Thread: Milton Township trustee to fill senate seat for veto session

Milton Township trustee to fill senate seat for veto session

article:

excerpts:

Chris Nybo, who served the 24th Illinois Senate District since his election in 2014, has resigned from his office.

The Republican 24th Senate District Selection Committee announced Nov. 27 the appointment of Yadav “Nick” Nathwani, a Milton Township trustee from Glen Ellyn, to the Office of State Senator for the 24th Senate District of Illinois
    Wondering why Nybo resigned? maybe to get Nathwani's name out there for a future run? does he have to resign his Milton township seat?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    article:

excerpts:

Wondering why Nybo resigned? maybe to get Nathwani's name out there for a future run? does he have to resign his Milton township seat?
    He did not give a reason for the resignation. I'm not sure if Nick has to resign since it's only 6 weeks. If you were in town, you could ask Nick yourself tomorrow at the Town Meeting .

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    He did not give a reason for the resignation. I'm not sure if Nick has to resign since it's only 6 weeks. If you were in town, you could ask Nick yourself tomorrow at the Town Meeting .
    shoot. I was at main st. last week......didn't see him there....

Nick was chosen over 2 others, including Nybo's head of staff. He recently was named as Vice-Chair for the Milton Township Republicans, also. I doubt he will have to step down as a Trustee for the Township, but if he did, the 6 week stint as State Senator might be a stepping stone towards who knows what shortly down the road.

In Illinois, 6 weeks in the State Senate probably gets you a pension of about $80K for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    In Illinois, 6 weeks in the State Senate probably gets you a pension of about $80K for the rest of your life.
    Sounds like pizza will be on him for a couple years worth of committeemen meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Too bad we don't have a person who is a fiscal "watchdog" to call this type of behavior out. Shameful. This is Madigan's fault, right?

Heck, I get $50k each time I show up at a school board meeting. IMRF benefits, too. Maybe I should split the pizza with Nick. What you think, avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    What you think, avatar?
    I think you are a hypocrite that deflects when facts are presented.

Glad to see that the County GOP and the other powers that be did not appoint Nybo's "District Director" which is just a glorified title for his secretary. This was no doubt a ploy to spike her pension.

That's one Christmas gift that would have kept on giving. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    What facts are you hallucinating about? What mid said? Yeah, right, a six week stint will garner Nick thousands in pension cash. And you're the Queen of Sheba.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    What facts are you hallucinating about? What mid said? Yeah, right, a six week stint will garner Nick thousands in pension cash. And you're the Queen of Sheba.
    As I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post