Thread: Civic Betterment endorsements

Civic Betterment endorsements

5 Glen Ellyn village board candidates seek Civic Betterment Party's nod (link) Daily Herald

Excerpts...

Glen Ellyn voters at a caucus-style town hall next month will have their pick of at least five village board candidates vying for the endorsement of the Civic Betterment Party in the spring election.

At the town hall Dec. 1, the 87-year-old party will formally present the five trustee candidates for three available board seats: incumbent Mark Senak, Patrick Escalante, Matthew Jones, Kelli Christiansen and Stephen Thompson.

Three village trustee seats -- held by Senak, John Kenwood and Pete Ladesic -- are up in the April election.

Ladesic said Thursday he's still weighing whether to make a bid for a fourth term -- he does know he would run independent of the Civic Betterment slating process -- and then run for village president when that post is up for election in 2021.

The party also has named eight candidates for four available library trustee seats.

Town hall voting will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 1. The candidates will give brief speeches around 10 a.m. Early voting runs from 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 27 and 28 at the Glen Ellyn Library.

Any candidate who runs on a "Leaves Into the Street" collection platform has my vote.

I see things are going per usual in my absence.

I think some of you might want to reconsider what you posted...

Always liked Pete's relationship with Civic Betterment...always!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Always liked Pete's relationship with Civic Betterment...always!
    I like Pete and know him well, If he wants to run for Village President, all the power to him. I do wish he would take these two years off instead of running against the CBP candidates causing people to have to spend money for a volunteer position. He knows my thoughts on this, I've shared them with him a few times.

These folks aren't Madigan puppets. He isn't making them spend cash

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    These folks aren't Madigan puppets. He isn't making them spend cash
    There is zero cost to running through the CBP, that is it's main purpose. If a candidate (they have the right) chooses to run outside of the slate, everyone has to spend money. While the CBP will help, they only have limited funds (very few people donate).

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    ......... know him well, If he wants to run for Village President, all the power to him. I do wish he would take these two years off instead of running against the CBP candidates causing people to have to spend money for a volunteer position.
    I would agree 100%. I will remove my above post.

I did the same.