Thread: Driving tips from Glen Ellyn Drivers

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar

Driving tips from Glen Ellyn Drivers

It is time. It needs it's own thread. Maybe one will read this someday and save a life by driving better.

First post.

A woman, in her 60's or 70's driving on Roosevelt Road today in a newish black Volvo sedan. GE car sticker. Driving erratically and well over the speed limit. Weaving in and out of lanes and tailgating. As she was tale gating me, I could see the woman had either fear or hostility in her eyes. She then bolted into the left lane and passed me and then did the old, "look at me, I am cutting you off really close" move. I was sure she was rushing to some hospital like she was dying,but after that move, I settled on her being insane. We passed Park going eastbound and I could see her weaving in and out still. Up Baker hill, she went through the red there and then down the hill into the far right lane down to 355. had to duck one car there and then back into that lane to pass everyone else. I lost vision of her...

Until I got to Blair street only to see her in the left turn lane. She pulled a U-turn and booked into the Dunkin Donuts.

She probably cut off 10 people so she can get coffee.

Have any of you seen the woman driving around GE with this bumper sticker: "If you are going to ride my ***, at least pull my hair."

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    the thing is, she passed the Dunkin Donuts next to the gas station at Park and Roosevelt. The dunkin on the other side of 355 is better than the other?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Dash cams, front and rear. Needed. I don't have one of those (yet), but wish I did when someone or some thing "keyed" the hood of my new car on Monday.