Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Apex 400 (Giesche) Development III

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Meow!
    If you only knew...

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    That store is going to sit there for another 30 years with an occasional "art" display put up by our favorite Glen Ellyn "Blurry, photoshopped to highlight one color and steal every other GE photographers ideas while having misspelled domain names that redirect to his crap work" photographer and nothing else.

If it ever does get redeveloped, I will offer the owner $500 for the Giesche sign.
    According to this article, the current photos were done by a COD student who is a young woman named Zlatka Burtis.

http://www.cod.edu/news-events/news/...tallation.aspx

So are you worried that a different crop of photos by your unnamed nemesis photographer will replace these? Or are you trying to criticize the work of this student?

The photos that are currently on display in the former Giesche are pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora Klok View Post
    The photos that are currently on display in the former Giesche are pretty awesome.
    Yes, quite good. Talented. Unlike the photos in another store front. Someday, I will rat that guy out to all to show how dishonest he was. But for now, keep guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenly Ellynby View Post
    unnamed nemesis photographer
    Not a Nemesis. Just a very dishonest person that went out of his way to steal and misdirect people.

I would never criticize a student. In this digital age, I am seeing a ton of wonderful work from Middle school on up to High school work. The school my son attends has a camera class starting in 5th grade and using film and digital. They develop their own film in a darkroom and display the work in the hallways. Some of it is just amazing how good it is.

The idea to display work in empty store fronts was presented to the village and property owners back in 2006 by someone. It did not fly back then. I am glad they are doing it now. Brilliant idea. Would love to see a lot more and it changed up more often.

I talked to Al Lewek about the dishonest photographer before he passed, he just brushed it off. There were 4 other photographers that were getting ripped, they felt differently. Why target Al? He probably took photos of 50% of the people in this town the last 30+ years and was a village treasure. He was always nice and did fine work. RIP Al.

http://www.glenellynphotos.com/index.html

But back to Giesche's.

But back to Giesche's.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    OK

Love this photo 58!

Man, if I cannot get the sign, I would love to buy a signed print of that shot and framed. Great snap GE....

Save Main Street Glen Ellyn—Stop Apex400 Development petition (link)

The Village of Glen Ellyn is considering a mixed-use development...so we urge the Village Board to reject the proposal for Apex400 brought forth by GSP Development and 400 Main, LLC.

If not this, what should go there?

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    OK

Hey, GES58 . . . can you call me tomorrow, for favor? Let me know if you ain't got my number.

Man, if I cannot get the sign, I would love to buy a signed print of that shot and framed. Great snap GE....
    Thanks! The editing on that shot was quick and dirty and not real great. I can do lots better. You want the real sign? Cool. I just want one of the hands from the millennium clock to make a sundial out of for my backyard.

Either way, I can get you a print of that, given some lead time (I don't print my own stuff). The "a downtown to treasure" banner was an extra bonus in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Hey, GES58 . . . can you call me tomorrow, for favor? Let me know if you ain't got my number.
    I have it. Between 12 and 1 before I head off to work is about my only window to call you.