Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Things Happening in The New Year!

New Things Happening in The New Year!

For the past 8-9 years, Bob and I have sought to bring a useful and free communication asset to the village. Somewhere along the line, that attempt derailed. I mean REALLY derailed. I'm not certain how, not certain why. That anyone would come here to be entertained, look for information, or catch up on community events is really quite extraordinary. I blame myself . . . but mostly Bob . . . and as such, feel the need to rectify the situation or pull the plug on individuals (hey . . . you'll always have Facebook) or the product itself. Especially now as I have lost a moderator and had requests by others to get off the Merry-Go-Round while the getting is good. Or not so good.

So starting in 2019, everyone is going back to square one. The good news is the new year brings a new beginning. All past transgressions, which I certainly do not need to explain, will be forgiven. Everyone will start out with the grade of "A" for "Angel." Are you on suspension now? Great news! Come next Tuesday, you're back in the game!

If you cannot or will not make this place a fun, informative, welcoming, and/or cool place to hang out, much like my very own home is, you will face the following consequences:

Bad Behavior One: You will receive a grade of "B" for "Bad Boy/Girl." You will be blocked for a period of one week.

Bad Behavior Two: You will receive a grade of "C" for "C'mon, man (or woman) . . . you have already been banned once." You will be blocked for a period of two weeks.

Bad Behavior Three: You will skip the grade of "D" and go straight to "F" for "**** off. You obviously don't understand what we are trying to do here." Your IP address, email address, and User Names will be blocked from further participation.

As many of you have seen in the past, I do not know what I am doing when it comes to moderating this site. I can barely fire up my computers at work every morning. And I am heavy handed. Since I now have the pleasure of lording over this thing due to the departure of the long time moderator and friend, please keep in mind that I am reckless as hell and do not for one minute care about the ownership or pride of anything written on this site and will, likely inadvertently, purge anything and everything that I personally find inappropriate, intimidating, or offensive and it likely will not be recoverable.

Our goal will continue to offer the VoGE a safe, fun, informative, and entertaining site to read about upcoming events, restaurant reviews, retail experiences, respectful discussions of local politics and the figures who make up the local political scene, school and district goings on, etc., etc., etc. If you're on board, welcome. If you're off board . . . thank you for your past participation.

Happy New Year to All,

Jim

Fast forward to January 15

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    What a second.... This place has been open for 9 freakin years??? Holy ****, how can we get that time back?

Clam's memory is as good as his moderating skills.

We opened in Novemberish 2011. So......just over 7 years.

One (or both) of us had probably broken a mirror..........

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    So starting in 2019, everyone is going back to square one.
    OK, I've restored my original avatar and am ready.

I'm thinking of a pool to see who achieves level "Bad Behavior Three" first.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We opened in Novemberish 2011.
    https://patch.com/illinois/glenellyn...arts-new-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    OK, I've restored my original avatar and am ready.

I'm thinking of a pool to see who achieves level "Bad Behavior Three" first.
    Nika or GEMan

If everything is forgiven, maybe the favorite should be Big Data. Or am I being repetitive?

So starting in 2019, everyone is going back to square one. Come next Tuesday, you're back in the game!
    So, technically, we can say or do what we want until Tuesday with no ramifications?

Food reviews and appliance questions...feels like 2011 all over again here.

All past transgressions, which I certainly do not need to explain, will be forgiven. Everyone will start out with the grade of "A" for "Angel." Are you on suspension now? Great news! Come next Tuesday, you're back in the game!
    When I look at GEman's past posts, he is still listed as "banned." Are some people still banned?

Question: Since this is a new year and a new oversight for the forum, does this mean I have to un-ignore those users I've already put on ignore in 2018 and earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Question: Since this is a new year and a new oversight for the forum, does this mean I have to un-ignore those users I've already put on ignore in 2018 and earlier?
    Good question, I had a troll list of users I ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    When I look at GEman's past posts, he is still listed as "banned." Are some people still banned?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yes
    So Clamato lied