Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Lights Already??

Forum Demi-god
    What's worse? Up too early or down too late? I'm now up too early after many years of down too late.

I get putting them up early, anticipating the holiday season. I just don’t get leaving them up when the season is over.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I get putting them up early, anticipating the holiday season. I just don’t get leaving them up when the season is over.
    Damnit, I messed up...that was my 5,000th post...I wrote my 5,000th post a month ago and intended to post it...now I have an old man "Stay off my lawn" or "Roll up or down on the toilet paper" post to become the first Forum "Demi-god." Damnit...

Forum Demi-god
    What about Halloween? The early Halloweeners almost make me want to sneak into their yard and destroy it.

Sideways, anyone heard about the GE resident who tackled the dink-dong ditcher this week, injuring the poor kid, and then got a visit from the po po?

Traditionally lights are "acceptable" through the end of the Christmas season (this year it's the 13th), but most folks go until the feast of the Epiphany, which is tomorrow, the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Sideways, anyone heard about the GE resident who tackled the dink-dong ditcher this week, injuring the poor kid, and then got a visit from the po po?
    Holy crap, that is really... something. Tackling children will always lead to trouble, as annoying as the little ****ers can be.

We have the ding-dong ditchters in waves. Chasing or yelling at them seems to encourage them. Talking to their parents works best.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenly Ellynby View Post
    Holy crap, that is really... something. Tackling children will always lead to trouble, as annoying as the little ****ers can be.

We have the ding-dong ditchters in waves. Chasing or yelling at them seems to encourage them. Talking to their parents works best.
    The young man had to have surgery. A bit over the top.

GE tree is down, horse trough back.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    cool, I was planning on hitting it sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    cool, I was planning on hitting it sometime this month.
    great double entendre!

Well, were into February and 38 days past December 25. We have predicted temperatures in the 30's, 40's , even 50's by Monday! So it's a great time to take down or at least shut off your Christmas decorations.

Forum Regular
    Well, were into February and 38 days past December 25. We have predicted temperatures in the 30's, 40's , even 50's by Monday! So it's a great time to take down or at least shut off your Christmas decorations.
    But it's only 327 days till Christmas. Is it time to throw in the towel and plan ahead?