Thread: Glen Ellyn's Very Own Superman Needs Our Help

Glen Ellyn's Very Own Superman Needs Our Help

Can you imagine going to an event in Glen Ellyn and not seeing Superman there? He has lived above the old Soukup's store (now Nobel House) on Main Street for close to 27 years. The owner of the building (not Nobel House) has doubled his rent. He needs the communities help, please consider helping:

https://www.gofundme.com/qqqw8-super...v1CHNC7SurSCCw

From the Go Fund Me Page:
    Many know him simply as Superman. For the past 26 + years, Jonathan Charbonneau has been a fixture in Glen Ellyn parades and festivals as Superman. Jonathan is 52 years old and has a full time job with Dupage Medical Group. He holds a third degree black belt in karate from Sky Center in Lombard. He is a wealth of knowledge on Chess, Science, Mathematics, and Rocketry, among other subjects. He has lived above the old Soukup's store (now Nobel House) on Main Street for close to 27 years. PLEASE NOTE... NOBEL HOUSE IS NOT THE BUILDING MANAGER/OWNER. LET'S WELCOME THEM TO THE COMMUNITY. Jonathan also has Aspergers Syndrome, on the Autism Spectrum. I have known him for the past seven years and am honored to be a trusted friend. Recently, on September 18th, Jonathan received a back dated 30 day Notice to move from his apartment. This was the first notice of any kind, as Jonathan was given a month to month lease when ownership of the building changed. I spoke with his Landlord for him, and reminded him that he is always one month in advance on his bills. I asked him to reconsider renewing his lease, to which he raised his rent from $455 to $800, a 75% increase. He was asking for it to take effect on October 1st, less than two weeks from his first notice. We have been working with local attorney Peter King and have been able to push back the increase through October. We have been searching for more affordable housing within walking access to the train, as Jonathan does not drive. Jonathan is reluctant to big changes like moving. He is very regimented in his schedule and this has been beyond upsetting to him. I would like to ask the community to consider helping Jonathan remain in his current residence with this new financial burden until we can find him find a safe environment for him to live and thrive. Jonathan appreciates any support you can give.

Forum Regular
    I just posted this on Nextdoor as well. Reassuring to see so many donations already made. Thanks for posting Perplexed.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    That horrible human pile of democrat Niche wanted me to post this since he cannot:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/10...rman-gofundme/

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Bry's link appears to be broken, try this one [CBS Chicago Link].

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar

Glen Ellyn rallies around own Superman in his time of need (link) Daily Herald

Excerpts..'
    "But last month, Superman found himself in an unusual position: He was the one who needed help.
    The GoFundMe page has far exceeded that initial goal, raising $35,600 in little more than a week.
    "It gives you hope in humanity again," Spiller said."