Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: In The Spirit of Christmas . . .

  1. #16
    Administrator admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the ether
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post

    This is your subject, it was you that first objected to a Milton Democratic Committeman being publicly associated with the committee's own chosen Chairman, Walt Zlotow.
    That was me, Admin, who edited that post, not Moderator1. And it was edited because you were implying that a person selected/supported Zlotow to be elected Chairman, when there was no knowledge of her support of him. It would be like saying a political primary voter supported the party's winner, when they very well could have voted for a different candidate in the primary. As I wrote at the time, you can link them as a committee member - committee chair. But you can't link them as a supporter and chairman candidate. That was an unsubstantiated claim. That was the standard I applied.

  2. #17
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    ***

    Wow. The words sneaky and dishonest come to mind. Thank you, Jombl, for bringing this up.

    One may or may not like what I say, but I say it thru one name on here and am free of alternative personalities under different screennames.

    Looking back at the GE Demo Party thread, now in a perspective after the election, it is really sad that we have a number of successful candidates that have visited the Milton D's meetings and people like Ozog that are members and are obviously OK with the ignoring of the flag at monthly meetings. She will be asked about this at some point as she obviously hasn't had the guts to discuss it here. It's not like she never attended school board meetings where they always start with the Pledge of Allegiance. I assume that Casten attended meeting(s) also.
    And I only use my REAL name here.

    First: I only attended my first Milton Township Democrats meeting in November 2017 when I decided to run for County Board. Prior to that I was not active in the DuPage Democrats because I respected the non-partisan position I held as Vice President of the Glenbard 87 High School Board. I believe Mr. Zlotow was elected Chair of the Milton Township Dems in the Spring of 2017. So our Moderator was correct: I did not vote for him.

    No group worked harder to elect their candidates than the Milton Township Democrats, and the election results were their reward for their efforts. Their hard work to get out the vote was democracy in action, and as a successful candidate I thank them. They distributed THOUSANDS of pieces of literature for our Democratic candidates. Your attempts, Ackerman, to denigrate this group because they didn't say the Pledge at a meeting are, unfortunately for you, offset by the Democratic successes in the election last month. Also, this might be of interest:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_V...on_v._Barnette

    and a quote from Supreme Court Justices Black and Douglas in the concurring opinion of this decision from 1943 might also be of interest:

    "Words uttered under coercion are proof of loyalty to nothing but self-interest ... Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions."

    You, Ackerman, claim I don't have the "guts" to talk about the Pledge here. I have posted here once since April. I am happy to express my views to the public, to the press, but I don't owe you any explanations of my positions on this forum. Silence on this forum has been truly golden for me. I'll also add that, as a first generation American, I was beyond proud and moved to be sworn in in front of over 500 people December 3 at the DuPage County Auditorium. Those of us who have ties to other countries know especially well the benefits of the freedoms we enjoy here.

    As for the rest of the participants here: I know some of you supported me and I am very grateful.

    To all of you: if you have any DuPage County issues you'd like to let me know about you can reach me at Mary.ozog@dupageco.org. I have a great deal to learn in the next few months/ 4 years, and I look forward to serving and doing my best for you as I tried to do these past 7 3/4 years on the Glenbard District 87 Board.

    Signing off, with thanks to the Moderators. All the best, Mary

  3. #18
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ozog View Post
    And I only use my REAL name here.

    First: I only attended my first Milton Township Democrats meeting in November 2017 when I decided to run for County Board. Prior to that I was not active in the DuPage Democrats because I respected the non-partisan position I held as Vice President of the Glenbard 87 High School Board. I believe Mr. Zlotow was elected Chair of the Milton Township Dems in the Spring of 2017. So our Moderator was correct: I did not vote for him.

    No group worked harder to elect their candidates than the Milton Township Democrats, and the election results were their reward for their efforts. Their hard work to get out the vote was democracy in action, and as a successful candidate I thank them. They distributed THOUSANDS of pieces of literature for our Democratic candidates. Your attempts, Ackerman, to denigrate this group because they didn't say the Pledge at a meeting are, unfortunately for you, offset by the Democratic successes in the election last month. Also, this might be of interest:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_V...on_v._Barnette

    and a quote from Supreme Court Justices Black and Douglas in the concurring opinion of this decision from 1943 might also be of interest:

    "Words uttered under coercion are proof of loyalty to nothing but self-interest ... Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions."

