Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean Casten / Pelosi

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    If a person is paying money to host a message board, and they are tired of the crap they are seeing, it is not censorship to remove certain posts, it is just cleaning up the shiat they want no part of. I had marching orders when I ran a board from the board owner, a band, and they didn't want certain things posted (if you only could see the crap that was posted there, about 90% of which you most certainly did not want to actually see). The board owner, the one shoveling out the cashola, has every right to delete what they find unworthy of keeping.

If I started to post up all the crap I had to deal with, with multiple IP's and logins, through multiple VPN's and the such, I bet you would "censor" my **** right quick and then say it had to be done. Being a message board owner sometimes does not have to live by the old 1st amendment when it comes to crap they are tired of.

Now, the owner here may like this, so so be it. I am just taking about my past experiences with message board administration.

If you really want to hear some stories, track down the Message Board admin of the Creed Message board between 2000 - 2003 and ask him about censorship and all the crap he had to deal with when I let loose an army of psychos on that place. OH MY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    You mean whining?

There is that little triangle under the profiles to report...useless though.
    I just reported your post.

crap, I forgot...

/crawls back to the music thread

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I just reported your post.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_t...ls_in_a_forest

Damn you, I just laughed while drinking water and my glasses and shirt are now wet. Gonna report that post as well.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Point taken and thread modified,

Although I'm loathe to go back in time and correct old ones.
    New thread title being used as a surrogate to take shots at national politics, which as you know, we've gottten away from here. Please take action and remove the entire thread.

This is not a national politics thread, please keep.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    This is not a national politics thread, please keep.
    Just being facetious (Word of the Day) and hyperbolic...and pointing out, well, never mind

Forum Demi-god
    Thankful for Casten and his Day 1 vote! Really starting to see Pelosi's leadership take control and restore balance. Last 24 hours is a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to each and every future vote, and having the opportunity to discuss them at length in this thread that Admin started (more accurately, retitled).

So, now Mr. Casten has been in office for close to 2 months. His local office just posted a phone number today. For almost 2 months he and his people weren't capable of getting a phone in their local office. And, on several occasions, his Washington office wasn't answering. It's like going from the majors to Double AA ball.

I called his office 2 weeks ago today to inquire on Casten's views on Israel and on that nasty congresswoman in Minnesota. Was told by a staffer(kept her name) she'd email or call by the end of Friday. One week later, I called again. Got a similar promise from another staffer. This Monday, called again. Talked with a nice woman, Gail, who used to be with the GELWV. She was going to facilitate a response. So far, nothing from no one. Not an answer to either question.

Is he/they that scared to even respond to these issues? Apparently. Those of you that put those little signs up for him should be really proud. It is early, but at this point he's looking like a nothingburger.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    So far, nothing from no one. Not an answer to either question.
    Maybe your reputation precedes you and they, like the rest of us, just humor you with hearing your questions and realize there is no rationale to them.

I called his office 2 weeks ago today to inquire on Casten's views on Israel and on that nasty congresswoman in Minnesota. Was told by a staffer(kept her name) she'd email or call by the end of Friday. One week later, I called again. Got a similar promise from another staffer. This Monday, called again. Talked with a nice woman, Gail, who used to be with the GELWV. She was going to facilitate a response. So far, nothing from no one. Not an answer to either question.
    It's good you're hounding him on substantive issues. If he gave you answers that would placate you, you'd support him? Sounds like an exercise in chasing down your server for a nothingshake and nothingfries to go with your nothingburger.

Forum Regular
    I called his office 2 weeks ago today to inquire on Casten's views on Israel and on that nasty congresswoman in Minnesota. Was told by a staffer(kept her name) she'd email or call by the end of Friday. One week later, I called again. So far, nothing from no one. Not an answer to either question.
    Good to know...I planned to call his office 2 weeks ago today to inquire on Casten's views on Impeachment and on that nasty President in Washington. Thanks for saving me the time.

An article from the March 23rd DH. It includes the misinformation(fake news) that Casten has held 5 Townhalls in 70 days.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...ks-may-20-date

The last paragraph---
    Casten has held five townhalls in the last 70 days and hopes to connect with Republicans in the district. He told his staff, "if nobody stands up and gets angry we're not doing it right. It's easy to get your believers to come to the table but we've got to get people to come who have a difference of opinion and hear them out."

Bull----. He's held one.

The writer didn't do her homework. She got the number from Casten's staff, who might tell you that a burger is a chicken sandwich. When pressed, here is the list that she sent me via Casten's office

Here's the list from his staff: Jan 13th Wheaton TownhallJan 22nd Algonquin Shutdown Roundtable and TownhallFeb 18th Crystal Lake Townhall with Congresswoman UnderwoodFeb 21st LWV Town Hall at Cantigny in WheatonMar 17th Indivisible NWIL Townhall in Crystal Lake

The breakdown of the BS
    1-Jan. 13 Wheaton. This was at the VFW. I was there. This meeting was all about the shutdown. He wasn't interested in answering questions on anything but. A couple got thru, but this was NO townhall.
    2-Jan. 22 Algonquin Same event as #1. No townhall.
    3-Feb. 18 Crystal Lake with Congresswonan Underwood. I'll call this the one townhall in the group.
    4-Feb. 21 LWV Wheaton. If you have ever gone to a LWV Candidate Forum, the last thing that you would call this is a townhall. No brainer.
    5-March 17 Indivisible NWIL in Crystal Lake. Are you kidding me? Indivisble is a highly partisan left group. I attended a Indivisible Glen Ellyn 'townhall' 2 years ago. Indivisible has a problem understanding the concept of townhall meetings. The last thing that this was is a townhall.

My issue is that the writer, because of a lack of knowledge/lack of homework put out info that was wrong. He has done one townhall, and in Crystal Lake. What does that do for anyone around here? The last paragraph also insinuates that he wants to connect with Republicans. Based on my calls to both of his offices over the last month or so, I call BS on that statement. He wants to connect with R's? His staffer here in West Chicago, Gail, a former LWV in GE, has heard from me a number of times. If he was interested, they've got my info.

Forum Regular
    I saw a van in town that said the same thing.