Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving tips from Glen Ellyn Drivers

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class

Driving tips from Glen Ellyn Drivers

It is time. It needs it's own thread. Maybe one will read this someday and save a life by driving better.

First post.

A woman, in her 60's or 70's driving on Roosevelt Road today in a newish black Volvo sedan. GE car sticker. Driving erratically and well over the speed limit. Weaving in and out of lanes and tailgating. As she was tale gating me, I could see the woman had either fear or hostility in her eyes. She then bolted into the left lane and passed me and then did the old, "look at me, I am cutting you off really close" move. I was sure she was rushing to some hospital like she was dying,but after that move, I settled on her being insane. We passed Park going eastbound and I could see her weaving in and out still. Up Baker hill, she went through the red there and then down the hill into the far right lane down to 355. had to duck one car there and then back into that lane to pass everyone else. I lost vision of her...

Until I got to Blair street only to see her in the left turn lane. She pulled a U-turn and booked into the Dunkin Donuts.

She probably cut off 10 people so she can get coffee.

Have any of you seen the woman driving around GE with this bumper sticker: "If you are going to ride my ***, at least pull my hair."

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    the thing is, she passed the Dunkin Donuts next to the gas station at Park and Roosevelt. The dunkin on the other side of 355 is better than the other?

Dash cams, front and rear. Needed. I don't have one of those (yet), but wish I did when someone or some thing "keyed" the hood of my new car on Monday.

Blowing through a stop sign with a phone in your hand and laying on the horn at a person that has the right away and almost hits him.

Driving down Pennsylvania with a phone 6 inches from your face while driving in the area with all the parking lot lines then stopping 2 feet short of the parked car's door that was in your "Lane."

Having a person flipping you off multiple times while you drive behind him while you question what you are doing wrong, then the irate driver pulls into an un-shoveled parking lot and looks to have hit a car while attempting to back into the spot for no apparently reason.

The GE demolition derby is in full effect.

And this all happened on my drive to work this morning!!!
    Last edited by Bry; 11-27-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Dash cams, front and rear. Needed. I don't have one of those (yet), but wish I did when someone or some thing "keyed" the hood of my new car on Monday.
    And yes, I need to get a dash cam. My wife says that all this insane driving only happens when I am driving. Like I am an enabler telepathically to everyone around me to drive like crazy people.

rumor has it, someone drove off western and into someone's lawn last week. Wonder if it was the same person I was behing last year that blew through the stop sign at Hawthorne and Western then drove over a curb and into the backyard at the NW corner house at the intersection then got out of the car and abandoned it while it was still running?

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    rumor has it, someone drove off western and into someone's lawn last week. Wonder if it was the same person I was behing last year that blew through the stop sign at Hawthorne and Western then drove over a curb and into the backyard at the NW corner house at the intersection then got out of the car and abandoned it while it was still running?
    was it a wheaton judge?

was it a wheaton judge?
    Zing! Good one!

was it a wheaton judge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Zing! Good one!
    Where is the Like or Promote Post buttons for these?

I had a Bry-like experience yesterday!

Driving north on Bryant, turned on signal and slowed to turn west onto Duane (Duane has a stop, Bryant does not). Felt I had to slow quite a bit due to a [stopped] eastbound car that had crept out quite a bit, and heavy ice/snow conditions. Dude going west on Duane decided that my slowing was a sign of weakness and tried to gun it off the stop line and beat me across the intersection. His Audi wasn't up to the challenge, and he had to then bail/brake to avoid me t-boning him. By some miracle no crash.

It is nice having all the roads done.

Is the Taylor underpass open?

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Is the Taylor underpass open?
    From what I read on Facebook this morning, it looks like the work is planned to be completed by end of December.