Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Casten / Pelosi

Forum All Star

Sean Casten / Pelosi

Day 1-He voted for Nancy Pelosi for speaker. This is what the D's of District 6 voted for? Thank the Lord a congressional term is only 2 years.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Day 1-He voted for Nancy Pelosi for speaker. This is what the D's of District 6 voted for? Thank the Lord a congressional term is only 2 years.
    I, for one, voted for someone who recognizes political smarts, experience, and toughness where necessary. I'd be disappointed if he hadn't voted for Speaker Pelosi.

Forum All Star
    Last edited by admin; 01-04-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: don't antagonize

I can go through this board and pull out all the times you basically said "suck it up and live with it until the elections" (or something to that effect) to every dem on the board countless times, but I am not going to waste my time. So, try living by what you have been saying for the past 2 years...

Not antagonizing, just stating fact.

I thought we were cleaning up this place from crap like this?

Well, she's no Dennis Hastert.

Forum All Star
    No, she's not. They both belong in the non recycle bin.

Bry, I thought you were sticking to music, a thread that I have stayed away from. Hmm.

What you think I may have said, I didn't say. Not antagonizing, just stating fact.

What I basically said above is that Darlili didn't speak clearly. Speaking clearly, I didn't vote for Casten. I went to a gathering of his and heard someone (him) that discussed at length CO2, but not so much about jobs, the economy, the border, immigration or most other MAJOR issues. Voting for Pelosi, voting for the appropriations bill without any wall funding shows me that we will be essentially unrepresented for the next 2 years. The best I can hope for with him is that he stays away from cameras and lets others like Ocasio-Cortez embarrass the country. He will, hopefully, become a blip in time. I would expect a strong competitor for him next November.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I thought we were cleaning up this place from crap like this?

Reading a criticism of a Democratic Congressman for voting for the Speaker presumptive leaves me scratching my head and asking why? And then a fight over it? WTF, seriously?

I will make one strong suggestion - take out the trolling thread title. Replace it with "Sean Casten". Thread titles should always be neutral and informative. Never should they be trolling, misdirection or clickbait.

Point taken and thread modified,

Although I'm loathe to go back in time and correct old ones.

I would just delete all trolling threads, period. Unlike headlines, most people read the title at message boards and then go in for more. The more is more of the problem than the title. Sorry for trolling outside the music thread Ack. Didn't know you were the keeper of where people can and cannot post.

The mods at this place are fine people. I will never cross them, they have enough problems dealing with all our crap. So no grief from me. You are beautiful people. But, as a board admin for 3 years, I would not allow any of this crap at this place. I would have nuked every thread and started fresh. I did that quite often where I admin it. IS there really info here that needs to be kept more than a year? I would also have hot word email notifications shot out to the admins so they can see the useless crap being posted and whack or not whack what they find unacceptable. Just a thought. Continue on while I banish myself to the music thread where I fit in.

Forum Demi-god
    IS there really info here that needs to be kept more than a year?.
    Agree with most all you have said, although I would prefer for past information to be retained...I think it has value...I could be wrong. I also would prefer locking a thread over deletion, unless of course the content is offensive or objectionable. Just my two cents.

Forum Demi-god
    Not that I care, or am complaining about, but, as we all "feel our way" with the "new" forum and rules, isn't the new thread title using "Pelosi" a "National" topic? Of which are not "promoted" here any longer?

I would just delete all trolling threads, period. Unlike headlines, most people read the title at message boards and then go in for more. The more is more of the problem than the title.
    The topic itself (unlike its original title), is not trolling in and of itself. It's banal to the point of triviality and hardly worthy of a single clock cycle.

Your suggestion of censoring (by deletion) subjects that you demand not be discussed is not going to get us, all of us together, through to the other side of this, and onto a world beyond the cold civil war entrenching itself across the nation.

This is going to be a very tough political year in our society. Hold fast to reason - and always keep yourself open to rational discourse, self-awareness and independence.

Forum Demi-god
    I would also have hot word email notifications shot out to the admins so they can see the useless crap being posted and whack or not whack what they find unacceptable.
    You mean whining?

There is that little triangle under the profiles to report...useless though.