    You, Ackerman, claim I don't have the "guts" to talk about the Pledge here. I have posted here once since April. I am happy to express my views to the public, to the press, but I don't owe you any explanations of my positions on this forum. Silence on this forum has been truly golden for me. I'll also add that, as a first generation American, I was beyond proud and moved to be sworn in in front of over 500 people December 3 at the DuPage County Auditorium. Those of us who have ties to other countries know especially well the benefits of the freedoms we enjoy here.

    As for the rest of the participants here: I know some of you supported me and I am very grateful.

    To all of you: if you have any DuPage County issues you'd like to let me know about you can reach me at Mary.ozog@dupageco.org. I have a great deal to learn in the next few months/ 4 years, and I look forward to serving and doing my best for you as I tried to do these past 7 3/4 years on the Glenbard District 87 Board.

    Signing off, with thanks to the Moderators. All the best, Mary
    Very nicely put. Mrs. O. Will always value you in the community.

  4. #19
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,986
    Mary, going thru your response----

    Good for you that you use your real name. I got outed when I ran for D 41. I figure everyone knows who Ackerman is, if they don't, it's not like they can't find out easily.

    The Democratic successes in November do not have anything to do with or offset the unwillingness to say the Pledge and honor the US Flag. No one, outside of the Milton D members(WHICH INCLUDE YOU) and those that read on here after I attended the July 2018 meeting, have a clue about this disrespect.

    Yes, Mary, I 'claim' that you don't have the guts to talk about the Pledge here. Until now, you haven't addressed it, so I guess I'm correct.

    I'll take it from the quote that you used that you have no plans to address this at a future Milton D meeting. If I'm not correct on that, please let us know. It is interesting to know that it was of enough importance to you to cite why you shouldn't have to be 'coerced' to honor the flag.

    You do represent me on the board, along with Tim and Grant. If there is a time that I contact you on an issue, I do hope that you will represent me as they have. This would be a pleasant surprise, based on your past on the D87 Board. Yes, the teachers there still have that 6% retirement clause, which doesn't serve the taxpayers at all and points to having been a union shill. That is unless you'd like to tell me that you voted against the contract.

  5. #20
    Administrator admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the ether
    Posts
    636
    As I recall, the post way back when about who voted (or didn't) for Walt for Chairman was not about Mary Ozog.

  6. #21
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Very nicely put. Mrs. O. Will always value you in the community.
    Ditto, what he said! And thank you to you and your family members for serving our Country to defend our flag and freedoms!

  7. #22
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Ditto, what he said! And thank you to you and your family members for serving our Country to defend our flag and freedoms!
    Let's be real here. I don't know about her family members but she is serving on the County Board, rather than D 87, for about $52,000 plus reasons. Not that one would accuse her of stealing, as you did of Mr. Nathwani. Also, defending the flag and freedoms? Sounds like eggnog overload.

  8. #23
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    I don't know about her family members... Also, defending the flag and freedoms? Sounds like eggnog overload.
    Maybe you should have knowledge before you post then. It's part of her candidate bio online, a simple online search would reveal it.

    Her son was a recent Active duty Navy, current Active Navy Reserve. He has defended the very flag you pledge to. Disrespect to our armed services and their family members is despicable.

  9. #24
    Forum All Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,986
    I wasn't compelled to look at her bio. I'm glad they serve.

  10. #25
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    great thread. Really.

  11. #26
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,106
    pretty sure it should be renamed 'spirit of festivus'


  12. #27
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    ...the gentlemen poster said was that he felt that the newly minted, short-term senator was grifting the public by accepting a salary for his very short time in office. While not accurate, in my opinion as Nybo would have been collecting those dollars...
    Not accurate. I posted the article and implicated the Illinois GOP of robbing the taxpayers (Dems as guilty IMO)... the recipient was irrelevant to the point of the article, that taxpayer money should not be handed out when no work or services are rendered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •