Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Policy Meeting Jan. 14 on transgender bathrooms

Forum All Star

Policy Meeting Jan. 14 on transgender bathrooms

https://www.glenbard87.org/wp-conten...-14-Agenda.pdf

Is this opaque enough? D 87 is continuing on its road to make their bathrooms accessible totally accessible for transgender students or adults or those pretending to be transgender.

The above listing is for the Policy Committee's meeting in Glendale Heights on Monday night.

Normally, no one comes to policy meetings.

The Policy Committee doesn't have an opportunity for public participation. But, surprise, surprise (insert your Gomer Pyle imitation) since there are 3 members of this committee, they HAVE to allow public participation or they will be violating the Open Meetings Act. Just like D 41 started allowing public participation at the Finance Committee meetings (RIP).

So, on Monday night, I believe that 87 is looking to create policy change that would get voted on at the Jan. 28th board meeting.

If anyone doesn't believe that your child should share a bathroom will the other sex, you have an opportunity to speak about it, where you pay your taxes to. The board and admin obviously would like to pass this without your knowledge. DON'T LET THEM SNEAK THIS PAST YOU.

There is no eyeroll emoji big enough for me to express my heartache at the thought of "transgender" students having to take a **** in a bathroom whose sex they don't "identify" themselves with.

they should just change the labels on the door to either "XX" or "XY", that would remove the debate on which one you should use.....

Forum All Star
    Around 35 people crammed into last night's Policy Committee Meeting. They aren't used to anyone at their meetings, so I get that some at the table that must have been staff weren't introduced. It would have been nice to associate the opinion with the admin name.

After fighting to get Public Participation allowed, successfully, I found that the 'all inclusive' people are happy to be given special privileges . A Karen Andes (sp), representing some alternative group, was allowed to speak for a pre agreed upon 10 minutes. Just a citizen, same as me. She has no standing as D87 personnel, as part of the committee. This should never have happened.

If you aren't familiar with her, as I wasn't, you should raise your antennae up. She wants you to dance to her music. If you have a young person at any of the D87 schools, you need to call or email your board members and attend Jan. 28 and Feb. 11 to be on top of this situation. It's not about equity, as she says, it's about your kids having to change their daily routines to move into Andes' world. Thank the Lord I don't have kids in D87. If I had a daughter that found a male with a Leslie Gore wave in his/her hair walk into the locker room, I wouldn't be too pleased. The issue isn't simple but surely the 99.9% must be afforded their privacy in locker rooms and restrooms.

The meeting finished with a vote as to where everyone was on picking one of 4 paths forward. Number #1, to adapt the first sentence only of 2 sentences brought up by Andes, got the most votes. My take was the first sentence wasn't as smothering as the second. Sorry I don't have the exact verbiage, but I'm sure that one of the committee members will have it.

Forum Regular
    Finding it excruciatingly hard to follow the "New Rules" when garbage like this hate is spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Finding it excruciatingly hard to follow the "New Rules" when garbage like this hate is spewed.
    Researching who the person is.

So, here is my thinking. This person, whom I cannot identify and may actually not have the name stated, came to a public meeting and pushed their agenda on the record. Like many, I find Mr. Ack's view of the world to be disturbing (and our current inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania has given these cats wings to fly and spew their formerly held tight to the vest absurdities), not certain he has crossed the line other than offering up his opinion and solidifying many's feelings about the type of person that he is. Therefore, really no harm. It is what you expect and his personal belief.

One thing I have always found funny. The people who express to society their superiority when it comes to pretty much everything over others are typically the ones who you look at and say, "Really? You're what God intended as the mold for normalcy?"

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I describe an event, give a little of my take on someone whose opinion is very controversial and wants the overwhelming majority to change for her views and Love's head explodes. If you want to talk about spewing hate, look in YOUR mirror first. That is where the hate is emulating from, make no mistake.

There was no hate openly displayed by anyone last night. Just opinions. We don't all agree on this topic. It would take, though, someone who wasn't there to decide that hate was spewed.

I take offense that GE Love calls wanting to have males in one bathroom and females in another as a position of "hate".

This stuff is being carried to absurdities that are hardly worth contemplating. If you have male parts - go to a male bathroom. If you have female parts - go to a female bathroom. As you sit on the porcelain throne you can contemplate your gender confusion. Just do it in the correct room designated for a person with the parts they've got.

I don't understand why the policy makers and these advocates only acknowledge/honor the feelings of this fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the population.

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    So, here is my thinking. This person, whom I cannot identify and may actually not have the name stated, came to a public meeting and pushed their agenda on the record. Like many, I find Mr. Ack's view of the world to be disturbing (and our current inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania has given these cats wings to fly and spew their formerly held tight to the vest absurdities), not certain he has crossed the line other than offering up his opinion and solidifying many's feelings about the type of person that he is. Therefore, really no harm. It is what you expect and his personal belief.

One thing I have always found funny. The people who express to society their superiority when it comes to pretty much everything over others are typically the ones who you look at and say, "Really? You're what God intended as the mold for normalcy?"
    So, as I figured, your suggestion elsewhere to take my talents to a national platform was totally disingenuous. I find your views to be disturbing also, but I'm not going to be as presumptive and use the term 'like many'. I know that I wasn't the only one present last night that disagreed with the woman's 10 minute diatribe. You, like Love, weren't there.

Some people identify with the other gender. Other people pretend that they have kids that they should feel outraged for.

A lot of minorities at play here.
    Last edited by Minnesoter; 01-15-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Forum All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I take offense that GE Love calls wanting to have males in one bathroom and females in another as a position of "hate".

This stuff is being carried to absurdities that are hardly worth contemplating. If you have male parts - go to a male bathroom. If you have female parts - go to a female bathroom. As you sit on the porcelain throne you can contemplate your gender confusion. Just do it in the correct room designated for a person with the parts they've got.

I don't understand why the policy makers and these advocates only acknowledge/honor the feelings of this fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the population.
    Thank you for reminding me that Love, etc. , while they are entitled to an opinion, are too spewed with hate to see this clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    Some people identify with the other gender. Other people pretend that they have kids that they should feel outraged for.

A lot of minorities at play here.
    Exactly.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    not certain he has crossed the line.....
    I have no doubt he is entitled to his opinions. My statement may say more to my inadequacy in responding to his "tight to the vest absurdities" (Love it ) without using foul language and eventually getting banned.