ms. Ozog herself has addressed in now numerous forums. It could not be more appropriate a topic.

You're a lonely man in a corner for thinking that a discussion of a single sentence in the Daily Herald comments section is either of real import or is going to hurt Ms. Ozog. She gains far more strength and political support from interacting than she will lose by an errant sentence. And she'll only get better at and sharpen her scalpel by encountering these minor bumps. She's years from an election and I expect that she will continue to be a formidable communicator. Twitter may be the national platform of choice, but locally it's the front porch, Facebook and forums. It's a powerful skill to be able to speak outside your own partisan echo chamber and interact with the public at large.

I personally thought very highly of her post from 4:54am a few weeks ago. I was lucky enough to be posting at that moment (the odd times stuck in my head) and wish she hadn't deleted it.
    Last edited by jombl; 01-17-2019 at 11:10 AM.