Thread: Dishwasher Rec

Dishwasher Rec

Looks like we are about to end our relationship with our second Bosch dishwasher. Have owned four Bosch appliances and I give them a solid C+ . . . so will not be replacing our current machine with that brand.

Anyone have a new one that is good . . . enough? Bosch ownership has me setting the bar pretty low.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Looks like we are about to end our relationship with our second Bosch dishwasher.
    I don't tend to get involved with our dishwashers, I hate breakups.

https://www.consumerreports.org/dish...washer-brands/

Our GE still good after 13 years...it will now break tomorrow as I write this.

We have a Kitchenaid - came with the house, I'm going to guess it's 16 years old (based upon age of current kitchen iteration). Has had one repair in the 13 years we have owned the house. I'm sure it's horrendously energy inefficient, but it works and works well.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    We recently replaced a Kitchen-Aid with a Bosch. Decided not to roll the dice on a repair call for the Kitchen-Aid because it was getting up in the 9-10 year range. Other than the sudden inexplicable failure, it had been great.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Looks like we are about to end our relationship with our second Bosch dishwasher. Have owned four Bosch appliances and I give them a solid C+ . . . so will not be replacing our current machine with that brand.

Anyone have a new one that is good . . . enough? Bosch ownership has me setting the bar pretty low.
    How could you have not asked me directly!?! I thought you valued my opinion. Now my feelings are hurt.

We have a Miele and it does a very good job. I have to clean the little screen/filter in the bottom periodically, but it gets everything reliably clean (wine glasses to baking pans and there is no water spotting on the Economy cycle.) What else can you ask for?

our 15 year old whirlpool is still plugging along.....