Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Steak Place

New Steak Place

While enjoying the Prairie Path yesterday, I saw that the old Bombay Joe's location is going to be a steak place

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Bombay Joe's closed? Just a horrible place for a restaurant. Good luck to them though. Hope whomever does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Bombay Joe's closed?
    Sheesh, really, wait to you find out who the President is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I know, we have discussed your thoughts on a stand alone steak place in GE.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-27-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Sheesh, really, wait to you find out who the President is.
    Nixon?

I really hope it is LBJ. He knows steaks, being from Texas.

looks like they had a soft opening over the weekend. formal "launch" on 1/11.

https://glenstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    looks like they had a soft opening over the weekend. formal "launch" on 1/11.

https://glenstation.com/
    I think it's odd that they have "steakhouse" in their name but the only steaks on the menu are an 8 oz. petit filet, a hanger steak, and a NY Strip. Kind of a poor selection. Also no mention of whether the steaks are aged, wet vs. dry, onsite/off site etc.

I'm sure I'll give a it a shot, but the antennae are up.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I think it's odd that they have "steakhouse" in their name but the only steaks on the menu are an 8 oz. petit filet, a hanger steak, and a NY Strip.
    Selection of a la carte sides is missing sautéed mushrooms and creamed spinach. Steakhouse sounds better than "House of Entrees".

Unbelievable that this place can fly under the radar and burst to life in a few months or possibly weeks, while the marquee brewpub, sushi joint, Nobel House, etc remain stalled.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Selection of a la carte sides is missing sautéed mushrooms and creamed spinach. Steakhouse sounds better than "House of Entrees".

Unbelievable that this place can fly under the radar and burst to life in a few months or possibly weeks, while the marquee brewpub, sushi joint, Nobel House, etc remain stalled.
    Yes. It is interesting how this popped up so quickly. The only conclusion I can come to is that converting an old restaurant location to a new offering requires much less village oversight than converting a non-restaurant space to a first time restaurant. Another example is how quickly McMae's was able to convert the old Wooden Barrel/Taphouse location in late 2017.

I honestly want every business to succeed that invests in GE, but there are times when first impressions give one a reason to worry...an establishment that just sells stale popcorn, an eatery that only offers PBJs, a yogurt shop with moldy fish tanks, no prices or hours displayed, no change and never open...This place, the menu, the location and the logo/name give me that funny feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    Yes. It is interesting how this popped up so quickly. The only conclusion I can come to is that converting an old restaurant location to a new offering requires much less village oversight than converting a non-restaurant space to a first time restaurant. Another example is how quickly McMae's was able to convert the old Wooden Barrel/Taphouse location in late 2017.
    Agree that it's clearly easier to re-open a spot vs a full remodel or build-out of non-restaurant spaces. However, there wasn't even a hype "coming soon" sign in the window. Or we all missed it...

Mrs Yoss and I tried it tonight, both of us had a nice experience. I had the filet, she had the lemon chicken, we both give our entrees a thumbs up. Server was good very pleasant and did a nice job. We got there at 6:00, there were 4 other tables occupied, but by 6:30 it was nearly full. I’d say it’s worth your time to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I honestly want every business to succeed that invests in GE, but there are times when first impressions give one a reason to worry...an establishment that just sells stale popcorn, an eatery that only offers PBJs, a yogurt shop with moldy fish tanks, no prices or hours displayed, no change and never open...This place, the menu, the location and the logo/name give me that funny feeling.
    I reached out to their "contact us" thing to offer free help with their online menu. Guessing the one in the dining room mirrors it. Never heard back.